Title Suggestion 11/04/2005 10:28 AM CST
Just one suggestion at the moment, though I'm not sure which way I like it better:

Martial Empath
Martial Healer
Martial (something else that clearly identifies one as an empath and doesn't sound ridiculous)

In any case, it should have pretty stiff combat requirements, including a respectable brawling requirement. Obviously Empathy would be involved as well, though it shouldn't be astronomically higher than the defensive requirements like it is for Kaith Partani (that kinda bugs me about that title...either the combat requirements should be higher or the Empathy requirement lower).

Thanks,
-Master Healer Karthor
Re: Empath Combat Title Suggestions 10/23/2009 06:32 PM CDT
Deconstructor
Re: Empath Combat Title Suggestions 10/23/2009 06:50 PM CDT
Doctor Doom! ;)

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Empath Combat Title Suggestions 10/23/2009 07:00 PM CDT
Wrecker
Destroyer

-- Player of Szrael --
Re: Empath Combat Title Suggestions 10/29/2009 01:57 AM CDT
Dollslayer, something with alot of edged ranks now that we can kill doll butt!
Re: Empath Combat Title Suggestions 10/29/2009 01:59 AM CDT
Construct Killer?
Re: Empath Combat Title Suggestions 10/29/2009 02:10 AM CDT
Sorrowing Blade/Hammer/Fist/Pike/Shot?
For a less construct-y offense title.
Re: Empath Combat Title Suggestions 10/29/2009 01:45 PM CDT
<Wrecker
Destroyer>

Those are already covered. I forget exactly where Destroyer is, thinks it's Barb. Wrecker is the high disc title for Bear Dance.
Re: Empath Combat Title Suggestions 10/29/2009 06:53 PM CDT
Many titles are present for more than one guild, or can be reached through more than one pathway.

I see no reason not to use titles just because another guild already has the titles. The requirements would be different, of course.

-- Player of Szrael --
Re: Empath Combat Title Suggestions 10/30/2009 12:20 PM CDT
I always thought they tried to avoid duplicate titles. Learn something new every day.
Re: Empath Combat Title Suggestions 10/30/2009 09:09 PM CDT
I love our title list. The lore list is a little anemic though.

Demolition expert - Empath (due to construct bashing) or lore title - expert level mech lore (300)
Handyman - 50 mech
Mason - some random mech requirement, I dunno 250? Strength requirement too probably. 30 at least.
Carpenter - some random mech requirement, I dunno, 150?
Architect - 400 scholarship, 400 mech
Master Craftstman - 800 mech
Brewer - 150 foraging, 150 mech, 150 scholarship
Brew Master - 300 foraging, 300 mech, 300 scholarship
Lobbyist - 50 charisma, must be a registered lobbyist in good standing with the Secretary of the Senate and Clerk of the House of Representatives. Okay, just 50 charisma (and maybe an outstanding warrant).

I should probably find the appropriate folder for lore titles, but I have it ignored and I'm lazy.

~ Purehand

After a long deliberation, the judge finally says, "Purehand, this court finds you innocent of the charges brought upon you."
Empath Guild Title Suggestions Needed 07/14/2010 10:53 PM CDT
The Empath team is currently taking suggestions for a new round of Empath titles. We are especially interested in titles that do not have an Empathy requirement, or at least require substantially more than just Empathy + some token amount of another skill. Please post your title suggestions!

Empathy type titles are welcome, too, but again, we're particularly interested in titles that do not require it, or do not require only token skills in addition to it.

Almost all of the Empath guild titles have an Empathy requirement, so I thought it might be interesting to see what ideas people have as far as more diverse Empath titles are concerned.

Melete
Full fathom five thy father lies;
Of his bones are coral made;
Those are pearls that were his eyes:
Nothing of him that doth fade
But doth suffer a sea-change
Into something rich and strange.
Re: Empath Guild Title Suggestions Needed 07/14/2010 11:40 PM CDT
Avenger Whisperer
Stump Remover
Mana Consumer
Retreat Master
Heap Sprawler

Hope those still sound good when I've sobered up!

- Illcram The Evil Empath

Please rephrase that command.
Re: Empath Guild Title Suggestions Needed 07/15/2010 02:07 AM CDT
I'd particularly like to see more combat titles for Empaths. Our current combat titles have decidedly unimpressive combat requirements (especially when compared to the empathy requirements for those titles).

I don't mind if some titles are restricted to certain races, but I would prefer not to have any more titles that are not in Common for the reasons expressed by Diminishedangel and Futility in May.

Lastly, the Empath team has been very good about posting Empath title requirements, and I hope that this trend continues when additional titles are released.

