Re: Empath Infirmary Battles 01/31/2011 10:00 AM CST
If you choose to support, or side with, either side of a an active conflict you may find yourself involved. This is true in real life and true in game. You were given several opportunities that were phrased quite clearly to not involve yourself.

The person said empath was casting spells on was a self admitted thief, who had admitted to attempting to steal from the empath. The thief was given many opportunities to leave the guildhall. The thief was not held "hostage".

Not every character is roleplayed as a saint healer. If this offends you, I believe you are missing a key point of roleplay. If you do not believe this is supported by game lore, there are some very interesting books in the Crossing guild library you may read.

No one told you to quit the guild. There are many other guildhalls and many other areas people seek healing at. If you are not comfortable with what is going on in a current room there are thousands of others you may be in.

However, I feel you are gravely overlooking a large part of the game. Neither player involved in this conflict appeared to have any problem with what was going on, and only you took offense. You were only threatened after you became involved by voicing your objections.
Re: Empath Infirmary Battles 01/31/2011 11:06 AM CST
I rather have that conflict and all that ruckus in the guild. I came to the mainland from Kresh yesterday and saw 8 empaths and a total of 10 people there. I greeted everyone and only one person responded and who did not seem to be AFK. Sadly everyone was closed or I would have killed everyone there.

As stated by the poster above me, not all empaths play the "I can heal so please don't hurt me" card. If someone actively tries to meditate when no mediation is wanted, they are choosing to be part of the conflict at and need to understand the consequences of those actions.
Re: Empath Infirmary Battles 01/31/2011 11:08 AM CST
>>I greeted everyone and only one person responded and who did not seem to be AFK. Sadly everyone was closed or I would have killed everyone there.

Hahaha this reminded me of Peimei from Kill Bill :P

__
~Leilond
http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Leilond
http://soundsoftime.bravehost.com
Re: Empath Infirmary Battles 01/31/2011 11:15 AM CST
empaths are not all passive healers. some of them are much more combat oriented and act as such. i do not want to be jump on the if you do not like it leave bandwagon, but honestly, if what was happening was upsetting you, and you feel that the situation was out of hand you could either be proactive and find a paladin to banner, pay some one to remove the disruption or "go on strike", but if those are not options that you like, then really leaving the guildhall may be the best option for you ( not leaving the guild, just the area for the time being).

if a skirmish in the empath guild is the most appalling example of bad behavior you have ever witnessed, maybe leaving the guildhall once in a while is exactly what you need.
Re: Empath Infirmary Battles 01/31/2011 04:55 PM CST
> I came to the mainland from Kresh yesterday and saw 8 empaths and a total of 10 people there. I greeted everyone and only one person responded and who did not seem to be AFK. [GORYNEL]

This has been my experience lately. I love the teaching change where the teacher doesn't need to offer anymore, but once again, a great change has made it even easier for AFKing in the guild hall - and everywhere else.

I would love to see something where someone my circle can walk in and take over the class of someone AFK. It would be a consentable behavior, but yeah, I don't mind a good fight anyway. :)

Anyway - I think Grishnok needs to come back. He's the one who got me into combat, and stopped my belief that the guild hall was safe. Oh, and Jomay still needs to teach me her tricks, please. Force shift should be a prime ability, darn it!! (Those afk-ers would wake up a different gender)

I don't mind people fighting in the guild, I would just like more options for stopping it, if so desired and the empath was established enough in the guild. I would hate for every room to be a safe room - where would my avenger kill people if that were to happen??
Re: Empath Infirmary Battles 01/31/2011 06:45 PM CST
>>(Those afk-ers would wake up a different gender)

As always, the best thing to do about AFK'ers, in the guild or elsewhere, is to REPORT them.

>>I don't mind people fighting in the guild, I would just like more options for stopping it, if so desired and the empath was established enough in the guild. I would hate for every room to be a safe room - where would my avenger kill people if that were to happen??

This is pretty much my take on it, too. I want to give you guys a way to deal with disturbances/annoying behavior if you choose to, but not force tranquility from the top down by making the whole guild a no-violence.

As has been posted in the past, safe rooms are being re-evaluated gamewide, so more safe rooms is definitely not a direction we want to go in.

Melete
[Turmis] I'm about to shoot beards in the face
Re: Empath Infirmary Battles 01/31/2011 08:03 PM CST
>>(Those afk-ers would wake up a different gender)

> As always, the best thing to do about AFK'ers, in the guild or elsewhere, is to REPORT them. (MELETE)

So...that's a no to force shifting?? :(
Re: Empath Infirmary Battles 01/31/2011 09:03 PM CST
>>force shifting

I think if we discuss force shifting here, the ghosts of advocates past will find me and leave my cake out in the rain.

I don't think that I can take it.

Melete
[Turmis] I'm about to shoot beards in the face
Re: Empath Infirmary Battles 01/31/2011 09:34 PM CST
I would love force shifting. Or any force powers really. Jedi would be awesome in Dragonrealms ;)

DRPrime - Celeres Turrance
DRPrime - NecroUnknown
Re: Empath Infirmary Battles 01/31/2011 09:55 PM CST
im not saying place some kind of pacifistic lock-down on the guildhall, im saying resorting to violent behavior when others IN THE GUILD have asked you to stop is not only rude but entirely disrespectful, yes stealing from empaths is wrong, but attacking people just because they hold a different view is tyranical, you cannot hope to have your point in the matter viewed as right when you are slaying or spell slinging at everyone who sees it differently. I am all for punishing people who abuse the guild, be it thieves, murderers, or just plain village idiots who stumble in to cause problems, but ignoring the wishes of your fellow guildmembers or even turning your aggression towards them because they do not share your choice of action is completely unacceptable.
Re: Empath Infirmary Battles 01/31/2011 10:25 PM CST
>XENTROX

Please consider breaking up your posts more. I find them difficult to read, and in the last case I just skipped it completely.

