Just a thought 01/13/2003 10:09 AM CST
Ok, here is a little hypothetical which might start some debate...if Prime ever had a way to go to war with TF, and you were there, doing what you do, healing, how many of you would heal people from BOTH sides? Would you only heal your comerades? In war many armies heal the wounded of enemies (then take them as prisoners), would you heal the 'enemy'? Would you consider those from TF enemies in war? Would you allow them to be taken as prisoners after you healed them knowing that they might be killed or tortured or hurt in some other fashion?

It's not really a conflict but might spark a nice debate or discussion and give people a glimpse into what other Empaths are like.

-Mali in TF
Re: Just a thought 01/13/2003 01:35 PM CST
<<Mali's post>>

For me, pain always takes precedence so be it the wounded prisoner or not, that's who I would go to tend/heal first. My own answer is that I would heal both allied wounded as well as wounded prisoners.

Now to heal someone up knowing that they would be put to torture, I doubt I would heal that person fully if at all. (That's just evil). Maybe numb the pain or make the person comfortable, and pray they die quick.

However, TF are ugly folk. I wouldn't touch them with a 10 ft pole!
muwahahaha

'Lint
Re: Just a thought 01/13/2003 05:54 PM CST
I'd heal from both sides... in general i can say that. I'd heal just about anyone who was truly in need. Can't say I've ever just let someone bleed at my feet. Still, I don't know the circumstances until it happens.

_____________________________________________ "Can you even dye my eyes to match my gown?" ~Dorothy

For more information on empaths who shift, go to:
http://www.coalition.fairmount.nu
Re: Just a thought 01/13/2003 06:07 PM CST
Mali,

I think this topic would be great in the empath ethic's folder (if there is one).

Responses:

Helping the enemy of my people by keeping their warriors alive on the field of battle isn't my thing. I also think it'd be grounds for a crime against the state, and charges of treason. Especially if the guy you just healed goes ahead and kills off a bunch your people.

Empaths aren't neutral - we don't get exemptions to the laws of our land simply because we can't do the killing ourselves. We are accountable for our actions.

Would I heal in a prison ward hospital, possibly if there was little to no chance that those prisoners would be able to escape to attack and harm my side at a future date I might be persuaded to ease their pain and suffering.

If on the other hand the enemy requested our healers to come heal our side's captured prisoners - I'm probably going to be at the head of the line, possibly with aide and a plan to get those guys out of there.

Would I heal up a prisoner for them to be repeatedly tortured and maimed in interrogation? I would say the circumstances would have to be desperate enough to warrant it. Is the person withholding the last piece of evidence that would free or save or end the pain and suffering of my side? I'd likely consider it.

Paschein
Re: Just a thought 01/13/2003 08:26 PM CST
In my eyes, if there was a full out war between the two umm...factions I guess, and a line was drawn, and I saw an empath willingly healing a member of the opposite side outside of a prison camp, that empath would be in trouble. I mean think about, the empath is healing a soldier that could kill more people on my side. Definitely not acceptable. Pick a side.

I've always had an image that an empath could be a truly horrific sight in war setting. I imagine the last thing you'd want to see when you're being 'interogated' is an empath come in, knowing that your misery could continue nonstop. Hmm....well this is certainly dark.

Go pokeball!

Grasi's Player
Re: Just a thought 01/13/2003 08:40 PM CST
If it ever came down between TF and Prime, you know where my loyalties lie :). It would be utter chaotic fun if the greeks/bot/shroud/hing truced or allied up and invaded prime. I would probably roleplay Armas as Armasu's evil twin brother, and have Armasu heal only the prime people (not that the TF people would need any medical help because we'll basically clean up on the prime wussies who never killed much more than 2 people in a 24 hour period ::snicker:: ). Nonetheless I would greatly enjoy healing Prime people and slaughtering them like the boggles they are at the same time.

Armas/Armasu
Re: Just a thought 01/13/2003 09:32 PM CST
I'd let everyone die and just work on my mech and music.

Illcram the Evil Empath
Re: Just a thought 01/13/2003 09:39 PM CST
<<If it ever came down between TF and Prime, you know where my loyalties lie :). >>

Well, isn't THAT cryptic. <makes a mental note to keep a better eye on Armas>

I'm glad that people are discussing this. I was curious as to how many people perceive empaths as lovers of all life etc or universal healers or whatever. Do you risk your 'side' to save a life? Do you risk being put in prison to save a life? There is a Nobel Peace Prize winning organization called Doctors without Borders, that does exactly that. They heal those that need healing no matter where it is. They risk prison and death to heal others.

