Debate 02/15/2003 02:15 PM CST
Since this might be of interest to some of your empaths, I figured I'd post a note here.

The Fyearikloa'i Rensh'a are hosting a debate on the ethics of blood sport. Preliminaries are tonight. I'm including Starsha's original post about it below.

~Y

To Spar or Not To Spar

...is the question posed by the Fyearikloa'i Rensh'a in the first ever Debate of the Thinkers! With all the necessary, day-to-day violence present in the realms, can we consider ourselves a civilized people if we engage in violent activities simply for sport?

But don't answer yet! First you must pass the preliminary round of debates before you can tackle our final question. So if you want a chance to display your mental prowess, and perhaps win a nifty prize or two in the process, come to the University of Leth Derial at 6:30 PM on February 15th and be ready to think on your feet!

Look what I can't do!
http://www.coalition.fairmont.nu
Re: Debate 02/15/2003 02:21 PM CST
Oooo.... sounds fun. Too bad I've never been a good student of Elanthian History. Maybe I can get by on will power alone?

=(

_____________________________________________ "Can you even dye my eyes to match my gown?" ~Dorothy

For more information on empaths who shift, go to:
http://www.coalition.fairmount.nu
Re: Debate 02/15/2003 04:04 PM CST
Err...What time zone is that? EST? Assuming it is...I got 20 minutes to get to leth.

- Miki
Re: Debate 02/15/2003 08:57 PM CST
Sorry I didn't see you there, Miki. It was indeed EST, and we probably should have mentioned that we'd have gates <grins>. However, it's actually not too late to participate in the big debate. These were the "tryouts" as it were, so you can still email me at my play.net address, and set up a time to tryout on your own. And if that doesn't sound good to you, you're welcome to just come watch the debate when it occurs. The date is yet to be set, but we'll surely be posting as soon as it is.

By the way, that goes for everyone, not just Miki. :)

~Serienna
Re: Debate 02/15/2003 11:52 PM CST
Alright...3:30 my time, I couldn't of made it anyway.

You have an AIM screenname I could reach you at instead? My email is on the fritz as of late and I'm unable to receive or send anything.

- Miki
Re: Debate 02/16/2003 09:16 AM CST
Sure, you can IM me at Aneivilys. I've been away a lot recently, but leave a message and I'll get back to you.

~Serienna
Debate 03/08/2003 04:54 PM CST
The aforementioned debate will take place tonight at 9PM est in The Chamber of Voices in Shard's Great Tower.

All are welcome to attend. We may even be opening the floor up to those who could not attend the preliminaries.

~Y

To Spar or Not To Spar

...is the question posed by the Fyearikloa'i Rensh'a in the first ever Debate of the Thinkers! With all the necessary, day-to-day violence present in the realms, can we consider ourselves a civilized people if we engage in violent activities simply for sport?

*Your witty comment here.* http://www.coalition.fairmont.nu