An advertisement posted in the Crossing healerie. 04/07/2010 10:51 AM CDT
Empaths of River Crossing:

Are thieves profiting off your income?

Do you find yourself strong-armed by Traders?

Is someone threatening your way of life?

A sharp sword wielded by a strong arm stands ready to assist you. Over 40 years experience defending the weak and turning the tables.

Reasonable rates.

Inquire of Mazrian Daemondred by familiar, by gweth, or in person.

- Mazrian

The Flying Company

The Public Stat Data Project
http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AkqoUyrmvlKNdGlpeHZacEdldi1Ob2h3M1I5TXpCZVE&hl=en

Re: An advertisement posted in the Crossing healerie. 04/08/2010 09:27 PM CDT
To Whome It Concerns:

A message has been delivered on behalf of aggrieved parties. Please write if the situation does not improve.

- Mazrian

The Flying Company

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AkqoUyrmvlKNdGlpeHZacEdldi1Ob2h3M1I5TXpCZVE&hl=en

Re: An advertisement posted in the Crossing healerie. 04/08/2010 09:52 PM CDT
LOG

~ Purehand
Re: An advertisement posted in the Crossing healerie. 04/09/2010 10:35 AM CDT
A several-page short essay has been posted below the advertisement and its accompanying letter. The heading reads "Courtesy of B.A, Scribbener. Let me narrate your significant occasions. No story too small. Rates by the word of by the page" The prose is dense, digressing, and occasionally misspelled, but conveys the following impression of events.

