First-Aid 10/17/2019 03:35 PM CDT
Empaths need a more effective, quicker way of training FA aside from pet bleeders (which are kind of ridiculous to begin with). It's pretty wild that Necromancers can train the skill far quicker and with much less RT than Empaths can currently through compendiums.
Re: First-Aid 10/17/2019 04:09 PM CDT
I agree emphatically. Got any specific ideas? I usually come up blank when I try to think of something.

Thanks,
-Biomancer Karthor
Re: First-Aid 10/17/2019 04:23 PM CDT
Let all guilds have access to perform dissect
Re: First-Aid 10/17/2019 04:24 PM CDT

How about learning a bit from transference and IZ in the same way necros learn from thanatology. Healing other races teaches better.
Re: First-Aid 10/19/2019 05:40 PM CDT
After some additional thought, I've got a conceptual idea that may have some potential, but it probably needs to be fleshed out some.

Basically, acupressure. Using his innate knowledge of how the body works and how Life Essence flows through it, an Empath is able to perform certain physical manipulations to produce a variety of therapeutic, or potentially debilitating, effects. Debilitating effects use a combination of Tactics and First Aid, and may be used against non-construct creatures as well as other characters.

Some possible effects include:

-Increased or decreased vitality recovery rate
-Increased or decreased fatigue recovery rate
-Increased or decreased attunement recovery rate
-Increased or decreased concentration recovery rate
-Reduce bleeding rate of all bleeding injuries simultaneously, including internals (sort of redundant with Heart Link though...hrm)
-Increased bleeding rate of all existing bleeders. Causes Shock unless used against undead while under the effect of Absolution
-Increased or decreased resistance to physical damage (modifies the vitality-based damage resistance to act as though the target has more/less vitality than they really do)

That's all I've got for the moment, can anyone else think of any other potential effects?

Thanks,
-Biomancer Karthor
Re: First-Aid 10/19/2019 06:33 PM CDT
Addendum: Since Empathy needs some applications even more than First Aid does (and that's saying something), maybe it could be part of the process as well. Step one is to sort of "read" the flow of the target/patient's Life Essence prior to performing the manipulation. This uses/teaches Empathy, and then First Aid (and Tactics, potentially) is used to execute it.

Thanks,
-Biomancer Karthor
Re: First-Aid 10/20/2019 07:25 AM CDT
Some way to "tend" internal bleeders would be a great extension for FA (playability >> reality). Right now it just does not scale well. By 200 ranks you can take care of anything that's not going to kill you.

ps: Dig the idea of acupressure.

~Hunter Hanryu
>Everything Rangers have is just a lame version of something cool.~Morkim
Re: First-Aid 10/20/2019 10:24 AM CDT

> Some way to "tend" internal bleeders would be a great extension for FA (playability >> reality).

+1 - I'd love to be able to tend internals somehow, or even tend multiple wounds simultaneously or gain access to QoL "feats".

A few ideas for enhanced verbs, even if these required remedy feats of alchemy products to use effectively:

- Tend All - attempts to tend every bleeding wound on your body at the same time. Success and/or RT modified by FA ranks. More difficult to pull off.

- Tend Chest Abdomen ... - Attempts to work like Khri. You tend as many as you can fit into the command.

- Tend Internals - Maybe require a remedies or enchanting reagent, but

- Tend Limb - Maybe require an engineering reagent, but this would attach a clockwork limb to the person who may be missing it. You don't need limbs to do this based on your FA skill (self-sealing adhesives or soemthing).

- Tend Disease - Maybe require a remedies reagent, but this would let you stop the next pulse of a disease or turn a disease dormant for a limited time.

- Tend Poison - Can only be used on another. With enough FA skill, you suck out the poison. Small chance to poison yourself, higher FA skill prevents it.

- Analyze Anatomy - Reduce the number of moves required to complete an analyze combo. Can reduce to a potential moves to 1 (lore prime) or 2 (lore secondary) or 3 (lore tertiary).
Re: First-Aid 02/07/2020 01:18 PM CST
That's a cool idea! And it wouldn't be that far out of touch with what we can already do. I mean, if we can change genders (or the appearance of gender), I don't think it would be much harder to believe we can will the internals of another person to knit themselves.