More non-violent brawling/tactics manuevers? 03/09/2015 04:19 PM CDT
Are there any plans to add some more options for those of us who hunt living critters with our GS? Weave/Circle/Grapple are somewhat limited in scope, I feel, and it'd be nice if there were some more options for supporting other hunters/GS.
Re: More non-violent brawling/tactics manuevers? 03/15/2015 09:10 PM CDT
While I agree with your request, don't understate the value of whats available. Weave, Shove, grabbling a sucker and flinging them around, while utilizing debilitation spells and maxing out Analyze combos racks up FAST. Heck, if you look at the raw value of Weave/Sleep/Grapple prone I'm not sure how much you can add there without things breaking down.

I'm not usually big on calling people out, but if I had to go toe to toe with a champion/boss mob, there is a very very very short list of people I'd want there before Zamara for a buncha reasons.

Samsaren
Re: More non-violent brawling/tactics manuevers? 03/15/2015 09:35 PM CDT
>I'm not usually big on calling people out, but if I had to go toe to toe with a champion/boss mob, there is a very very very short list of people I'd want there before Zamara for a buncha reasons.

http://imgur.com/NmXm83L

I'd like to see more moves, might be more of a post for the combat area so Kodius and the combat mechanics people see it.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
Re: More non-violent brawling/tactics manuevers? 03/16/2015 04:05 PM CDT

>maxing out Analyze combos racks up FAST

Empaths hunting living critters can't do this..... caaaaaaaaan they?

But you raise a good point - I do recognize weave/circle/grapple as being pretty potent. I just wish there was some more to do with more effects. Maybe an AoE tactical maneuver. Maybe something that adds a short RT to the target.

Maybe I should just post in combat like Zamara suggested :)
Re: More non-violent brawling/tactics manuevers? 03/16/2015 04:12 PM CDT
>>Empaths hunting living critters can't do this..... caaaaaaaaan they?

They can't type Analyze? ANYONE can max out the analyze, anyone can finish the combo. Just because they can't swing doesn't mean they can't take advantage of that Lore Prime-ness. Think just a smiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiidge outside the box eh?

>>adds a short RT to the target.

Gods no, never ever EVER a good idea.

Samsaren
Re: More non-violent brawling/tactics manuevers? 03/16/2015 04:41 PM CDT
Like Samsaren said doing analyze on a living mob several times, and not completing the combo, still gives a lot of exp. Actually doing the combo would give you more, but I have no trouble locking tactics. The more you do the analyze before you do the combo, the bigger the opening (to a point).

>analyze
You reveal a moderate weakness in a young wyvern's defense.
Balance reduction can be inflicted upon the enemy by landing a claw and a punch.
>analyze
Your analysis reveals a good opening already being exploited in a young wyvern's defenses.
Balance reduction can be inflicted by landing a claw and a punch.
>analyze
Your analysis reveals a substantial opening already being exploited in a young wyvern's defenses.
Balance reduction can be inflicted by landing a claw and a punch.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
Re: More non-violent brawling/tactics manuevers? 03/16/2015 08:32 PM CDT
Anyone can finish the combo, but wouldn't cause shock for empaths?

I don't think JHALIASCLERIC was concerned about locking tactics so much as adding some variety.
Re: More non-violent brawling/tactics manuevers? 03/16/2015 08:46 PM CDT

Oh, yeah, to be totally clear, tactics trains more than fine for me. My issue is wanting more to do with it.

Repeatedly analyzing a critter does absolutely nothing for the solo hunting Empath. Unless we could perhaps get our GS to favor next in combo moves? On that note - additional non-violent tactical maneuvers that syngerize with other combatants, i.e our GS, would be raddest.
Re: More non-violent brawling/tactics manuevers? 03/16/2015 08:50 PM CDT
Interesting idea. Would be cool to have empath-only brawling moves flavored specifically for use in tandem with a GS.
Re: More non-violent brawling/tactics manuevers? 03/17/2015 06:50 AM CDT
>>Anyone can finish the combo, but wouldn't cause shock for empaths?

Again, my point is being missed. Take the example here. During a recent run of BtB a group of us took on the quest severely short handed. While the rest of the gang was scattered doing various tasks Zamara and I engaged the boss. Rather than losing the damage output of me swinging, I would analyze once to see the combo (or just get told it via skype) while Zamara analyze'd it up to massive. We could stack up the debuffs, all of maximum strength, in less than half the time I could manage such solo.

Now, I'll grant in the above situation neither of us really needed to do this, as we were both a tad beyond where the beastie flexed to but it was fun. Taken to the obvious next step adding things like Debilitations, grappling, etc if it was a boss of real threat would have proved awful useful. Something I've wanted facing Champions and such often in the past.

P.S. I really want to do something like the above again now that Absolution's a thing. I'd totally cheer-lead while Zamara kicked the snot out of Lyras.

Samsaren
Re: More non-violent brawling/tactics manuevers? 03/17/2015 02:20 PM CDT

Samsaran, I think your example with Zamara is a pretty niche situation. Perhaps niche enough given your admitted caveats to be not really that useful. Since you both were over skilled compared to it, I wonder if it would have gone faster for Zams GS to work on the boss, and for Zam to be simply using weave/grapple-circle.

Also, since you said the thing worked because of Skype, I think you further underline an issue with it's utility.
Re: More non-violent brawling/tactics manuevers? 03/18/2015 06:50 AM CDT
>>Again, my point is being missed.

This is where I'm stuck: does ANALYZE stack debuffs on critters even if you don't follow through on the combo?
Re: More non-violent brawling/tactics manuevers? 03/18/2015 07:16 AM CDT

Each ANALYZE increases the magnitude of the debuff when the combo is completed, irrespective of who completes the combo. So if an Empath is spamming ANALYZE and Samsaran is alternating between ANALYZE and the move required to complete the combo, when he completes it instead of it being a, say, 'large opening', it'll be a 'massive opening'.
Re: More non-violent brawling/tactics manuevers? 03/18/2015 04:15 PM CDT
I sort of gathered that; that works for hunting with another PC. It still doesn't address your very first question which concerned hunting with a GS. Maxing out the potential debuff is pointless if the GS is incapable of performing a combo. So I couldn't process "anyone can finish a combo" since I'd be shocked and my GS is dumb.

Maybe that could be a component of a special set of combat interactions between the Empath and GS, where the GS can actually do the combo?