Empath Hunting Ladder 07/23/2020 04:22 PM CDT
I feel like this needs a lot more fleshing out. The jump from origami to serpents is large enough that you have to train every weapon in origami in blocks just to over train mastery skills. There's multiple gaps in between ranges and even undead don't make up for it fully cause there's so many incorporeal in important segments on the ladder. You kind of have to train as a commoner or just suffer til 30th and go full shock to level everything out. It's wild.
Re: Empath Hunting Ladder 07/23/2020 06:03 PM CDT
>>KAELRX: I feel like this needs a lot more fleshing out. The jump from origami to serpents is large enough that you have to train every weapon in origami in blocks just to over train mastery skills. There's multiple gaps in between ranges and even undead don't make up for it fully cause there's so many incorporeal in important segments on the ladder. You kind of have to train as a commoner or just suffer til 30th and go full shock to level everything out. It's wild.

What do you see as the most formidable gaps in the Empath hunting ladder for those with intact empathy? Are you including undead (which can be hunted with Absolution)?

Note: I am not promising that we will release new hunting areas in the requested range, just soliciting feedback.

GM Cordulia
Re: Empath Hunting Ladder 07/26/2020 10:33 PM CDT
So far in the journey here's my notes, I'm currently in serpents on this character. Another issue I've noticed is I'm going to have to go back and bring my skinning all the way up through the ladder. So not only do you already generally have 2 hunting areas you're also going to have to go back through just so you can skin whatever you're hunting later on down the line. It's been kinda chaotic.

-Huge jump from Origami to Endrus Serpents, requiring you to train more weapons to exploit higher masteries
-No homogenous undead corporeal hunting ground in the gap between Origami to Serpents
-Granite Gargoyle only hunting ground is premie only

Origami > Endrus Serpents > Giant Blight Bat > Rotting Deadwood Dryad > Rock Guardian > ..
Re: Empath Hunting Ladder 07/27/2020 05:39 AM CDT
Granite gargoyles has a large non-premium hunting ground near the southern gondola with Snowbeasts.

I think if I hadn't over-trained my defenses when there were no options to attack things I wouldn't be in Lachs and Mastiffs/Shyv. I use Lachs to backtrain my weapons from 125-200 and Mastiffs / Shyvs to train my mains. The next jump is Black Marble Gargoyles and they are formidable for my defenses which are just short of 350. I'm not sure if completely maxing out weapons and defenses in Mastiff/Shyv will prepare me for Black Gargs. I also used a spell slot to learn Bless. It's just necessary in this area.

--Syllanthis
Re: Empath Hunting Ladder 10/30/2020 05:04 PM CDT
I am fighting Zombie Head Splitters, I might be able to get a little more out of Misenseor resuscitant to low 800's but after that there's nothing until Telga.
Telga Orek 900-1300

Empath Ladder in general is lacking in many spots, I don't want to go shock but I might have no choice if I want to continue to advance.
When I saw a few new critters come out, I was hopeful one would fill this gap as well as others.
Re: Empath Hunting Ladder 10/30/2020 06:05 PM CDT
<<I am fighting Zombie Head Splitters, I might be able to get a little more out of Misenseor resuscitant to low 800's but after that there's nothing until Telga.
Telga Orek 900-1300>>

Telga oreks don't take 900 ranks. They'll already be pretty easy by that point.

Thanks,
-Biomancer Karthor
Re: Empath Hunting Ladder 10/31/2020 10:05 AM CDT
I tried them a few weeks ago and it didn't go so well, I will try them again.
Maybe it was other defences not being high enough... hmm.

thank you
Re: Empath Hunting Ladder 10/31/2020 10:13 AM CDT
Could be a bit of a defensive issue I guess, I think I had just about stopped being able to learn Evasion from resuscitants when I really started using oreks regularly. And they only spawned 3 per hunter at the time, so getting overwhelmed by numbers was pretty impossible, which is no longer the case. Still, I'd be shocked if low 800s wasn't plenty to thrive there.

Thanks,
-Biomancer Karthor