DMRS 04/19/2018 09:39 AM CDT
Arc Light & Dazzle both don't cause shock, and are a stun.
Stun Foe is a stun, but it does
DMRS is an explosion of sound, making people hit the ground out of fear, a stun and a knockdown, and yet also causes shock.
Deadfall doesn't seem to list if it does or not

Can we get some consistency?
Re: DMRS 04/19/2018 12:37 PM CDT
>>Can we get some consistency?

Shock for spells (and legality, FWIW) is based more on descriptive effect than mechanical effect. A stun of "you make someone woozy and tired" would not cause shock, a stun of "you beat the everloving stuffing out of someone" absolutely would.

I'm happy to look at DMRS when I have time and decide if it's inappropriately flagged, but just "because it's a stun" is not sufficient reason to avoid shock consequences.

-Armifer
"Perinthia's astronomers are faced with a difficult choice. Either they must admit that all their calculations were wrong ... or else they must reveal that the order of the gods is reflected exactly in the city of monsters." - Italo Calvino
Re: DMRS 04/19/2018 04:13 PM CDT
<<Shock for spells (and legality, FWIW) is based more on descriptive effect than mechanical effect.>>

It's a bit of a tangent, but since you mentioned legality...does this mean we could make a case that casting Nissa's Binding in a justice zone shouldn't result in an arrest? Because I can't see any reason that raising your arms and then lowering them, resulting in all and only the obviously aggressive things attacking you falling asleep with no fanfare or scary-looking displays, should cause any sort of alarm among the townsfolk.

Thanks,
-Life Weaver Karthor
Re: DMRS 04/19/2018 04:53 PM CDT
>>It's a bit of a tangent, but since you mentioned legality...does this mean we could make a case that casting Nissa's Binding in a justice zone shouldn't result in an arrest? Because I can't see any reason that raising your arms and then lowering them, resulting in all and only the obviously aggressive things attacking you falling asleep with no fanfare or scary-looking displays, should cause any sort of alarm among the townsfolk.

A case can be made, yeah. I'd need to talk to some folks about that particular one, though.

-Armifer
"Perinthia's astronomers are faced with a difficult choice. Either they must admit that all their calculations were wrong ... or else they must reveal that the order of the gods is reflected exactly in the city of monsters." - Italo Calvino
Re: DMRS 07/18/2018 09:22 PM CDT

Armifer if DMRS is looked at would it be possible to allow it to be used with CAST CREATURE when cast as sorcery?