Empathy/healing suggestion 04/04/2010 06:23 PM CDT
Since there are so many Empaths competing over patients in some areas and many use herbs/alts etc. Why not allow use to heal critters wounded that are non undead. If we cannot directly harm living things, could we not get something from healing them at least? I know we have perceive health, but some Empaths would still rather train it by healing.

-Morganae -- who
has been called the "true ruler" of the Elven people,
-Termed the "Leth Deriel that Never Was",
it was built with much of the same architecture and streets named after the jewels
that Morganae's people sang to shape the foundations.
Re: Empathy/healing suggestion 04/04/2010 06:29 PM CDT
>>some Empaths would still rather train it by healing.<<

Good luck with this. As you observed, those that choose to train empathy strictly by healing have to compete for patients. The only time I can get empathy moving through healing is during an invasion with lots of deaders getting dragged to triage.

The idea of healing critters doesn't appeal to me because I can see lots of issues with what might be considered mech abuse. Combat oriented character starts whacking at a critter, empath with said character starts healing the critter, keeping both the critter and the character alive continuously. I don't see the ability to heal critters happening.

<<DISCLAIMER: THIS POSTER IS NOT A MEMBER OF STAFF AND HIS INFORMATION IS/MIGHT BE WRONG. >>

You flat out, absolutely, 100% have no idea what you're talking about.

Solomon
Re: Empathy/healing suggestion 04/04/2010 08:40 PM CDT
I have found triage empathing to be an excessively slow way to train it.. most of the dead coming in now a days are devastating hits to vital areas. This means I have to take half.. heal it..heal scars..then take the other half. After healing 5 corpses in this manner I may only be at 3/34 or so. Perhaps it's because I'm overly careful not to take too much in a critical area.. but it shouldn't be that difficult to get the skill moving.

There should be a significant increase in experience given for devastating type-injurys (broken neck,back,abdomen a bit more than limb stumps, etc.) as compared to someone who maybe has cuts and bruises on every body part. The way it works now quickly healing a full cuts and bruises patient will teach more than healing one with a broken neck. That doesn't make sense to me... it's the reason I dont think of healing as a viable training method as is.
Re: Empathy/healing suggestion 04/04/2010 09:42 PM CDT
<<There should be a significant increase in experience given for devastating type-injurys (broken neck,back,abdomen a bit more than limb stumps, etc.) as compared to someone who maybe has cuts and bruises on every body part. The way it works now quickly healing a full cuts and bruises patient will teach more than healing one with a broken neck>>

This makes sense to me.

Mialeigh, Triager of the Order of the White Rose
_________
There are two ways to live your life,
One is as if nothing is a miracle.
The other way is as if everything is.
-ยป Albert Einstein
Re: Empathy/healing suggestion 04/04/2010 10:16 PM CDT
>There should be a significant increase in experience given for devastating type-injurys (broken neck,back,abdomen a bit more than limb stumps, etc.) as compared to someone who maybe has cuts and bruises on every body part.

Yup. I don't think empathy experience has had anything but minor up/down tweaks since its inception.

Except for that brief experiment with experience decay for transference, and only transference. That was epic lulzy.

>describe boar
It's a boar. It doesn't like you.
Re: Empathy/healing suggestion 04/04/2010 10:40 PM CDT
I may be wrong here, but things that have been mentioned seem to suggest that empathy is being worked upon to work in balance with the new combat system.

I am not suggesting that we don't give suggestions, I just also don't want people to feel that Empaths aren't getting looked at.

I know a lot of guilds have a somewhat large feel of are we going to get anything soon. I am seeing these posts in all guild folders. I understand the feeling, because well I care a lot about my Ranger and Thief, and I feel both of these guilds haven't seen much. While Empathy is backseat, I've always had a lot of respect for both the guild in game, and the players that put the time into playing them.

To the GMs, could we have an update on that Combat Rewrite, and if my speculation that Empath experience will be in the rewrite as well as other things.

You can even phrase it with very vague things like. CURRENTLY WE are in BELIEF that...

It is LIKELY that [this] will be changed to [that].

We have [something] in QC now for the combat rewrite, but it MAY need some changing.

Please, put some extra love for all the TLC the empaths have shown us over the decades. :) (: !

Re: Empathy/healing suggestion 04/04/2010 10:47 PM CDT
>I care a lot about my Ranger and Thief, and I feel both of these guilds haven't seen much.

What? Thieves just had a total khri rewrite, box rewrite, lockpick rings... what counts as development?

>describe boar
It's a boar. It doesn't like you.
Re: Empathy/healing suggestion 04/04/2010 10:57 PM CDT
(First sorry if you think this is TL,DR. However I hope it wasn't annoying and instead got to the point of. Yes I want to know more of the Combat rewrite, the releases have been good. I like them, but I am more focused on other things.)

Just got a box rewrite... ahh sorry... didn't notice that (Not even sure when that was, do you mean the new box trap?). Lockpick rings, I am not sure how helpful... you could argue the same thing I guess for the fletching items that are in stores that sells boxes of stuff. These are updates but they aren't entirely Thiefy, heck there is a discussion about Backstab experience. I think you even posted there... [I don't want to concentrate on Thiefie or Rangerly things here. I was trying to suggest all Guilds are seeing this and not to feel Empaths are just getting left out].

And you failed to mention the whole Muspar'i addition that was very Thiefish.

Oh, and yes while I am at it Empaths have had a few new constructs added to the critter ladder.

And all of these things are improvements, and nice to have. However the Constructs are awesome to see. Not just for Empaths either, I am glad there is another thing to hunt at differing levels at differing places.

Kudos to the GMs!

However, I do feel that to suggest some of these things are things that every thief wants. They are nice, and once again Kudos to the GMs for coding and releasing them. However there is a lot of stuff that I'd like to see, i.e. the combat rewrite, or at least a little bit of, yes it is moving along or players bit of a bummer here, a bit more of SNAFU then normal heck that is what SNAFU is. We are working on it, it will get there. We don't know when.

Re: Empathy/healing suggestion 04/04/2010 11:08 PM CDT
<<I was trying to suggest all Guilds are seeing this and not to feel Empaths are just getting left out>>

Seeing what? The GMs are firing off releases almost everyone can enjoy, plus plenty of guild-specific/niche releases, all while working on major rewrites to combat, magic, and lore. Not every good idea will be rushed to the top of the priority list, but we're practically swimming in new stuff.

We have enough youth. What we need is a fountain of smart.
Re: Empathy/healing suggestion 04/05/2010 09:39 AM CDT
>What? Thieves just had a total khri rewrite, box rewrite, lockpick rings... what counts as development?

Yeah. I took a year+ break and when I came back everything had been entirely rewritten for my thief, and my empath was exactly the same. My WM got a few new toys too.

Fortunately in the 6 months I've been back there's been a flurry of empath stuff, which was long over due, but well worth the wait (constructs ftw).

~ Purehand
Re: Empathy/healing suggestion 05/18/2010 04:34 AM CDT
Purehand IM me when you get a chance? I got a few questions for you..

AIM: Squiff42

Thanks,
SQUIFF
Not circling, SHIFTING!