A perfect example! 04/29/2002 06:32 PM CDT
Well, I just my stint with the empaths guild and I must say, starting out is a lot harder than I thought it would be... However, despite this, I managed to make it to second circle faster than I'd conceived possible for an empath! How?

Rehale!

I've never met anyone so generous with their time, energy, and experience...

Seeing that I'm still first circle (closing in on second with a vengence!), I only know EWH. He very generously, decided to take not only all of the patience internal wounds, scars, and external scars... but also, after I had healed all of my external wounds (taken from the same patient) he also took MY scars upon himself!... Then proceeded to offer me whatever tips each of the patient's might have given him! Even if they gave me one as well...

And yet, after all this, he took my beginning debt upon himself and wiped my slate clean with the Province of Zoluren.

Color me tickled. WOW! Thanks Rehale!

~ Alekrin Sama'stosa
Re: A perfect example! 04/30/2002 09:47 AM CDT
::cheers to Rehale!::

You do your guild proud. I hope I have a chance to meet you some day.

Ryeka
Re: A perfect example! 05/01/2002 07:02 PM CDT
Hmm.. this is gonna sound mean, but it isn't. Bonus points to the very helpfull Rehale...

but

I (personally) disagree with that matter of help.
The young empath lost alot of important lessons because of it. Firstly.. at that age you can niether take nor heal all wounds. Therefore, it's a lesson in caution. Later in life, when you can take and heal them all.. you'll still have that caution. Secondly, by taking the young empaths scars.. you cheat them out of a very important lesson concerning the research and usage of herbs. The third thing I disagree with, though am DISGUSTINGLY guilty of doing so myself, is giving the young money. I give away LOTS of money to the young.. and feel horrible about it minutes later every single time. Something given to you holds less importance than something earned. These days.. it's extremely rare that any young person actually works, researches, and learns on thier own.. which breaks us (the 'old' timers) down into two groups:

1) Those who say "I worked hard, everyone else should have to!"

2) Those who say "I worked hard so that everyone else wouldn't have to!"

Let's face facts.. It's a rarity you ever meet anyone who is a complete "newby" to the game. 95% of all the novices/commoners you meet are either:

1) A new character on someone's account for them to play with (most young fall into this group)

2) An older characters RL friend who they talked into "Checking out this really cool game"

So.. to surmise, everyone has an edge these days, whereas those of us who logged in using our AOL screen names had to muddle through it with the rest of the clueless members of Elanthia. Bah.. maybe I'm just old and cynical about it.. just seems that some lessons are better "learned" than "worked around".

Still.. it's nice to see people helping people.. even if (in my personal opinion) it's doing as much harm as good.

Lord Cayene Li'i
(Still amazed that "Pretending to be a complete newby" is a valid Roleplay)
Re: A perfect example! 05/03/2002 08:35 AM CDT
::chuckles:: I take your point, Kolendat. And I will not give things to youngsters who have proven themselves quite capable of getting their own gear (i.e. You see Joe Newbie. Joe Newbie is wearing some shadowy crested leathers, an elegant spidersilk backpack and so on...)

Player of Ryeka and an empath
Re: A perfect example! 05/03/2002 12:50 PM CDT
Lord Cayene Li'i, I kinda agree with what you are saying. But after talking to a younger empath and if I like them or their style of play, I am quick to hand off runes or herbs and such. I figure for all the fluff and coins my friends and family keep heaping on me I can afford to be a little generous even if I was duped by a crafty long time player. Helping and sharing information with someone that doesn't know make me feel better as a person so I do it.

On the other hand...

If someone asks me for a couple of gold for a new toy and they are wearing a couple of plats in armor and fluff doesn't sit well with me. I know from experience... My new character I rolled up was well taken care of in the equipment department. But to each their own.

Player of one sharp dressed Novice and Jycorro