COMBAT TITLES

Amputator (edged weapon)
Blunt Traumatizer (blunt weapon)
Death Defier (defenses and first aid)
Hodierna's Bulwark (shield and plate armor)
Hodierna's Hoof (blunt weapon)
Hodierna's Horn (polearm)
Lifeblade (edged weapon)

OTHER TITLES

Alchemist (alchemy)
Fountain of Youth (able to shift years)
Herbalist (whatever foraging becomes)
Merchant Empath (appraisal)
Quack (stealing)
Sawbones (first aid and engineering)
Teaching Physician (teaching)
Traveling Doctor (climbing and swimming)
Witch Doctor (alchemy and magic)

I'm still thinking about potential titles for bows/crossbows and stealth.

Teilan: PHA = Healer Union. They charge for healing based on your injuries. We will now pause while everyone gives their opinion on this.
Re: Empath Guild Title Suggestions Needed 07/15/2010 09:38 AM CDT
Just as a note, it would be really nice to have the new titles more evenly spread across the skill ranges. There is an avalanche of them early on then it slows, and finally you're wading through a year of training before you get your next one.

We had an awesome round of titles last time, but I was definitely thinking "that's a really sweet title for 200 ranks" on a few of them.

~ Purehand

>collect coin
You manage to collect a pile of coin.
Roundtime: 30 sec.

... Jackpot.
Re: Empath Guild Title Suggestions Needed 07/15/2010 10:39 AM CDT
I know I've read in the past that posting exact ranks for title suggestions is generally encouraged.

As always if you have any questions or comments, please contact me at MOD-Helje@play.net or Message Board Supervisor Annwyl at DR-Annwyl@play.net

Helje
DragonRealms Board Monitor
Re: Empath Guild Title Suggestions Needed 07/15/2010 11:28 AM CDT
One that I've been thinking about for a while (oh, since the new titles came out -- clearly I never post) is "barber surgeon," the historical name of the early barbers who also did most of the surgery in Medieval Europe. I've always thought it would be a sly nod to both the healing and shifting aspects of the empath guild.

Instead of hard empathy requirements, like the other shifting related titles, perhaps require only that the empath have completed the shift quest and have a hard first aid requirement. (Maybe 300 ranks? I seem to remember that there is a little bit of a gulf between first aid titles in the survival category between 200 and 400. )
Re: Empath Guild Title Suggestions Needed 07/15/2010 12:34 PM CDT
Euthanizer (highest weapon + Nissa's Binding)

>>MOD-HELJE: I know I've read in the past that posting exact ranks for title suggestions is generally encouraged.

I'm reluctant to post exact rank requirements, partly because it remains to be seen how our current skills will be combined.

Teilan: PHA = Healer Union. They charge for healing based on your injuries. We will now pause while everyone gives their opinion on this.
Re: Empath Guild Title Suggestions Needed 07/15/2010 10:28 PM CDT
Shock
- Fallen Empath
- Withdrawn

Lore
-Diagnostician – 500 appraisal

Stealth/Stealing
-Herb Nicker - 60 stealing
-Shadowmender – I was hoping for higher reqs for shadow’s touch. So just make one of them higher than the other. Or lower.

Manipulation/concentration based titles
-Will Breaker – 200 concentration
-Mindbender – 300 concentration

Combat
- War Consultant – 200 in highest defense
- Triage Commander – 600 in highest defense
- Deconstructor – 200 in main weapon
- Euthanizer – 400 in main weapon

Shifting
- Life Sculptor - Must have capped all physical shifts (not including year shift)

Stat Based
- Callous – 60 stamina

Empathy
- Bitter Old – 910 empathy
- Life Seeker - 300 Empathy, 300 Power Perc

~ Purehand

>collect coin

... Jackpot.
Re: Empath Guild Title Suggestions Needed 07/16/2010 04:10 AM CDT
Nice list Purehand

Nikpack

The gods are jerks. No, really.-Armifer

I don't think we ever take the training wheels off as players or gamemasters.-Inauri
Re: Empath Guild Title Suggestions Needed 07/16/2010 10:35 AM CDT
Tainted Touch: knowledge of all poison techniques

>>Fallen Empath

I'd like to see some shock titles, but personally, I would avoid using the adjective "fallen." The word "fallen" denotes a serious moral transgression, whereas shock is merely an automatic psycho-physical reaction that has no direct moral component.

Re: Empath Guild Title Suggestions Needed 07/16/2010 01:19 PM CDT
What about the empaths that have shock because of a serious moral transgression? Shouldn't they have a title?

~ Purehand

>collect coin

... Jackpot.
Re: Empath Guild Title Suggestions Needed 07/16/2010 07:34 PM CDT
i like that idea a lot, the requirement might need to be killing some one, not just a creature maybe??
Re: Empath Guild Title Suggestions Needed 07/16/2010 07:50 PM CDT
What do I win?

Grixlek says, "Courage is dangerous, it leads to attempts at heroics..."
Vegas asks, "What like dating?"
Grixlek says, "Nothing that dangerous I believe, but still crazy stuff."
Re: Empath Guild Title Suggestions Needed 07/19/2010 07:43 PM CDT
<<Nice list Purehand>>

Agreed.

