Manipulation 09/16/2005 06:21 AM CDT
Thank you all for responses!

Damthban Thalkyr
The Infernal Dwarf
Learning Manipulation 08/25/2006 12:33 AM CDT
I was just wondering if someone could tell me how to ask the guildleaders to teach me manipulation. I have over 40 circles behind my belt.

Or can someone tell me if it is a specific guildleader that teaches the ability?

Out in Aesry, I don't see alot of empaths when I'm on.

Thanks!
Re: Learning Manipulation 08/25/2006 02:35 AM CDT
Um, learning manipulate, or learning to teach manipulate?

The former, is actually just 100 ranks of Empathy I'm betting. Taught a 19th circle empath with 95 ranks linked to another empath. The teacher, which is a 40th circle empath (and/or 200 Empathy, they're about the same), manipulates the student, and manipulates a creature in the student's presence.

The later, well, I taught my first student, the above mentioned empath, with no special training except being 41st circle with some 207 Empathy.
Re: Learning Manipulation 08/25/2006 04:02 AM CDT
You don't learn manipulate from guild leaders, you learn it from other Empaths, like Link.

Rev. Reene

* -NewGuy- was just struck down!

[Annieka] "-NewGuy-?"
[Launtris] "...Is having a really bad first day."
Re: Learning Manipulation 08/25/2006 08:02 AM CDT
I'm on Aesry. Feel free to either gweth me, or look for me playing with the winged critters on the cliffs [la'tami]. I can teach you to manipulate (and guard you on the cliffs if need be).

Renegade Empath Raudhan just arrived.

A cutthroat gasps, "I can't get UP!"

You begin to lecture Reexa on the proper use of the brawling skill.
You cackle!
You strike a heroic pose.
Re: Learning Manipulation 08/25/2006 12:17 PM CDT
sure tis easiest to learn from players though

but tis strange if you can't, i'd try to learn it from annael, i know, long trip but..

--
Treat empaths with respect, you'll live longer
--
http://people.1up.com/do/my1Up?publicUserId=5198137
Re: Learning Manipulation 08/25/2006 12:24 PM CDT
<<but tis strange if you can't, i'd try to learn it from annael, i know, long trip but>>

The GLs don't teach Manipulation. You need to learn it from a fellow player.

GM Reexa

Re: Learning Manipulation 08/25/2006 12:37 PM CDT
who'd the first person learn it from?

--
Treat empaths with respect, you'll live longer
--
http://people.1up.com/do/my1Up?publicUserId=5198137
Re: Learning Manipulation 08/25/2006 12:46 PM CDT
There was an event. Only a handful learned it then (or were even of a circle to learn it then I think). Fortunately, they were nice to pass along the knowledge (thanks Deme).

~Purehand
Re: Learning Manipulation 08/25/2006 05:21 PM CDT
<<who'd the first person learn it from?>>

Trylaine, one of the Empath Guardians (not a Guardian Spirit, this is something else) taught it to a few before he/she/it transcended into a different form.

GM Reexa

Re: Learning Manipulation 08/30/2006 05:27 AM CDT
<<Trylaine, one of the Empath Guardians (not a Guardian Spirit, this is something else) taught it to a few before he/she/it transcended into a different form.

I think Purehand should marry Annael and they could transcend into a different form together....

sweeet...

SQUIFF
Not circling, SHIFTING!
Re: Learning Manipulation 08/30/2006 02:08 PM CDT
Thank you dear lord baby Lanival, I just want to take the time to thank you for my two sons Typo and Shock Scar, or SS as we call him. And of course my red hot smokin' wife Annael, who is a stone cold fox.

~Purehand
Re: Learning Manipulation 08/30/2006 02:34 PM CDT
<<I just want to take the time to thank you for my two sons Typo and Shock Scar, or SS as we call him.>>

Welcome to the other side.

~Chris
Re: Learning Manipulation 08/30/2006 03:28 PM CDT
I actually still don't have a shock scar, but I did see talladega nights on Sunday.

~Purehand
Re: Learning Manipulation 08/30/2006 11:03 PM CDT
<<Thank you dear lord baby Lanival, I just want to take the time to thank you for my two sons Typo and Shock Scar, or SS as we call him. And of course my red hot smokin' wife Annael, who is a stone cold fox.>>

That movie was awesome. :)

- Simon

http://www.phiiskeep.homestead.com/Frontpage.html

"The problem with common sense, is that it is not so common."
Expansion on Manipulation 11/03/2007 12:12 PM CDT
Any chance that we could include a summoning ability or perhaps the ability to form a swarm? Kinda along the lines of the Rat King or Lord of the Flies or even a sort of Pied Piper without the music.

MANIPULATE CALL (critter) -- summons a number of the specified critter, based on your concentration (current concentration divided by initial cost). All are manipulated on arrival, so this is not a way for empaths to slam the multi or something like that.

MANIPULATE FIND (critter) -- sends off a manipulated critter to find more of its kind and bring them back. Alternatively, could be used to find a fellow adventurer

MANIPULATE SENSE (critter) -- without the critter name, this would work similar to Perc Health or other farseeing abilities to tell you where critters under your influence are at. With the critter name, would tell you if any of those are nearby and where.

And just because I'm out of real ideas and would like an easter egg or three...

MANIPULATE LEMMING (critter) -- sends all critters of the named type under your influence over a cliff or other deathtrap (more likely they'll all rush off to find one). Could be an ability to mass release manipulated critters instead of having to wait out the effect (or lose all our concentration).

MANIPULATE FAMILIAR (critter) -- (temporarily) converts the named critter into a familiar, pet, or companion-type of being. Depending on the abilities given to it in this conversion, the critter would have to be limited to its normal area or be fully converted so that you can walk away from such places with the critter. Perhaps this one could also work on cursed if not also the undead (something necro-ish or potentially shareable with true members of the guild).

J'Lo, I'm a ranger.. I'd believe anything.....
The Manipulation List -- http://symphaena.com/index.html