Lacking Faith 05/03/2002 04:02 PM CDT
Hello everyone, when i signed on to play today i noticed that interesting news on a change of magic. Very interesting and i am very exited on what will come of it. But im an empath, what does this mean for me? I dont care about monsters casting magic, i am on a completely different level from all other guilds when it comes to monsters.

We get to repick our spells? Well empath spells arent exactly entertaining to repick...ewh iwh esh ish etc etc. Hurray.

What do we get thats exiting?? i need some inspiration please.

maybe im just not meant for this guild?
Re: Lacking Faith 05/03/2002 05:37 PM CDT

First of all:
We have Nionon's Somewhat Secret Project on the way...

Just being realistic tho'...I wouldn't expect anything before the end of July.

Second of all:
The Magic change has many benefits..as EVERY spell in EVERY guild was looked at. Yes, this includes the Empaths.

I'm hopeful that certain defensive spells we have will now be able to be cast on PC's as well as critters. I'm hopeful that GOL will be fixed. And, I'm hoping that maybe GS will have some outward signs of our friendly fae being with us.

Third of all:
After the substance rewrite hits (Unfortunately pushed back to June/July)...the bandages system will be coming out. A whole new way to gain first aid without sitting there OOCly bleeding painfully for days. No more lost eyes (unless you like that look).

We have lots of good things coming, friend. As with all things in this game tho', you just have to have an abundance of patience.

~player of Syrath
Re: Lacking Faith 05/03/2002 07:18 PM CDT
Agreeing with Syrath here. We've been told by various folks that May is not going to be like October when it comes to the number and the scope of releases (magic rewrite aside).

Nionon only just finished her bachelor's, so I doubt that we will see the SSP or the histories from her this month, or even in the next few months. I think if we were, it'd be close enough for them to tease us a bit with em. I am personally pleased with the change to the guild, because I wasn't really expecting anything guild specific this month at all.

We've been told its coming, but don't worry, you're not the only one who needs a little inspiration to keep playing ;)

Shaunn
Re: Lacking Faith 05/04/2002 03:29 AM CDT
let me just start off by saying i love both of you!!!

I used to play combat based guilds and i couldnt stand the hunting..hunting all alone!!!! hunting with friends just wasnt benefitial enough. So whatever became an empath...now i have a little more social interaction and i love it, but i do miss the exitement of getting a new spell and being so eager to test it out and know my spells very limits. Well listen i dont know about you but when i got external scar healing i wasnt jumping up n down and running out and getting scars. ((im a bad bad empath, but i do love it i swear!))
Re: Lacking Faith 05/07/2002 03:50 PM CDT
I'd have to say also, thanks. I didn't even know I was lacking faith, but here I am, sitting and healing myself. Doing the same day in as I do day out, didn't know how bored I really was getting. But at least now there's stuff to look forward to. I don't know any of the rumours out for the SSP, as I've just come back recently. Does anyone have any updates they could spill? Thanks!

Emp-Fluff ~Curlay!

PS. I've recently learned that there are some people who don't like to look at people with pages of scroll from fluff.. I honestly don't know what makes them tick, then, but should we ever cross paths, might I suggest looking away? ;) Have a great Empath-Fun day everyone!
Re: Lacking Faith 05/07/2002 11:47 PM CDT

I don't have any updates..

I do remember, however, Nionon saying that the SSP will require Empaths to have good amount of lore (READ: Trans) and that you might want to save up some TDP's so that you can plug them into Charisma if need be. Apparently we'll be needing to charm the clothes off of a patient or something. ::winks::
Re: Lacking Faith 05/07/2002 11:49 PM CDT
I told you, its the perfume making creation system.

Shaunn
Re: Lacking Faith 05/10/2002 01:24 AM CDT
I could be, and often am, wrong. But I don't remember anyone saying that trans would be the lore skill needed for the SSP. Just making sure.

Grasi's Player
Re: Lacking Faith 05/10/2002 02:10 AM CDT
I'll just repost Nionon's actual words. Less screw ups on my part that way.

Hey,..and Nionon...you said you'd give more hints! Where, where, where!!

Category Empaths -- Healer's Haven (16)
Topic Guild Guru -- Official Announcements (1)
By DR-NIONON from PLAY.NET (Sore wa ookii himitsu da.)
On Dec 6, 2001 at 02:01
Subject Upcoming Attractions? (110)

<< >>

Hello, folks. :)

You remember that pesky SSP (Somewhat Secret Project -- can't really call it secret if you guys know it's coming, right?) that I've been working on forever and a day? No, I'm not telling you what it is yet, but I am going to give you a series of hints of what you will need to get the ability and to complete the quest to get said ability. It is beginning to get close to completion (still needs QC, though), and I want to make sure that as many of you guys have the opportunity to take it as possible when it comes out. Not that you may be able to finish the quest <insert evil cackling>, but hey, you won't be able to yell, "But Loriene and Nionon didn't give us any idea what we need to get this ability/do this quest!"

Okay, you can still yell it. Just don't expect us to pay much attention when you do so, because I am giving you an idea now. ^_^

What you will need, in no particular order other than what I thought would provide the greatest dramatic effect as you read through:

1) Lore. Lots of it. I won't getting any more specific than that, but once you learn what the ability is, you should be able to guess what skills are utilized. Knowing that the SSP will be an Empath-only ability, you should be able to guess one of those of the required lore skills off the bat. Hint hint.

2) Charisma. Personally, I wouldn't go and dump my TDPs into the statistic immediately just because I've said that it's important. If you want to go on ahead and do that, you won't get hurt in the long run of Empath guild development. I definitely would be holding some TDPs in reserve instead of pouring them into mental statistics or whatever until the ability comes out, because this stat will play a significant role. If you really like it, you can then pump up Charisma cheerfully and get results, and if you don't...well, you can go back to pumping whatever are the 'in' stats to raise that particular week.

Which brings us to...

3) NOT Discipline. Sure, you'll need some ability to concentrate (which does use discipline), but discipline is far from being a primary factor. I saw no sense in giving out what would have been in essence a double bonus to those folks who have ridiculously high discipline by having it used in both the concentration checks and the overall ability checks.

And finally -

4) Some other stuff that won't be named. Have to keep some stuff secret, after all.

For those of you who were wondering if any preliminary events have started already, they have; at least one person commented on them on the events boards. :) Mwahahaha. More should come shortly, probably immediately after examination/term paper madness ends for me here at university. Ah, the joys of the end of the semester!

Good luck training, and keep your eyes open!

Regards,

Nionon

Re: Lacking Faith 05/10/2002 09:49 AM CDT
<<For those of you who were wondering if any preliminary events have started already, they have; at least one person commented on them on the events boards. :) Mwahahaha. >>

Anyone ever figure out what event(s) she may have been discussing?

Thanks for the repost

Paschein
Re: Lacking Faith 05/10/2002 10:43 AM CDT
I seem to recall a minor/small "event" that only a few people noticed which I thought we were guessing was the said event. I don't remember what it was. I could however be thinking of something comepletely different.

The only empath event I recall recently was discussions with K'Xonei, which we certainly discussed on the boards.

Anyone else recall anything else?

Ythik