A treatise in Empathic Shock: 08/14/2002 06:51 PM CDT
That's what I want.

I've an empath that I decided to roll up solely for the purpose of determining how harsh empathic shock is, and if it lessen's in time... what you can do while under the effects of shock, how long it takes to lessen it (if it does) etc.

Anyone already know all this so I can just kill off this character already? <G>

- Me.
Re: A treatise in Empathic Shock: 08/14/2002 07:30 PM CDT
Ugh.

Forget it.

A 12 minute stun for every single swing just isn't worth my time.

~ Me
Re: A treatise in Empathic Shock: 08/15/2002 12:00 AM CDT
LOL. Yup, here's the Cliff Notes version of the treatise:

Empathic Shock = BAD

-Baboushka
Re: A treatise in Empathic Shock: 08/15/2002 07:21 AM CDT
<<LOL. Yup, here's the Cliff Notes version of the treatise:>>

<<Empathic Shock = BAD>>

<fidgets nervously> I'm not ready for the test, waaah! <g>

-Ruffles
Re: A treatise in Empathic Shock: 08/15/2002 02:04 PM CDT
Egads, I think I had a dream last night about empathic shock.

That's it I need to take a break...

The mind behind Ythik
Re: A treatise in Empathic Shock: 08/15/2002 04:07 PM CDT
Well, I guess I was just hoping to find out if the shock received ever went down in severity, like, to the point that you eventually could hunt. A 12 minute stun that leaves you prone for that long is totally unrealistic if you want to accomplish anything hunting (obviously), but is there a time that that stun drops down to the point that it leaves you on your feet? Or maybe even drops to under 2 minutes? Or doesn't exist at all?

~ me
Re: A treatise in Empathic Shock: 08/15/2002 05:12 PM CDT
>is there a time that that stun drops down to the point that it leaves you on your feet? Or maybe even drops to under 2 minutes? Or doesn't exist at all?

From what I've heard, No.

Hunting isn't supposed to be a viable option for empaths.

Ythik
Re: A treatise in Empathic Shock: 08/15/2002 05:40 PM CDT
I never got a 12 minute long shock, but I never swung at a critter. I took a few swings at Cayene, but I'm not sure Hodierna really blamed me, so I was only stunned for a minute or less. Didn't connect though.

Grasi's Player
Re: A treatise in Empathic Shock: 08/16/2002 02:22 PM CDT
Ok.......just out of curiosity......what would happen if an empath decided to start taking up hunting? Would they still retain the ability to heal themselves? Would they get that 12 sec. roundtime with the swing of each weapon?

Just a thought.

~~Synn
Re: A treatise in Empathic Shock: 08/16/2002 03:01 PM CDT
When I had taken shock from a younger empath I was not able to sense the wounds of others- but I could still heal myself, and did so.

Doryaa
Re: A treatise in Empathic Shock: 08/16/2002 05:49 PM CDT
<<Ok.......just out of curiosity......what would happen if an empath decided to start taking up hunting? Would they still retain the ability to heal themselves? Would they get that 12 sec. roundtime with the swing of each weapon?>>

If an empath decided to take up hunting, they would be subject to a shock stun for every swing of a weapon (I'm almost positive you continue to get stunned for each strike, although I am not sure if the time worsens or lessens or what). They would retain the ability to heal themselves, and would get whatever roundtime is accurate for their stats (in addition to the shock stun, of course).

So while it'd be cool 'cos you could heal yourself during or after hunting, getting a huge "roundtime" (from the shock stun) for every hit would make hunting pretty unproductive in my eyes. As fatal as stuns can be in combat, I don't think this is something that would work well for anyone.

Meghan
Re: A treatise in Empathic Shock: 08/17/2002 09:30 PM CDT
>Well, I guess I was just hoping to find out if the shock received ever went down in severity, like, to the point that you eventually could hunt. A 12 minute stun that leaves you prone for that long is totally unrealistic if you want to accomplish anything hunting (obviously), but is there a time that that stun drops down to the point that it leaves you on your feet? Or maybe even drops to under 2 minutes? Or doesn't exist at all?

I got the 12 minute stun after every swing constantly after I killed my second rat as far as I remember. I did this test about a month ago. The only change in this was the afk scripting warning I got for not being able to respond and tell how many ranks of trans I had when I got checked, since I was stunned. I thought that was kinda funny. My char was even in sleep and rest mode so there was no exp gain.

I had heard about the stun dropping in length too, but I honestly think that it is a myth. I didn't have the patience to test it more than a few days so I guess it is still a possibility.

Vikr
Re: A treatise in Empathic Shock: 08/26/2002 07:15 PM CDT
Yeah. It's not a 12 second stun. That I could deal with. It's a 12 MINUTE stun.

And no, from what I gather, it does not lower in it's intensity/length.

~ Kwa Cyn