Professional Ethics w/ Tips 01/30/2003 03:07 AM CST
Patient arrives, 95% Vital loss, scars and fresh on every part of their body. You clean them up, no problem, and more than willing to do it for free (as it IS the main way to gain experiance so you can better serve in the future).

Patient gives you 40 copper kronars, and says they would love to tip you more, but have no more coins.

A Friend skulking the shadows surveys this this patient and learns they are infact packing a load large enuff to to open their own bank.

It is professionally unethical to ask friend to liberate a few extra coins?

Mind you, The Empath heals for free, and does not mind at all not being Tipped. She does, however mind being lied to.

Just an openion poll.

Shade
Re: Professional Ethics w/ Tips 01/30/2003 09:40 AM CST
Empath's aren't paladins, there is no 'code'. What ever you do, make sure you're prepared to Role play out the interaction/conflict.

Paschein
http://www.coalition.fairmount.nu
Re: Professional Ethics w/ Tips 01/30/2003 09:59 AM CST
When I charge for healing I usually handle critical patients by healing their deadly wounds and informing them that I charge X number of kronars to fully heal them. Most likely you can expect righteous indignation, a fair amount of yelling, being told you are a horrible Empath and perhaps a slap or two in response.

Good luck :)

~Maddie
Re: Professional Ethics w/ Tips 01/30/2003 01:03 PM CST
<<It is professionally unethical to ask friend to liberate a few extra coins?

Mind you, The Empath heals for free, and does not mind at all not being Tipped. She does, however mind being lied to.>>

Like Paschein said, empath's do not have a code like that of Paladins. So help yourself to those pockets and suck'em dry for all they are worth! whoohoooo!

Sorry, I suffer from insanity every once in a while. Since it's an ethical issue of honesty rather than greed, make your point (to him/her) or just let it go.

'Lint
-whose wisdom is sparkling at 101
Re: Professional Ethics w/ Tips 01/30/2003 02:26 PM CST
Hey!

I never said suck em dry, I just pointed out that what ever you do, be prepared for the consequences of the actions.

Paschein
Re: Professional Ethics w/ Tips 01/30/2003 02:37 PM CST
>> Maddie's Post <<

Here, here. -_-;

I've almost given up on trying to charge. I make enough hunting, after all, and I guess I don't need ta heal anybody I don't want to, so there's no real point.

- Miki
Re: Professional Ethics w/ Tips 01/30/2003 02:43 PM CST
<< I've almost given up on trying to charge. I make enough hunting >>

My empath definately agrees, she loves hunting - personally, the thief hates it, casue everyhting she hunts runs from him, so he caint even teach evasion, but only skulk the shadows making sure she stays safe ... but she earns more from joining a group of hunters and huntreseses <--- gah, that's difficult ... than sitting in the guild.

heh, th poor girl has like mid to upper 40s in defences, and she aint but 13 circles - she's runnin neck in neck with the average barbarian (smirk)

Shade
Re: Professional Ethics w/ Tips 01/30/2003 04:11 PM CST
<<When I charge for healing I usually handle critical patients by healing their deadly wounds and informing them that I charge X number of kronars to fully heal them.>>

Interesting. I like this. Pondering a new way to play healer

<<Most likely you can expect righteous indignation, a fair amount of yelling, being told you are a horrible Empath>>

Oh! An extra benefit!

Evil plan forming in my mind...

Illcram the Evil Empath

Make me rich!
Re: Professional Ethics w/ Tips 01/30/2003 05:56 PM CST
>Evil plan forming in my mind...

You don't fool us.

We all know those evil plans spring fully formed and garbed for battle after breaking through your skull.

~Y
Re: Professional Ethics w/ Tips 01/30/2003 08:13 PM CST
>We all know those evil plans spring fully formed and garbed for battle after breaking through your skull.

The moral of this story is that you shouldn't swallow flies.

-Kitrinx
Re: Professional Ethics w/ Tips 02/13/2003 04:02 PM CST
Hmm....in this case, I'd say a small amount of revenge was in order. Whether you have the friend liberate those coins, or you just refuse to heal the liar later in life would be up to you. But it might be going a little too far to actually HURT the guy just for being a greedy, lying, punk....wouldn't it?? Hmmm <ponders>

I have to say, I HATE healing someone standing on the doormat of death and not even hear Thankyou come from their lips. HEaling for free is fine. Charging up front is no big deal, I'll heal the poor and nearly dead. BUt you'd best at least say Thank you, and I'm sorry I cannot afford to tip you. Or even an herb will satisfy me... but DO NOT just walk away, or that friend lurking in the shadows may prove to be a very useful friend...