Back to IC: Would I heal anyone from Prime if there was such a war? If they were prisoners maybe. I try to stay as neutral as I can in TF, because I know a good number of the people, however this would not be the case if we warred with Prime. From what I hear you are all savages! As for letting empaths from your side into our prison camps with aides? You must be kidding! Perhaps you could send care packages complete with metal files and weaponry disguised as cakes to the prisoners too?

I just wanted to get people thinking about their ethics and loyalties (to life or to comrades or to people or whatever). Oh, and I love Grasi's comment about the prisoners fearing the presence of an empath during interrogation. I can just picture some darkened room, and in strides the empath clad in white, cold, empty eyes staring back at you, and a malignant smirk spreading across their face...you realize that the empath looks upon you as less than sentient. You have not experienced true evil until you have seen The Empath!

-Mali from TF
Re: Just a thought 01/13/2003 09:46 PM CST
<<You have not experienced true evil until you have seen The Empath!>>

::adjusts her lustrous gold halo::

Good grief! I have shivers up and down m' arms now. So much so, I think I'm going to faint.

Fear the Empaths!

Amo

_____________________________________________ "Can you even dye my eyes to match my gown?" ~Dorothy

Re: Just a thought 01/13/2003 09:58 PM CST
<<I'd let everyone die and just work on my mech and music.>>

That isn't very evil, more blase. Just think you could team up with an interrogator and get free trans and be evil to boot! So stop spreading that lie...Illcram the evil empath...phoey. You are merely a bard in disguise, working your music during a war when there are so many chances to be up to no good. Go grab your safety blanket and curl up in your corner to devise more ways of pretending to be evil...but I see the truth now...Illcram the Indifferent Empath.

-Mali from TF

Re: Just a thought 01/13/2003 10:04 PM CST
<<but I see the truth now...Illcram the Indifferent Empath>>

I've been exposed!

Okay, I've thought about it some more.

I'd also work on my appraisal.

Illcram the Evil Empath
Re: Just a thought 01/13/2003 10:11 PM CST
Bah!

True evil would work on his firstaid AND have some fresh, er, snacks.

I agree with Mali. You are now dubbed Illcram the Indifferent. Bow and kneel before your queen.

~Amorisse, the Needs Something To Do Tonight But Is Feeling Too Lazy

Re: Just a thought 01/14/2003 12:35 PM CST
I'd heal the opposition's wounds but leave awful, nasty scars so they couldn't do more damage. Comfort and contain. :)

~Mystyria
Re: Just a thought 01/14/2003 06:45 PM CST
Umm...I'd probably sleep threw most of it and wake up in a daze as everyone told me what happened.

~Villya
Re: Just a thought 01/18/2003 02:35 AM CST
Just a thought for those of you who said you'd heal the enemy for altruistic reasons... in a war, a crushing victory of one side over the other makes for less overall bloodshed then evenly matched sides that battle on and on with no sign of victory. By healing the opposition in addition to your own side would extend that even farther... if you truely want the least bloodshed, though it'd be tough on the concious (assuming you have one, doesn't apply to TF people ;), the best thing to do would be to try to determine which side would win, and lend them your support whether it's your side or not. Though if it's the other side that's likely to win, it'd lessen the bloodshed, but likely your blood wouldn't be one of those spared from shedding.

~Daergoth
Re: Just a thought 01/18/2003 10:31 AM CST
<<though it'd be tough on the concious (assuming you have one>>

I'm sorry but this is like the tenth time I've seen this and it's making me CRAZY.

It's "conscience." Conscious is whether or not you're awake and coherent. Conscience is what guides your actions.

Here ends the lesson.

Sunfrost
Re: Just a thought 01/18/2003 12:26 PM CST
<<(assuming you have one, doesn't apply to TF people ;>>

What drives me even more crazy then just spelling errors is when former-TF people try to put down everyone in TF like the demi-humans we are.
Re: Just a thought 01/18/2003 03:40 PM CST
>>It's "conscience." Conscious is whether or not you're awake and coherent. Conscience is what guides your actions.

Sorry, it was 3:30 AM and I was up since about 7:30

>>What drives me even more crazy then just spelling errors is when former-TF people try to put down everyone in TF like the demi-humans we are.

I'm not former, I'm there now, I play prime 1 day a week usually and TF all the rest of the time. Was a joke, you know, ha ha. What drives me crazy is when people assume, because you make an ass out of u and me, mostly u thogh.

~Daergoth/Khor
Nudge: Just a thought 01/19/2003 11:52 AM CST
Ahem...just a little nudge.

We are not in the Conflicts folder, nor on the TF boards.

Thank you.

-Ganolon Halstare
DragonRealms Board Monitor

"No. Give me deeper darkness. Money is not made in the light."