I'm sure I'm not the only one, so it would help you to do so.

"Your suffering amuses me" -GM Raesh

Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Blunts for Sale:
http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/User:Caraamon#Wares
Re: Empath Infirmary Battles 01/31/2011 10:26 PM CST
<<I think if we discuss force shifting here, the ghosts of advocates past will find me and leave my cake out in the rain.

No! please talk about force shifting more! It gets those nasty ghosts to stop pestering me. Apparently they follow around moderators like lost puppies.

Helje
DragonRealms Board Monitor
and Keeper of Empath Ghosts of Advocate Past
Re: Empath Infirmary Battles 01/31/2011 10:35 PM CST
I loved force shifting. I say go for it. Automatically grants consent on the shifter by the shiftee. Bring it baaaaaaaack!

NMUs are not people. -GM Armifer
Re: Empath Infirmary Battles 02/01/2011 07:11 AM CST
yes please and thank you everyone with end up with green hair and it will be fabulous!

xentrox... you are complaining about something happening in the guild and saying that because it did not stop when your character asked for it to stop that the other person was basically forcing thier will upon your character and being tyrannical, however, aren't you doing the same thing?

really, if you do not like what is happening, and you are not getting the support you need from the other people in the guildhall, maybe you need to take a walk, hunt, braid, or do something else for the half hour that things will be interesting in the guild and then go back to it. while others should not be forcing their will on your character ( even though it sounds more like there was some real RP going on rather that scripting zombies), you should not be forcing your will on them either.
Re: Empath Infirmary Battles 02/02/2011 07:42 AM CST
i am now long past caring about it at all anymore, but for the record i was not intentionally trying to force anyone to do anything. I voiced my opinion and was attacked. that is different from being scolded or told to take a hike, i was silenced with thumping and then put to sleep with a spell THEN i was offered physical violence. im not sure how any of that is a satisfactory conclusion.
Re: Empath Infirmary Battles 02/02/2011 09:34 AM CST
>i am now long past caring about it at all anymore,

Ah, stage 5 of the grieving process. Stage 6 is the NB/Avengermaul stage.

~ Purehand

>collect coin
You manage to collect a pile of coin.
Roundtime: 30 sec.

... Jackpot.
Re: Empath Infirmary Battles 02/03/2011 10:16 PM CST
I think their should be a permanent banner in the empaths guild. Can't believe the guild leaders never made arrangement with the Paladin guildleader over stuff like this. Heck even the thief's guild leader shouldn't like that stuff going on in the empath guild hall. And I think that would be a rational in game mechanic. Powerful guild leaders making arrangement with other powerful guild leaders. I just can't see a Paladin guild leader turning down an empath guild leader on that request. But I am on stage 12 or 13 and really don't care much anymore.

Player of Frediwyn
Re: Empath Infirmary Battles 02/04/2011 12:03 AM CST
>>Arnwolf: I think their should be a permanent banner in the empaths guild.

I see lots of gweth requests for Paladins in your future.

"PHA = Healer Union. They charge for healing based on your injuries. We will now pause while everyone gives their opinion on this." -- Teilan
Re: Empath Infirmary Battles 02/04/2011 08:32 AM CST
No safe rooms + Disarming in the infirmary.

~ Purehand

>collect coin

... Jackpot.
Re: Empath Infirmary Battles 02/04/2011 09:33 AM CST
Very few people on the mainland are a threat to me. I hunt Armadillo and stay out of things when I am on the mainland because I don't want to be a bully pushing people around. And many times I don't really know both sides of the story or the people well enough to really know what is going on.

Player of Frediwyn
Re: Empath Infirmary Battles 02/05/2011 07:38 PM CST
>>i am now long past caring about it at all anymore, but for the record i was not intentionally trying to force anyone to do anything. I voiced my opinion and was attacked. that is different from being scolded or told to take a hike, i was silenced with thumping and then put to sleep with a spell THEN i was offered physical violence. im not sure how any of that is a satisfactory conclusion.

You have the entire consent policy in all its ugly glory to jump behind if you, the player, is finding any attacks or violence unacceptable in that location. Otherwise, RP it out.

Individuals, families, countries, continents are destroyed at the heavy hand of Vinjince.

-GM Abasha
Re: Empath Infirmary Battles 02/06/2011 11:52 AM CST
Yep sometimes you just need to be good, make sure you do not give them consent, and if they attack, report them. Nothing wrong with that. I think some people should just go to the Fallen, that is what it is designed for.
Re: Empath Infirmary Battles 02/06/2011 12:19 PM CST
Your perception of what TF is like is wrong.

-Evran

Gay, geeky, and a little bit cheeky.
Re: Empath Infirmary Battles 02/06/2011 01:01 PM CST
Reading my post may not be clear. I picture the fallen for being for people who want to do what they want without GM interference.
Re: Empath Infirmary Battles 02/06/2011 02:38 PM CST
I went to the infirmary this weekend and there were no fights. I was a sad Purehand.

~ Purehand

>collect coin

... Jackpot.
Re: Empath Infirmary Battles 02/06/2011 07:44 PM CST
It's superbowl Sunday, you just went at a bad time.
Re: Empath Infirmary Battles 02/06/2011 11:00 PM CST
<<I picture the fallen for being for people who want to do what they want without GM interference.

I'm going to have to guess they don't care about GM interference. They're in Prime because they want PC interaction. TF is not the place to go for this.