Cure disease is an very inefficient spell 01/19/2010 01:00 PM CST
I am a relatively young Empath, I was taking care of a patient with a light internal bleeding, which almost immediately turned into an infection.

I spent nearly three anlaen casting cure disease and transfering the condition from said patient. I cast the spell probably at least forty times. I still did not get all of the infection. The patient was quite frustrated with this situation as was I.

Considering Town Healers will not take care of this, and the patient's body will fight it off in a few anlean itself with enough stamina usually, I felt completely frustrated and useless with this matter.
Re: Cure disease is an very inefficient spell 01/19/2010 01:07 PM CST
The transferring of disease is something based on your empathy rank and isn't connected at all to the spell. Even at 200ish empathy rank it takes a bit to transfer all of a disease. Also, disease has levels of severity that heal over time. A fresh infection is going to take longer to transfer then one they've had for a little bit. Having another Empath, even a young one, help with the transfer will speed it up.
Re: Cure disease is an very inefficient spell 01/19/2010 01:07 PM CST
From what I remember feeling frustrated and useless and young empath are one and the same. If you can't handle something ask for help and it won't be long before this will not be an issue for you.