Remove! 01/30/2011 11:13 PM CST
I am asking the GMs or the powers that be to re-instate the REMOVE command for the Empath guild, the people visiting our guild in the crossings have turned into a dissrespectful and unruly mob of murderers and disruptive citizens. I have witnessed first hand over 4 murders in our infirmary within the span of 10 minutes, i was also silenced by an older player while trying to remind everyone that we were trying to work there. I have no problem with people coming to learn or to talk or to get healed, but folks come in to stir up trouble, take things from our cabinet that they should not be taking and to generally cause a rucus. Please consider emplacing a GUARD or the REMOVE command for the empath guild as it is becoming quite dangerous for us younger empaths to work safely in the infirmary and it is also extremely noisy with no real reason or benefit.
Re: Remove! 01/30/2011 11:43 PM CST
There's already a REMOVE command -- REMOVE PERSON. If two Empaths of reasonable circle (I think it's 25th, I'd have to look at the code to check) use it on the same person within a short timespan, that person gets booted.

I'm in the midst of rewriting the removal mechanic. This may seem like an odd priority considering how much other stuff needs doing, but it has to happen for behind-the-scenes reasons.

The new mechanic will be more robust and more like the Cleric removal mechanic, for those who are familiar with it (though not exactly the same).

Melete
[Turmis] I'm about to shoot beards in the face
Re: Remove! 01/30/2011 11:57 PM CST
isn't the main room with the shelf still a safe room? i know the mana is not quite as good, but if it is really an issue, moving there might be a good idea. if you can not get a second empath to remove someone, then maybe moving with the person you are healing to the safe room would be a better option. <3
Re: Remove! 01/31/2011 01:05 AM CST
Well since it began for me, i was punched in the throat for asking people to settle down or leave, i was also threatened i watched more than a handful of people fight or get killed. Why should I have to move with my patient in MY guild whilst outsiders run rampant in the infirmary, i know having 2 people of circle 25th or higher is the responsible solution as people abuse these things at lower levels, but at my level i am defenseless against these hooligans, who disrupt our guild for their own amusement. I know that the empath guild is a popular hangout because more often than not there are people in there (empaths) healing and teaching which draws in other people, but at the same time we do value ORDER, RESPECT, and PERSONAL SAFETY while in our home (the guild hall) and having that abused and disrespected is a huge problem. The empaths go out of our way to teach classes and help people (not healing as we gain XP that way) but help people financially, we mentor, and we teach, and in return we are disrespected by the other guilds in majority and it is completely unacceptable. It is a very dangerous job running into the wilds to heal and save people when you really have few options about defending yourself from attackers, let alone having to worry about that in your own sanctuary. So no, moving away from the problem is not a satisfactory solution, moving the problem away from us is. i have already suggested placing a guard in the infirmary who can remove troublemakers to the proper authorities, or maybe emplacing a boot door to drop them down into a different area of the lower guild. while both of these are rough ideas and probably not going to happen i would like to see some form of action taken, it is a huge slap in the face when outsiders ignore and disrespect you in your own guild hall.
Re: Remove! 01/31/2011 02:07 AM CST
This has been going on for over a decade but dont worry, change will come Soon.
Re: Remove! 01/31/2011 08:35 AM CST
If all the empaths that feel defenseless, threatened and scared would suddenly scatter and run away every time someone caused a ruckus then perhaps the people that suddenly found themselves without teachers and healers would take it out on those that made it happen.

That could be both cool and funny.

- Illcram

Please rephrase that command.
Re: Remove! 01/31/2011 09:43 AM CST
yeah that would be just, i have already mentioned we should go on strike until these things change, but to no avail. and on top of that i just confronted an empath for casting sleep spells on a person repetativly, which i disagree with, and i was put to sleep. and then threatened with physical violence by that same empath while another sat there and watched. I am really confused on how a guild of HEALERS can be the focal point of so much violence and childish behavior, its completely beyond my realm of understanding, ive see more respect and proper behavior out of the barbarians and the thieves guild seriously. I am not sure what these people think that place is for but it is not for socially unacceptable behavior like holding hostages with sleep spells, ignoring requests to stop, attacking people for no apparent reason, and even attacking and threatened YOUNG guild members. I have never seen such appalling behavior in my life. and when i said this was wrong and it shouldnt be that way i was told "If you dont like it leave" as if my only options were watch people doing terribly wrong things or quit the guild?
Re: Remove! 01/31/2011 01:11 PM CST
>the people visiting our guild in the crossings have turned into a dissrespectful and unruly mob of murderers and disruptive citizens.

That's awesome.

It's lame that we can't disarm in the infirmary though.

~ Purehand
Re: Remove! 02/01/2011 09:45 PM CST
<<It's lame that we can't disarm in the infirmary though.

I agree Purehand. Need exploding body parts back in there.

- Illcram The Evil Empath

Please rephrase that command.