You gesture at Tirsten.
The mana you were holding contributes to the spell.
You manage to channel quite a lot of your energy into the spell. The rest is wasted.
Your spell backfires by a large amount.
A tingling sensation spreads through your body.
The sturdy caravan moves north.
Tirsten moves with the sturdy caravan.
You follow the caravan.
[Northern Trade Road, Open Grasslands]
Eroded wagon ruts cause you to notice that this road was once travelled with a greater frequency than it is now. While safe from becoming overgrown by the dying grasses of the plains, this part of the trail is crumbling from disuse and the encroaching dust. You also see a sturdy caravan with some stuff on it.
Also here: King of the Road Tirsten.
Obvious paths: north, south.
Mazrian moves with the sturdy caravan.
You notice as a black panther slinks into the area.
The black panther begins to watch the goings on carefully. (Netherlich's panther - separate incident)
J>
You gesture at Tirsten.
You send a soft jolt of electricity from your fingertips toward Tirsten.
Tirsten manages to resist your spell.
You follow the caravan.
[Northern Trade Road, Open Grasslands]
The winds veer around you, catching the grasses and your clothing in their grip and tugging like beggars vying for attention. Flowers, closed for the evening, bob along in time with the lonely music the breezes create with the plains. You can hear the babble of rushing water coming from the north. You also see a sturdy caravan with some stuff on it.
You follow the caravan.
[Northern Trade Road, River's Bank]
A narrow river rushes past you on its way southwest, its turbulent grey waters creating a deafening roar. To the north the land changes dramatically from plains to the darker, more verdant green of meadows. To the south stretches a narrow strip of grassland. A sturdy wood and stone bridge spans the river, allowing safe passage. You also see a sturdy caravan with some stuff on it and a roadsign.
Obvious paths: east, south.
Tirsten puts his lockpicks in his nightsilk haversack.
J>
Tirsten gets some oversized lockpicks from inside his nightsilk haversack.
J>
Tirsten tosses six of his oversized lockpicks into the air and starts to juggle them. He starts with a simple, smooth crossover pattern, and gets it going with a good rhythm. Then he picks up one foot and starts hopping on the other, rotating slowly around in a circle as he keeps the lockpicks going, his head bobbing up and down as he works to adjust his catching and tossing for the vertical hops.
J>
The sturdy caravan went across a wood and stone bridge in a determined manner.
You follow the caravan.
[Northern Trade Road, On the Bridge]
The deafening roar of the Journalai River below you drowns out all other sound as you make your way across the bridge. Droplets of water hit your face, and every now and then the flash of silver scales in the water catches your eye. You also see a sturdy caravan with some stuff on it.
You gesture at Tirsten.
You send a soft jolt of electricity from your fingertips toward Tirsten.
Tirsten grimaces as he drops some oversized lockpicks from his fingers!
You follow the caravan.
[Northern Trade Road, Meadowlands]
The grass is a thick, dark green carpet that spreads over the land in rolling abundance. A few holes, large enough to admit a small animal, mar the landscape, creating openings that lead down into the dark home of burrowing creatures. A river runs to the south, over which spans a sturdy wood and stone bridge. You also see a sturdy caravan with some stuff on it.
Obvious paths: north.
go br
[Northern Trade Road, On the Bridge]
The deafening roar of the Journalai River below you drowns out all other sound as you make your way across the bridge. Droplets of water hit your face, and every now and then the flash of silver scales in the water catches your eye. You also see a tan dog, a black panther and some oversized lockpicks.
Made of solid steel, these weighty lockpicks are comically large, looking more like miniature batons than tools.
You pick up some oversized lockpicks.
You are certain that the oversized lockpicks weighs exactly 50 stones.
You are certain that the oversized lockpicks are worth exactly 3125 kronars.
Roundtime: 5 seconds.
(I go catch up with him.)
You sneak southeast...
[Northern Trade Road, Wooded Valley]
Tall trees grow close along both sides of the road. Small animals skitter among the branches overhead and dart among low-growing shrubs that eke out an existence in the deep shade of the forest. Something taller than you has clawed the bark off a tree trunk several feet overhead and you wonder just where the beast that wore such claws is currently. You also see a tan dog.
Obvious paths: southwest, northwest.
Tirsten gets a stout goldenrod lockpick from inside his leather boots.
You slowly work your way toward Tirsten to follow him silently.
Tirsten puts his lockpick in his leather boots.
You move into position to stalk Tirsten when he moves.
You are convinced that your stalking went unobserved.
King of the Road Tirsten just went southwest.
(He does some running around)
You see King of the Road Tirsten Evanwood, Chief Executive Officer of Elanthia, an Elf.
Tirsten has pointed ears and brown eyes. His platinum-streaked golden brown hair is short and straight, and is worn arranged in tight dreadlocks. He has dark skin.
He is mature for an Elf.
He has some light stubble on his face.
He is in good shape.
He is wearing a small black feedbag modified for use in growing grass, an ash-handled broom with a black enamel finish, an engraved brass medallion, a dull grey cloak of pure spidersilk that is embroidered with tiny spiders in black thread and is edged in heavy silver braid, a platinum diadem wrapped in nightsilk and set with black diamonds, an exquisite nightsilk haversack, an unobtrusive sable knapsack strung with nightsilk cording, a short-sleeved nightsilk shirt embroidered with a joker soaking in a large glass of gin, an albredine crystal ring, a silver-inlaid cambrinth ring, a hand-tooled leather trader's contract case with hand-cut precious gemstones set in gold and silver settings, an origami-paper envelope, some baggy spidersilk trousers dyed a faint mist-grey hue, a pair of brushed black leather boots with small amber buttons and a gold ring.
King of the Road Tirsten just went northwest.
[Northern Trade Road, Deep Forest]
The trees grow close together, as if in fear of something. The trail is free of debris and a tree, fallen across the road, has been carved through that the trail might continue despite the obstruction. You also see a sturdy caravan with some stuff on it.
Obvious paths: southeast, northwest.
HJ>
Tirsten searches around for a moment.
Tirsten says, "So what's up."
You notice Tirsten slip into a hiding place.
Tirsten comes out of hiding.
Tirsten taps his foot impatiently.
Tirsten has spotted you!
From your hiding place you say, "You should know, I have been engaged to make your life as difficult as you make it for certain other parties."
You come out of hiding.
Tirsten says, "Have you now."
You say, "Leave people alone as they move through the appraiser's room, and in general."
Tirsten asks, "So what is your purpose?"
(I swear I just explained that)
Tirsten asks, "Well, i assume you have my lockpicks then?"
You say, "Indeed."
(Long, awkward pause. I wait)
Tirsten says, "Then hand them over, let me know who, or what group hired you, and you can consider your task completed secussfully."
You say, "I think not, and I think not. This small annoyance is a reminder that actions have consequences."
Tirsten asks, "So you use magic to steal things from people?"
You say, "I'll check back now and again, to make sure everyone is satisfied with this intervention."
You say, "I used your not paying attention to steal from you. Maybe that should be a lesson as well."
J>
Tirsten says, "Considering how you came about thoes lockpicks, i'll give you one last chance to hand them over."
You arch your eyebrow.
Tirsten says, "I watched you do that, i was completly paying attention."
You ask, "Or...what?"
Tirsten says, "As you see, as i left the time that i couldnt do anything, i stopped, backtracked and tried to get them back."
Tirsten says, "Maybe you should pay more attention."
You say, "Don't let me detain you. Your pack animals look hungry."
(Long pause)
Tirsten shakes his head.
Tirsten asks, "What concern do you have with my animals?"
Tirsten says, "Seriously dude, i dragged someone out of the gem shop, as per our guild contract."
You say, "In point of fact, none. I merely do not wish to keep you from whatever urgent business you might have now that my message has been delivered."
Tirsten says, "My business is the possession you thieved from me."
You say, "It would be more accurate to say you thieved them from yourself, in a grand cosmically-consequential sense."
You say, "But nonetheless."
You say, "If you wish the return of your property, it can be had for a small fee."
You say, "Consider it a fine."
You say, "Of five hundred platinum kronars, payable now."
Tirsten says, "You can hand it over, considering the manner of which you stole it, i shall conjour someone you do not wish to talk to about the subject."
You say, "Oh, do conjur away. I do enjoy talking to new people."
You say, "Now, please, do not let me detain you from your important delivery."
(Long pause. I assume he is deciding what to do)
Dreamer Novise just arrived.
J>
Novise bows to you. (I don't know who you are, but thanks and hi to you too)
Tirsten whispers, "seriously, cause i hate to assist, i'm giving you one last time before i assist about your mechanics abuse to steal items, hand over the lockpicks, and you delivered your message"
You whisper to Tirsten, "OOC: Dude, it's not mech abuse. It's your dumbass fault that you weren't paying attention and didn't stop. Do assist if you feel you must."
Tirsten whispers, "i was in RT"
You whisper to Tirsten, "OOC: Hit escape, then. Not a big deal unless you're being lazy."
Tirsten whispers, "14 seconds, plus 10 seconds stacked"
You whisper to Tirsten, "OOC: And frankly, not my issue."
You say, "Good luck in your future endevours. I'll keep the item for three days if you decide you want to purchase it back."
Tirsten whispers, "it is until i get my lockpicks back, escape doesnt with in my sit, we dont all use SF or whatever"
J> se

