Elanthipedia Empath Title Drive 04/07/2010 03:29 PM CDT
I just wanted to bring everyone's attention to a new Elanthipedia project. The goal is to list all known Empath titles in ascending order of the highest ranks required.

So far, I've added the information from Play.net and the title calculator. Feel free to contribute! See the article for instructions.

Empath Titles by Rank
http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Empath_Titles_by_Rank

Teilan: PHA = Healer Union. They charge for healing based on your injuries. We will now pause while everyone gives their opinion on this.
Re: Elanthipedia Empath Title Drive 04/07/2010 09:32 PM CDT
Dang, there's some ones on there I have never heard of.

~ Purehand
Re: Elanthipedia Empath Title Drive 04/08/2010 02:08 PM CDT
>>Dang, there's some ones on there I have never heard of.<<

Still not Empath Emeritus?

{cackles and runs}

Kaeta

>>Actually an opinion cannot be changed or corrected. Nice try back of line.-VERATHOR

>>But it can be wrong.-Starlear
Re: Elanthipedia Empath Title Drive 04/08/2010 03:24 PM CDT
I would have to heal a lot more to get that title. Oh the irony.

~ Purehand
Re: Elanthipedia Empath Title Drive 05/08/2010 01:39 AM CDT
Paladins have a title based on their soul state Heretic.. what about a shock related title? Maybe after some coffee I'll actually have an idea or two for one.

Your empathic abilities have disappeared, seemingly forever. All your special senses have been cut off, leaving a great void separating you from the vibrant life forces that once surrounded you like a warm lover's arms.
Re: Elanthipedia Empath Title Drive 05/08/2010 01:40 AM CDT
Actually we have like 9000 titles based off of soulstate.

- Phalanx Korsik Rippentropp, Vindicator of M'riss

Baum says to Lillietta, "Problem is that Korsik is a very big boy."
Lillietta says, "He is mentally unstable."
Re: Elanthipedia Empath Title Drive 05/08/2010 01:57 AM CDT
Well I don't want to sound greedy so I'll be happy with 4000 titles based off shock.

Your empathic abilities have disappeared, seemingly forever. All your special senses have been cut off, leaving a great void separating you from the vibrant life forces that once surrounded you like a warm lover's arms.
Re: Elanthipedia Empath Title Drive 05/08/2010 02:03 AM CDT
Oh okay, cool.

- Phalanx Korsik Rippentropp, Vindicator of M'riss

Baum says to Lillietta, "Problem is that Korsik is a very big boy."
Lillietta says, "He is mentally unstable."
Re: Elanthipedia Empath Title Drive 05/08/2010 07:47 AM CDT
>what about a shock related title?

I'm left wondering why other than as a flag to our insanity. The state of active shock, or length, or number of times, is not something an Empath should or would aspire to or be proud of. As a player, maybe.

Asbhuan
Re: Elanthipedia Empath Title Drive 05/08/2010 10:51 AM CDT
>>I'm left wondering why other than as a flag to our insanity. The state of active shock, or length, or number of times, is not something an Empath should or would aspire to or be proud of. As a player, maybe.

You could say the same thing about Paladins really and they have titles for black souls
Re: Elanthipedia Empath Title Drive 05/08/2010 01:15 PM CDT
Bereft?

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Elanthipedia Empath Title Drive 05/08/2010 04:31 PM CDT
Not all titles are something to be proud of or aspire to for all people, but someone did mention same could be said of paladins. They are, however, a means for RP at times. Someone could also decide to RP as evil or that they've lost their way.. Since I've incurred my recent empathic shock I've been wearing Prydaen racial titles. Currently I display Radehige Kodavu meaning Swift Claw. I've had a few people ask what it meant and had some nice conversations. Titles are at times a good means of generating RP. The player interaction is what brought me back to Dragon Realms once again. I've been playing WoW for awhile and I just grew so tired of the lack of creativity and intelligence of so many of the people. I came back here because for the most part.. DR people are more creative and witty with their comment and jokes.
Here is another I found that I personally feel would be silly if not crazy to strive for. Arcane Sedentary - At least 500 ranks in Primary Magic, Less than or equal to 250 ranks in Targeted Magic.

Grixlek says, "Courage is dangerous, it leads to attempts at heroics..."
Vegas asks, "What like dating?"
Grixlek says, "Nothing that dangerous I believe, but still crazy stuff."
Re: Elanthipedia Empath Title Drive 05/08/2010 04:53 PM CDT
>>Currently I display Radehige Kodavu meaning Swift Claw. I've had a few people ask what it meant and had some nice conversations. Titles are at times a good means of generating RP.

