Did you mean to give me this much? 07/16/2003 05:38 PM CDT
Yes.

Lately in Theren where I've been keeping myself these days, I've noticed a new influx of empaths which is cool. I'm not familiar with many of them and they not with me. So when I request a healing and give them my usual tip, I've been getting hunted down afterwards with someone asking me if I intended to give that much. I can understand the empath not wanting to accidently get someones backpack and such and I admire them asking, but yes I do usually give what I can.

It's not a complaint, I just want those empaths who do read this and end up giving me a healing in the future that yes, I do tip odd packages with armor, magic items, gem pouches full of gems and such. Yes I do purchase things at merchants and festival exclusively to save and use for empath tips later. If you happen to get a gem pouch from me that's full of rubies and other gems, then yes, if it came from me, it is intential.

I felt bad because one empath recently told me they were trying to track me down for two days wondering if the empath package I gave them was not a mistake. Another just few days before that hunted me down to where I was hunting to ask if I made an error.

So yes Virginia, there is a Woodcubb.

If I haven't said enough, I appreciate each and everyone one of you empaths. Thanks for letting me share this and hope I allevieted any confusion.

Woodcubb of Ilithi

You have crystal blue eyes. You are bald, with dark brown skin. You are clean shaven. You have a tattoo of a huge Taisidonian pearl nestled inside an opened oyster on your arm.
Re: Did you mean to give me this much? 07/16/2003 05:41 PM CDT
I repeat what I said after I went through the package you gave me:

Best. Tip. Ever.

Nice ta know at least one person knows what we're worth ;)

- Miki (player of)

Terlockin taps a stone grey hide telescope case trimmed in pure white fur labeled "Moonarian" that he is wearing.

You hear Kssarh's voice from above saying, "It's spelled M-O-R-O-N."
Re: Did you mean to give me this much? 07/16/2003 10:11 PM CDT
<<So when I request a healing and give them my usual tip, I've been getting hunted down afterwards with someone asking me if I intended to give that much.>>

Ilithi,

According to current guild policy, any empath that does that has now given you consent to kill them.

Please do.

<<I felt bad because one empath recently told me they were trying to track me down for two days wondering if the empath package I gave them was not a mistake.>>

An empath that does that has given you consent until they decide to re-roll.

The player of Illcram the Evil Empath

Make him rich!
http://www.coalition.fairmount.nu
Re: Did you mean to give me this much? 07/17/2003 11:01 AM CDT
<<According to current guild policy, any empath that does that has now given you consent to kill them.>>

LOL! Heh. You are evil. LOL!

Woodcubb of Ilithi

You have crystal blue eyes. You are bald, with dark brown skin. You are clean shaven. You have a tattoo of a huge Taisidonian pearl nestled inside an opened oyster on your arm.
Re: Did you mean to give me this much? 08/24/2003 01:58 PM CDT
We need some kind of thank you card or some kind of note to stick on stuff... Something that denotes that this is a gift for healing...Idunno. I'm making gift boxes right now and putting herbs and goodies in them! I just wish I could stick in a little thank you note or something.

-M
Re: Did you mean to give me this much? 08/24/2003 03:48 PM CDT
<<So yes Virginia, there is a Woodcubb.>>

As just being a rather shocked recepient of Woodcubb's special tip packages all I can say is Wow! It might be a good thing that not everyone tips like him, I'd be overburdened in no time. Not to mention there were things in there that I didn't even know what they were........

So if you read this Woodcubb, Thanks it was...

Extraordinary!

Blessings,

Sympath Emerisel Draa Vae-Salarin

To sorrow I bade good morrow, and thought to leave her far away behind. But cheerily, cheerily, she loves me dearly, she is so constant and so kind. And I would leave her and so deceive her but Oh, she is so constant and so kind.
Re: Did you mean to give me this much? 08/24/2003 04:07 PM CDT
You could use a wax label on the box, just label it "thanks" or "tip" or something.
Re: Did you mean to give me this much? 08/24/2003 04:43 PM CDT
Isn't there a shop in Haven that has cards?

~Y

The Guide to the Elothean People and so much more.
http://www.bakshiloa.com/libraryindex.html
Re: Did you mean to give me this much? 08/24/2003 05:32 PM CDT
<<Isn't there a shop in Haven that has cards?>>

The Joy Shop in Haven sells cards, not sure how personal the messaging inside gets though. I received a birthday one with a sortof generic happy birthday message and signed with my friends name. But, its a neat idea.

-Etrina

Turgog says, "heh, if'n ya wuz Tog lassie, ye cud bop man Tog on head, drag ta bushes, makes shake, make fun"
Re: Did you mean to give me this much? 08/24/2003 06:24 PM CDT
I'll have to look at those cards and see.. and the wax thing too. I just gave my first gift box! I don't know if it's as much as Woodcubb there, but now I'm using at least one non-foragable herb, then foragables, perhaps a shiny thing, and goodies! Crits drop some cute things sometimes too. I had a blast putting it all together. It was so much more fun than tipping. I'm going to just keep some boxes with me in my travels. Woodcubb and I will have to start empath appreciation day and he can be santa and... Well I suppose I'm an elf aren't I.
Re: Did you mean to give me this much? 08/24/2003 09:11 PM CDT
>Isn't there a shop in Haven that has cards?

Yes, but the cards are sorta pricey. Maybe with Careers one of the Guilds will have the ability to make a short tag for us, much like the Trader's use on items. Be pretty nice to order a dozen "Thank-you, from Person" labels to stick on things.
Re: Did you mean to give me this much? 08/25/2003 12:20 PM CDT
>> You could use a wax label on the box, just label it "thanks" or "tip" or something.

