Bug or ? 05/09/2014 12:48 AM CDT
Okay, so I have had all my macros set up so I can type in H and instead of half and it'll take half of a wound. However, it seems this no longer works. Is this intended?

take someone wound h quick -- This no longer works.

I've also noticed that an external wound level of "cuts and bruises" or greater on the head prevented using cambrinth ie there were no visible scars and there was no bleeding. This isn't how it used to be, is this intended?

Player of: Lyathe and Saslisena
Re: Bug or ? 05/09/2014 04:31 AM CDT
>>take someone wound h quick -- This no longer works.

The way the new take works is that it checks head, then hand, then half. I have rearranged these so that it now checks half, then hand, then head. So it should work again the way you expect it to. But I imagine there might be people out there used to using h for head who might now be having problems. We'll see how it goes, I guess! But for now, it should be working again.

>>I've also noticed that an external wound level of "cuts and bruises" or greater on the head prevented using cambrinth ie there were no visible scars and there was no bleeding. This isn't how it used to be, is this intended?

This is more of a magic system thing than an Empath thing, since I'm not on the magic team I don't have much to do with it! But I did check this and I was able to use cambrinth with a head bleeder. Is there possibly some other wound causing the problem? If it happens again, if you could include the exact message you get when it doesn't work, I will be happy to bring the issue to the attention of someone on the magic team. Since I'm not on the team I can't say what the outcome would be, but I'm happy to put on my advocate hat and advocate. :]

Melete
Nature, it seems, is the popular name
for milliards and milliards and milliards
of particles playing their infinite game
of billiards and billiards and billiards.
Re: Bug or ? 05/09/2014 08:27 AM CDT
Seems like this might be ripe fields for a feat.

Weapons for Sale:
http://www.elanthipedia.org/wiki/User:Caraamon#Wares
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Re: Bug or ? 05/09/2014 09:16 AM CDT
>>Seems like this might be ripe fields for a feat.

Honestly it sounds like an archaic "well head wounds gotta be hindering right" thing from DR 1.0 and a GM just never got around to fixing it.

I know that stealth works the same way. Get cuts and bruises on your head and suddenly you can't sneak around, you fall out of hiding, etc.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Bug or ? 05/09/2014 09:34 AM CDT
Well, I more meant "if they won't fix it directly, sounds like something that could be added to a feat."

Weapons for Sale:
http://www.elanthipedia.org/wiki/User:Caraamon#Wares
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Re: Bug or ? 05/09/2014 11:42 AM CDT
>I've also noticed that an external wound level of "cuts and bruises" or greater on the head prevented using cambrinth ie there were no visible scars and there was no bleeding. This isn't how it used to be, is this intended?

Odd. I transferred a significant head wound in Plat a couple days ago and had no problem casting spells with or without cambrinth.

Asbhuan
Re: Bug or ? 05/16/2014 01:20 AM CDT
Unfortunately I didn't get a shot of those wounds last time, but I tried again this week, but it was different:

Your body feels somewhat battered.
Your spirit feels full of life.
You are slightly fatigued.
You have a deeply bruised head compounded by cuts and bruises about the head, an occasional twitch on the forehead, an occasional twitching in the right arm, a severely swollen and deeply bruised left arm compounded by deep cuts across the left arm, a partially paralyzed left arm, a severely swollen and deeply bruised left leg compounded by cuts and bruises about the left leg, severe scarring and chunks of flesh missing from the left leg, severely swollen and bruised chest area compounded by deep cuts across the chest area, severe scarring and chunks of flesh missing from the chest area, some tiny scars across the back.

Bleeding
Area Rate

head (tended)
left arm (tended)
left leg (tended)
chest (tended)
inside head slight
inside l. arm slight
inside l. leg slight
inside chest light

>charge my armb 14
You are in no condition to do that.

You have a bruised head compounded by cuts and bruises about the head, an occasional twitch on the forehead, an occasional twitching in the right arm, a severely swollen and deeply bruised left arm compounded by deep cuts across the left arm, a partially paralyzed left arm, minor swelling and bruising around the left leg compounded by cuts and bruises about the left leg, a partially paralyzed left leg, minor swelling and bruising in the chest area compounded by cuts and bruises about the chest area, severe scarring and chunks of flesh missing from the chest area, a few nearly invisible scars along the back.

Bleeding
Area Rate

head (tended)
left arm (tended)
left leg (tended)
chest (tended)
inside l. arm slight

>charge my armb 14
>
You are in no condition to do that.

Healed the occasional twitch on the head to reveal.

>he
Your body feels somewhat battered.
Your spirit feels full of life.
You have a bruised head compounded by cuts and bruises about the head, severe scarring and ugly gashes about the head, a few nearly invisible scars along the right arm, minor swelling and bruising around the left arm compounded by cuts and bruises about the left arm, a partially paralyzed left arm, minor swelling and bruising around the left leg compounded by cuts and bruises about the left leg, a partially paralyzed left leg, minor swelling and bruising in the chest area compounded by cuts and bruises about the chest area, severe scarring and chunks of flesh missing from the chest area, a few nearly invisible scars along the back.

Bleeding
Area Rate

head (tended)
left arm (tended)
left leg (tended)
chest (tended)
>
>charge my armb 14
You harness a small amount of energy and attempt to channel it into your cambrinth armband.
The cambrinth armband absorbs all of the energy.
Roundtime: 4 sec.

There just seems to be something very inconsistent on the level of head wound that I cannot use cambrinth with now. Unless I'm crazy "an occasional twitch on the forehead" is not as severe "severe scarring and ugly gashes about the head", yet it lets me use cambrinth with the severe scarring, but not the occasional twitch.

I asked Mordibar to help me. He reported these wounds and not being able to use cambrinth:

Wounds to the HEAD:
Fresh External: cuts and bruises about the head -- more than minor
Scars External: severe scarring about the head -- harmful
Fresh Internal: a bruised head -- more than minor
Scars Internal: an occasional twitch on the forehead -- very harmful

He is wondering if it's now set so it's a total wound value rather than a straight single wound stopping. That would explain some of the strangeness. If that's how it is now, that's fine. It was always kind of strange that you could use cambrinth as long as you didn't have an external head bleeder -- it literally didn't mater how much the rest of the head was damaged.

Player of: Lyathe and Saslisena
Re: Bug or ? 05/18/2014 10:18 PM CDT
I looked into this, and apparently it is checking for a combination of internal and external wounds. In addition, it hasn't changed with 3.1 (and very likely not before that -- the mechanic is very old). So it's not a bug or an addition as far as I can tell. When you run into it will depend on the combo of internal and external wounds.

Melete
Nature, it seems, is the popular name
for milliards and milliards and milliards
of particles playing their infinite game
of billiards and billiards and billiards.