Quick Protocol Question 06/02/2004 09:57 PM CDT
Alright, I've been gone for a bit over 4 years, and I think I've caught up with most of the major changes, but one of the things I've been wondering is whether it is still the standard operating procedure to ask your patient before taking bleeders. I've felt a bit uncomfortable asking lately, but I'm also not comfortable just taking them.

Limbeck
Re: Quick Protocol Question 06/02/2004 10:09 PM CDT
<<I've been wondering is whether it is still the standard operating procedure to ask your patient before taking bleeders.>>

That's an individual thing, if you decide it's right to ask then I'm sure people will appreciate the good manners. Personally, from an IC perspective, I don't see bloody holes in one's body as a positive thing and would be baffled by anyone who asked to keep a wound.

Passionata
Re: Quick Protocol Question 06/02/2004 11:02 PM CDT
>>Alright, I've been gone for a bit over 4 years, and I think I've caught up with most of the major changes, but one of the things I've been wondering is whether it is still the standard operating procedure to ask your patient before taking bleeders. I've felt a bit uncomfortable asking lately, but I'm also not comfortable just taking them.

If I'm not busy/blinded by scroll, if they don't get infected, or if they aren't already half-dead, then I'll ask. Beyond that, it's up to the patients to make sure I know and they're out of luck if they don't let me know before the first wound/scar transfers.

J'Lo, no that other one
Re: Quick Protocol Question 06/03/2004 12:49 AM CDT
With my empath, if they don't say they want it, it gets taken. With my other chars, I will specifically say I want the bleeder left if I want to keep it. If I don't say it then the empath is free to take it. I consider it a rare form of good manners when the empath asks if I want anything kept before actually taking it even if its not in my empaths character to do it. So, keep asking, it doesn't hurt you or the patient in most cases and usually makes the patient a little happier with you for it.

In the end all things return to Chaos
Re: Quick Protocol Question 06/03/2004 09:04 AM CDT
I usually ask- but if I'm involved with battle-triage I don't bother: The said wounded will probably get more injuries soon enough.

Doryaa

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Quick Protocol Question 06/03/2004 06:28 PM CDT
Maybe its just me. But the way I play my empath is that if someone asks to keep a wound, then they keep it, if they don't they won't. The onus of request or query is on the person being healed.

My other characters, if they have a bleeder and request healing, I'm actually surprised to be asked if I would like to keep a bleeder. I'm not sure why this is, probably because of my attitude towards healing. If for whatever reason I want to keep a bleeder, I'll let the person healing me know that if possible I would like to keep bleeding, but I don't expect them to ask me. I do expect them to honor my wishes once I make them known however.

Mole

AIM ~ Jasperjohn DR

WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?
Help. Help. If anyone reads this I am being held prisoner by an evil Eunuch. Help.
Re: Quick Protocol Question 06/04/2004 11:53 AM CDT
I will ask someone if they want to keep a bleeder. However, I really like those folks who, upon my touching them whisper, "Thanks! Take it all please."

It just makes it easier on me.

Maxxwel, druken babbling empath at large.