Where are these thingies anyway? I don't know anything about them.
Re: Did you mean to give me this much? 08/25/2003 12:26 PM CDT
someon told me about where to get em and i prompty forgot, i think i was sober at the time (hence my forgetting). critters drop em too I'm told...

Maxxwel
Babbling Empath at Large
AIM: MaxxwelDR

"No, the booze cleans the wounds! Look, have you ever seen with with infected wounds? Nope!"
Re: Did you mean to give me this much? 09/09/2003 03:25 PM CDT
<<As just being a rather shocked recepient of Woodcubb's special tip packages all I can say is Wow! It might be a good thing that not everyone tips like him, I'd be overburdened in no time. Not to mention there were things in there that I didn't even know what they were........>>

Yer kindly welcome. One thing I try to do is look at the empath and see what their wear. I might post-pone my healing, go to my vault and get an item that might go with that empath, then rush back for the healing. I sometimes carry a few packages, one fluffy, one less fluffy. Sometimes it maybe just a pouch of gems and some food, while others jewlery, scrolls or merchant items. But burden is diffinately on my mind when I create these. I don't want to burden the poor empath (though I do tend to go overboard during my shopping sprees - blushes). I figure, what the empath can't use, she/he can give it to younger folk who can.

The thing that's fun is putting packages in packages in packages. So though I might give a ruby red journey pack, chances are there's a basket in there that has a gift bag inside that has a pouch inside full of goodies. Or an apron with a wand belt inside, with a magic item inside that. Depends on where I buy my packages (Usually Theren).

As warrior's, we have the luck of finding cool stuff at times, I hope more and more folks continue the trend of giving instead of just tipping. Folk have stuff in their vaults that they might have gotten from a premi gift that they never use, so it's cool to consider giving it to those who heal us.

I'm glad ya folks are enjoying them. It makes it worth while.

Woodcubb of Ilithi

Re: Did you mean to give me this much? 09/09/2003 03:28 PM CDT
I love your package tips, Woodcubb, cuz even if I don't/can't use all the stuff in them, I like the surprises.

And I still have my spoons frm the first tip package I got from you. :)

Sunfrost
Re: Did you mean to give me this much? 09/09/2003 09:24 PM CDT
Woodcubb, you might like this idea, it's something I've had great success with.

I play a moon mage character that mostly hunts critters that don't drop gems or boxes (blood wolves and crocs lately) because they teach evasion best and are skinnable. I find tipping in coin to be boring, so I thought to myself, "What can I do for tips that is fun?" So I started making simple enchantments for those that heal me. There's a very easy one called empowerment that adds verbs to items - shake, invoke, rub, tap, and lick (that I know of, there may be more). In general I get a very positive response from the people I give these to - I've been told twice that it's the best tip they've ever gotten. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

I usually let the empath pick the item they want done, usually something they already have. If I'm doing it as a surprise, I just ask them their favorite color and go get a ring from the gem shop in that color and enchant it. I'm pretty sure you don't play a moon mage, but any mage that has passed the enchantment tests can make this and will probably do so if you ask them nicely, maybe for a small fee. If you want to find Leika IG she'll do some for you.
Re: Did you mean to give me this much? 09/10/2003 09:20 AM CDT
This is why I love Leika <snuggles>

~Villya

Why? I'll tell you why. I don't know. It doesn't make sense. Here look at the monkey , look at the silly monkey.
Re: Did you mean to give me this much? 09/10/2003 12:23 PM CDT
Aww, you so sweet Villya.

Another note for any moon mages that might be reading... some empaths <glances at Villya> really get a kick out of predictions. Never hurts to ask if they'd like one in addition to whatever else you might be giving.
Re: Did you mean to give me this much? 09/10/2003 12:33 PM CDT
>>Another note for any moon mages that might be reading... some empaths <glances at Villya> really get a kick out of predictions. Never hurts to ask if they'd like one in addition to whatever else you might be giving.<<

I love predictions as a tip, I think they are sooo much fun, plus you know..a good prediction in Empathy never hurts the shift skill. ;)

~Villya

Why? I'll tell you why. I don't know. It doesn't make sense. Here look at the monkey , look at the silly monkey.
Re: Did you mean to give me this much? 09/10/2003 03:05 PM CDT
Wonderful Idea. I'll diffinately look you. I love giving out magic thingies the most.

Woodcubb of Ilithi

Re: Did you mean to give me this much? 09/10/2003 03:15 PM CDT

Just because you're posting here Woodcubb, I want to say sorry about yesterday. I fell asleep while playing. I should really know better than to play within the first hour of taking my meds. Invariably I end up fighting off sleep.

Anyways, yeah, I apologize.

~player of Syrath

Kinsmen, Steel, Stone.
www.stone-clan.com

Nin showrskilik dabru dangig kvuthen, "Derg ewn tharfe mate nin verdh suun nin kwin bowr, nin kwin bowr va nin verdh."
Re: Did you mean to give me this much? 09/10/2003 03:43 PM CDT
<<some empaths <glances at Villya> really get a kick out of predictions>>

Predictions are a great tip! So much fun to see what I can do with a few more ranks in a lore skill...<drools>

-Etrina

Ahwen says to you, "You, madam, are a sottish, dizzy-eyed waterfly!"
Re: Did you mean to give me this much? 09/10/2003 05:05 PM CDT
<<Just because you're posting here Woodcubb, I want to say sorry about yesterday. I fell asleep while playing. I should really know better than to play within the first hour of taking my meds. Invariably I end up fighting off sleep.>>

No worries me friend. Meraud knows I fall asleep in my head all the time. I figured if there's no response, usually it's for a good reason. I'm still in town and might still need your help, once those Hulking Bargest make Woodcubb Meal outta me again. Those doggies hurt! Talk about ouch! But aaaah . . . the things I do for target magic training.

Woodcubb of Ilithi