Forest Spawn Constructs? 06/16/2012 11:44 AM CDT
Backstory: Forest spawn are constructs of dirt/stone/trees/whatever summoned by the Ranger spell Awaken Forest.

I couldn't find anything definite on if these were constructs or not. I assumed they were. APPARENTLY, they are not constructs despite looking like them. How sad.

Melete, I super super super hate Shock. Super hate.

<3

---
Inauri
Re: Forest Spawn Constructs? 06/16/2012 01:59 PM CDT
>I couldn't find anything definite on if these were constructs or not.

They put in a check a while back via PERCEIVE <creature>. If you don't sense anything, it will shock you. If it won't cause shock it will say - "You sense that xxxxxx will not cause shock if you attack it." If you want help sharing the shock let me know.
Re: Forest Spawn Constructs? 06/16/2012 02:14 PM CDT
>>f you want help sharing the shock let me know.

Second that, always willing to help with accidental shock.

Mordibar
Re: Forest Spawn Constructs? 06/16/2012 03:34 PM CDT
I didn't know about the Perceive Creature tidbit. THANKS!

Also, I got the Shock taken care of. Still sad I have the scar but oh well. Character progression. :D

Thanks for the offers. <3

---
Inauri
Re: Forest Spawn Constructs? 06/16/2012 03:46 PM CDT

Speaking of shock, has anyone else noticed an extra line in non-construct appraisal?

>You are certain that that the ship's rat has an incredible spirit that is healthy.
Re: Forest Spawn Constructs? 06/16/2012 10:24 PM CDT
Ouch! Yeah, PERCEIVE works, but manipulate is another way to test most things since constructs can't be manipulated.

>>You extend your will and attempt to Empathically manipulate a granite gargoyle, but you cannot find any purchase. A granite gargoyle does not seem to have a life essence to manipulate!<<

Melete

My old clock used to tell the time
and subdivide diurnity;
but now it's lost both hands and chime
and only tells eternity.
Re: Forest Spawn Constructs? 06/17/2012 12:30 PM CDT
Filing this knowledge away.

I went ahead and updated elanthipedia pages so hopefully no one else makes the same mistake.

---
Inauri