Was just struck down... by a typo! 09/02/2012 05:18 PM CDT
Having no good place to put this rather amusing log. I have never been so frustrated, amused, and embarrassed by a typo before.

Faehlan has normal vitality.
Faehlan's injuries include...
Wounds to the HEAD:
Fresh External: some moderately deep cuts about the head -- harmful
Wounds to the CHEST:
Fresh External: a completely destroyed chest area with nearly all flesh and bone torn away revealing a gaping hole -- useless
Fresh Internal: a severely swollen and deeply bruised chest area with odd protrusions under the skin -- severe

>.takeone fae chest hafl
[script aborted]
[Script takeone is running, Esc to cancel, Shift-Esc to pause]
>take fae chest hafl
>take fae chest hafl scar
>take fae chest hafl in
You touch Faehlan.
>
You touch Faehlan.
>take fae chest hafl in scar
[script done]
You touch Faehlan.
>
You touch Faehlan.
You sense that Faehlan's chest bruises are fully healed.
>
Your blood red book falls to the ground.

The shield around you begins to lose cohesion.
The air around you shimmers with a weak yellow light that quickly disperses.
Your death cry echoes in your brain as it quickly dawns on you that you have just died! Already, you feel the tug of eternity upon your soul and you struggle to remain tied to this world.

A chill takes the seat of your soul as your remaining spiritual strength bleeds away steadily. However, you are comforted that you have curried the favor of your god, which will greatly improve the course of your resurrection or reincarnation.

Your body will decay beyond its ability to hold your soul in 100 minutes.
You feel a burning pain in your chest as Faehlan's wound transfers to you.
You sense that Faehlan's chest wounds are fully healed.
You feel a swirling sensation as the world takes on a slightly different appearance. It is as if a great struggle has ended and you now rest in peaceful repose contemplating your release from the fight.

You've reached the uninformative help match I haven't written yet.
Re: Was just struck down... by a typo! 09/02/2012 07:55 PM CDT
In my script, it'd be .heal Fae ch ci

Speaking of overhealing deaths, I had a strange one some months back that I wish I'd saved and BUGged. I died, message indicated I destroyed a bodypart, but...I didn't have a destroyed whatever it was (I think it was back scar). I even checked it with the alt Empath I used to heal myself for raising and it was only at very devastating. I knew I was pushing it, but I should have lived.

Kind of wish I'd bugged that now.

Kaeta Airtag

>>Actually an opinion cannot be changed or corrected. Nice try back of line.-VERATHOR
>>But it can be wrong.-Starlear
Re: Was just struck down... by a typo! 09/03/2012 06:22 AM CDT
<< I died, message indicated I destroyed a bodypart, but...I didn't have a destroyed whatever it was (I think it was back scar). I even checked it with the alt Empath I used to heal myself for raising and it was only at very devastating. I knew I was pushing it, but I should have lived.>>

I've encountered that one a couple of times before, both as the victim and the verifier after the fact. It had been bugged in the past, but I don't think there's ever been any success tracking down the issue. I've taken to leaving a larger safety margin on vital areas just to make sure I don't run into it anymore.

Thanks,
-Life Sustainer Karthor