- Mazrian

The Flying Company

Re: An advertisement posted in the Crossing healerie. 04/09/2010 12:19 PM CDT
lol, good log. So you backfire, then he resists and you finally get a cast off and he claims he was paying attention?....right.
Re: An advertisement posted in the Crossing healerie. 04/09/2010 12:56 PM CDT
There is no such thing as AFK scripting, just various degrees of people ignoring you.

We have enough youth. What we need is a fountain of smart.
Re: An advertisement posted in the Crossing healerie. 04/09/2010 01:24 PM CDT
I like.

~ Purehand
Re: An advertisement posted in the Crossing healerie. 04/09/2010 03:33 PM CDT
Enjoyable log.

Player of Drevid

http://www.phiiskeep.homestead.com/Barbarian.html

Cylons... why debugging matters.
Re: An advertisement posted in the Crossing healerie. 04/10/2010 12:17 AM CDT
>There is no such thing as AFK scripting, just various degrees of people not paying attention to their screen and relying on sound alerts.

>describe boar
It's a boar. It doesn't like you.
Re: An advertisement posted in the Crossing healerie. 04/14/2010 03:22 PM CDT
Posted in the Crossing Healerie and other notable places:

Let it be known that Mazrian Daemondres is honoring his contract with certain Empaths of River Crossing. Tirsten was killed on the 280th day of 397 for breaking the peace and harassing Empaths in the back room of Grisgonda's gem shop. He has been warned to cease and desist this activity.

- Mazrian

The Flying Company