Healed and dying 05/24/2010 07:21 PM CDT
Can something be done about this please? It makes no sense. Yeah I could probably cast awaken on him but he's a 150th circle barb. It shouldn't require a spell though to get someone out of death's grasp when they have no wounds and full vitality.

You sense a successful empathic link has been forged between you and Raging.
You feel the burning fire of pain and suffering building slowly as you instinctively draw out the truth behind Raging's injuries.

Raging's injuries include...
... no injuries to speak of.

Raging has normal vitality.
You sense that Raging's grasp on life is tenuous.
Re: Healed and dying 05/24/2010 07:26 PM CDT
been fully healed with full vit for just over 10 minutes now and still unconscious

UP> awake

You're unconscious. Try again later, when you're not.
[You're dying. If you wish to release your hold on life: RELEASE LIFE.]

More annoying then anything.

I'm on a Motor-boat!!
Re: Healed and dying 05/24/2010 07:33 PM CDT
aannddd finally awake. Took long enough

I'm on a Motor-boat!!
Re: Healed and dying 05/24/2010 09:44 PM CDT
Even after healing has begun the body can often remain unconscious as a coping mechanism.. I don't think anyone being brought back from the state of near-death would realistically be able to just pop up like nothing happened.
Re: Healed and dying 05/24/2010 09:48 PM CDT
>I don't think anyone being brought back from the state of near-death would realistically be able to just pop up like nothing happened.

Realism breaks so much earlier in the damage model it is not even funny.

Oh wait, yes it is. Surviving hits eviscerate you and clawing people in half with your bare hands is hysterical.

"Magic has rules and so does posting on these forums." -Annwyl
Re: Healed and dying 05/24/2010 10:07 PM CDT
I never said a thing about the damage model as a whole.

The OP claimed it makes no sense to be unconscious after near-death .

Your comments on how parts of the model as a whole are in fact broken, which I agree with, has nothing to do with my point that this is one of the parts that is not broken.

I don't subscribe to the theory that if part of a system is unrealistic and broken you should break it more.
Re: Healed and dying 05/24/2010 11:31 PM CDT
Realism- Ya i give it to you that people remain in comas for years many a times.

But in terms of playability, sometimes realism needs to take a back burner. 15 minutes of just lying there until I woke up was pushing the limits

I'm on a Motor-boat!!
Re: Healed and dying 05/24/2010 11:50 PM CDT
>>Even after healing has begun the body can often remain unconscious as a coping mechanism.. I don't think anyone being brought back from the state of near-death would realistically be able to just pop up like nothing happened.

In real life I can't touch someone and take their wounds. In real life wounds don't vanish in a few seconds when the healing process starts. In real life someone doesn't get both their legs and arms cut off, get them miraculously healed then pop up like nothing happened. This isn't real life. If there needs to be this aspect of reality then my 930 ranks of Empathy should be enough to get someone to just pop up like nothing happened.
Re: Healed and dying 05/25/2010 12:56 AM CDT
>But in terms of playability, sometimes realism needs to take a back burner. 15 minutes of just lying there until I woke up was pushing the limits

I agree 15 minutes is too long and excessive. 5 minutes would be around what I would hope the cap would be on being unconscious.

>If there needs to be this aspect of reality then my 930 ranks of Empathy should be enough to get someone to just pop up like nothing happened.

Again agreed that at 930 ranks the patient should be able to pop up within seconds if not immediately. The amount of skill wasn't mentioned in the OP and an average empath with 200 something ranks shouldn't be able to do what you can do to bring folks back from the brink of death.
Re: Healed and dying 05/27/2010 01:32 PM CDT
I'd just like to point out after a long hiatus that 200 ranks being considered average is disturbing though understandable in the current state of the game.
Re: Healed and dying 06/12/2010 05:20 AM CDT
Couldn't you have just cast Awaken...?
Re: Healed and dying 06/12/2010 07:19 AM CDT
>>Couldn't you have just cast Awaken...?

Apparently you didn't read the whole thread

>>Yeah I could probably cast awaken on him but he's a 150th circle barb.

Awaken would have worked if he didn't have insane BMR but that's not the point.
Re: Healed and dying 06/12/2010 02:56 PM CDT
Attacking someone > awaken spell.

>describe boar
It's a boar. It doesn't like you.