I can see some titles going with some characters, but this actually breaks the roleplay environment for me. How am I to know that this person who I have never met before is referred to as so and so in a language I do not speak? The OOC text floating in front of your name told me so, that's why.

Right now the Moon Mage place on the "combat pet totem pole" is the part that's sunk into the earth to lower the pole's center of gravity.
-Armifer de Dragonrealms
Re: Elanthipedia Empath Title Drive 05/08/2010 06:13 PM CDT
>The OOC text floating in front of your name told me so, that's why.

Don't sabotage your own suspension of disbelief. If you can let yourself be undisturbed by a name, you shouldn't be troubled by the name having some adjectives.

It's like complaining about the immersion-disrupting actions of players who do things like pretend not to know someone's name or other violations of the story-space's apparent properties.

"Magic has rules and so does posting on these forums." -Annwyl
Re: Elanthipedia Empath Title Drive 05/08/2010 07:16 PM CDT
I can understand your way of seeing it titles and name-wise. I wish IRL I could walk into a room and know someone's name (I'm terrible with names). I do like titles though and I think they bring an interesting aspect to the game and can bring about some entertaining conversations.

Re: Elanthipedia Empath Title Drive 05/09/2010 11:58 AM CDT
In regards to the RP "friendlyness" of names and titles, I'm surprised there isn't a merchant that sells name tags.

Then again, all we need is more fluff out there. :D
Re: Elanthipedia Empath Title Drive 05/09/2010 12:19 PM CDT
>>Currently I display Radehige Kodavu meaning Swift Claw. I've had a few people ask what it meant and had some nice conversations. Titles are at times a good means of generating RP.

>I can see some titles going with some characters, but this actually breaks the roleplay environment for me. How am I to know that this person who I have never met before is referred to as so and so in a language I do not speak? The OOC text floating in front of your name told me so, that's why.

Yeah, Rakash racial stuff is just full of fail, that's all I can really say. I hate everything about it.

>describe boar
It's a boar. It doesn't like you.
Re: Elanthipedia Empath Title Drive 05/09/2010 01:00 PM CDT
Good thing mine is Prydaen!

Re: Elanthipedia Empath Title Drive ::NUDGE:: 05/09/2010 01:25 PM CDT
Before things gets further out of control, kindly back on topic please.

As always if you have any questions or comments, please contact me at MOD-Helje@play.net or Message Board Supervisor Annwyl at DR-Annwyl@play.net

Helje
DragonRealms Board Monitor
Re: Elanthipedia Empath Title Drive 05/09/2010 01:39 PM CDT
I've always viewed titles as sort of being a character's 'reputation', for lack of a better word. If the character is using a title that is in a racial language, I would just figure it as racial pride and leave it at that.

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Elanthipedia Empath Title Drive 05/10/2010 08:21 AM CDT
>>I've always viewed titles as sort of being a character's 'reputation', for lack of a better word.

That's what I figure, too. "Lionheart" so and so or "Battle Empath" so and so or "Shield Maiden" so and so makes sense, because it's like knowing a bit of the character's reputation. Changing it to Gamgweth or Rakash or whatever defeats the purpose, because I don't know what those titles mean OOCly.

Right now the Moon Mage place on the "combat pet totem pole" is the part that's sunk into the earth to lower the pole's center of gravity.
-Armifer de Dragonrealms
Re: Elanthipedia Empath Title Drive 05/10/2010 07:25 PM CDT
>>That's what I figure, too. "Lionheart" so and so or "Battle Empath" so and so or "Shield Maiden" so and so makes sense, because it's like knowing a bit of the character's reputation. Changing it to Gamgweth or Rakash or whatever defeats the purpose, because I don't know what those titles mean OOCly.

For a system that functions OOCly most of the time, this is a serious issue. Great, you're a Shadow Fang in Prydaen. I don't know Prydaen, and my character(s), except for the Prydaen, don't either. They'd think of you as Shadow Fang. I should read it as Shadow Fang.

This goes for pretty much everything. I realize a lot of people feel like so much effort was put into creating these languages that somebody should use them. Fabulous. You use them. Don't force them on me.
Re: Elanthipedia Empath Title Drive 05/10/2010 11:28 PM CDT
>For a system that functions OOCly most of the time, this is a serious issue. Great, you're a Shadow Fang in Prydaen. I don't know Prydaen, and my character(s), except for the Prydaen, don't either. They'd think of you as Shadow Fang. I should read it as Shadow Fang.

It's even better than that, because the requirements were never released. So not only do people not know what the title means, the people that use the titles don't even necessarily know what skills earned them the title.

>describe boar
It's a boar. It doesn't like you.