Solomon

Be our Facebook Pal!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/DragonRealms/60215414412
Re: Empath Guild Title Suggestions Needed 07/19/2010 08:22 PM CDT
Here's a few, most of which are repeats of old suggestions for ease of reference.

Life's Watchman - general defense and maybe some perception
Living Fortress - Heavier armor skills
Bastion of Life - Heavier armor skills
Life's Stronghold - Heavier armor skills
Mobile Medic - Climbing & swimming, or the skill comprised thereof
Knowledge Receptacle - Link
Inexhaustible Fountain of Ever-Flowing Blood - Blood Staunching, and because the title system can
Incorruptible - All Body Purification spells

If I think of any more, I'll add.

Thanks,
-Death's Nemesis Karthor
Re: Empath Guild Title Suggestions Needed 07/27/2010 03:07 AM CDT
Empathic Knight

High armor and edged weapons along with empathy
Re: Empath Guild Title Suggestions Needed 07/27/2010 12:58 PM CDT
>Empathic Knight

To be honest, it reminds me of arcane sniper and sounds kind of silly.

>describe boar
It's a boar. It doesn't like you.
Re: Empath Guild Title Suggestions Needed 07/27/2010 06:59 PM CDT
Not sure where you circle can be tracked, but how about guildhall-releated titles depending on how familiar the GL are with you?

For example in Shard with K'miriel:
1st time leveling with her - Shard Healers Apprentice
5th time - Shard Empath-in-Training
10th time - Shard Healer
20th time - K'miriel's Apprentice
40th time - K'miriel's Attendent
80th time - K'miriel's Assistant

And, if there is every a re-working of the renown scrolls, maybe incentive to be on them with some titles. So, if you are on an Alchemy Guild Scroll, it could open up things like:
Alris's Pet
Alris's Student
Alris's Disciple

Finally, maybe just some generic ones for each of the locations on the PROFILE list, maybe tied into requirements for exisiting titles so when the Empath title opens up (at 30?), you also get:
Empath of Ain Ghazal
Empath of Chyolvea Tayeu'a
Empath of El'Bain's
etc.

I know you can use your affiliation title with citizenship to get similar (ie. Empath of Ilithi), but then you can't use any militia affiliations, House affiliations, order...well, you get the idea.

Kythryn
Re: Empath Guild Title Suggestions Needed 08/02/2010 05:12 PM CDT
Looking at the suggestions so far (and combining a few of the more general ideas), there seems to be about 50 title suggestions. So, keep the ideas coming!

Also, I realize I was a little harsh with my words about posting exact requirements. If you feel uncomfortable posting them, that's fine, but any requirement information you can give for your title suggestions is encouraged.

As always if you have any questions or comments, please contact me at MOD-Helje@play.net or Message Board Supervisor Annwyl at DR-Annwyl@play.net

Helje
DragonRealms Board Monitor
Re: Empath Guild Title Suggestions Needed 08/04/2010 11:27 PM CDT
Veterinarian
Requirements:
* 100 ranks in Animal Lore
* 250 ranks in First Aid
* 30 Charisma

Anthropologist / Primatologist
Requirements:
* 350 ranks in Scholarship
* 200 ranks in Perception
* 100 ranks in Foraging
* Must have read every anatomy chart

Sefer Yetzirah
Requirements:
* 500 ranks in Mechanical Lore
* 350 ranks in Arcana
* 40 Charisma
Re: Empath Guild Title Suggestions Needed 08/04/2010 11:35 PM CDT
>>KHACHATURIAN: Sefer Yetzirah

I like your veterinarian idea -- even though we can't heal critters -- but I would avoid making references to real-world religions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sefer_Yetzirah

Re: Empath Guild Title Suggestions Needed 04/27/2015 05:07 PM CDT
<<The Empath team is currently taking suggestions for a new round of Empath titles. We are especially interested in titles that do not have an Empathy requirement, or at least require substantially more than just Empathy + some token amount of another skill. Please post your title suggestions!>>

Yup, I'm responding to a post from five years ago :P

I have a feeling I know the answer, but what ever happened to this batch of titles that was being cooked up?

Thanks,
-Life Sustainer Karthor
Re: Empath Guild Title Suggestions Needed 04/27/2015 05:40 PM CDT
This is still a thing I want to do. It just keeps getting shoved down the to do list and my free time has drastically decreased in the last year or so, which hasn't helped matters at all!

Melete
Nature, it seems, is the popular name
for milliards and milliards and milliards
of particles playing their infinite game
of billiards and billiards and billiards.
Re: Empath Guild Title Suggestions Needed 04/27/2015 06:17 PM CDT
I had a feeling something like that would be the case. Bigger fish to fry and whatnot. Oh well, I'm sure it'll happen eventually.

Thanks,
-Life Sustainer Karthor