Prev_page Previous 1
HW, HS and the path to Regen 08/21/2009 10:09 PM CDT
I am a prime member at circle 30. I seeked to get Regen at my 30th circle. Though HW and HS are still under preview so my path is blocked to the Regeneration spell. I feel this has left me at a distinct disadvantage to others that may be Premium or Plat. When are HW and HS going to be removed from preview and the path opened. My other problem is what will happen with IWH, EWH, ISH, ESH. And those slots. Will we be able to drop those spells to open the slots without penalty? I have assisted and had a mail sent to the GM's of the empath guild, but have heard nothing back. I spend alot of hours a day online. When will we here or be able to reach the gifts of our guild? Thank you for your time and for reading my message.
Re: HW, HS and the path to Regen 08/21/2009 10:10 PM CDT
Are you sure you can't pick spells that are on preview? I could have sworn you can.

Rev. Reene

Ventuul whispers, "OOC: It seems like you attract winners though, good job."
Re: HW, HS and the path to Regen 08/21/2009 11:17 PM CDT
>Are you sure you can't pick spells that are on preview? I could have sworn you can.

You can't. Or specifically, you can't pick HW or HS. I don't know about other spells that have been or are on preview.
Re: HW, HS and the path to Regen 08/22/2009 03:45 AM CDT
>>You can't. Or specifically, you can't pick HW or HS. I don't know about other spells that have been or are on preview.

Really?

R> spell

You recall the spells you have learned from your training.

In the chapter entitled "Healing," you have notes on the External Wound Healing [ewh], Internal Wound Healing [iwh], External Scar Healing [esh], Internal Scar Healing [ish], Vitality Healing [vh], Heal Wounds [hw], Heal Scars [hs], and Regenerate spells.
Re: HW, HS and the path to Regen 08/22/2009 04:05 AM CDT
>Really?

><some pasted stuff>

Yup, really. :) If you learned it before the new versions of the spells, then yes, you still have it. But the OP was talking about learning those spells now so that they can get Regenerate, which was the same reason I was attempting to learn them. It's a no-go, as I previous stated. I can paste, too. :-D

"If you are interested in learning to cast this spell, I will gladly teach you. You have but to tell me that you choose it, and it will be yours."
[To learn the spell, type CHOOSE <spell name> SPELL.]
> choose hs spell

[The Heal Scars spell is in a SPELL PREVIEW. To cast it, simply PREPARE it. You will NOT be able to learn it while this Preview is running. Refer to the message boards or NEWS for more info.]
Annael Ebeshalek says, "It is true that the Heal Scars spell is within your grasp however, it is my feeling that you have not yet earned the right to learn any spell, including Heal Scars. Return when you have experienced more."
Re: HW, HS and the path to Regen 08/22/2009 08:04 AM CDT
Is Heal still on preview as well? I can't learn it in TF
Re: HW, HS and the path to Regen 08/22/2009 02:38 PM CDT
HW, HS, and Heal are still on Preview.

Regenerate requires those three spells, so if you decide not to get Heal you simply won't be getting Regenerate.

EWH, IWH, ESH, and ISH will be getting removed via a sort of mini-spellwipe, no need to visit TC with regard to these.

If you already know HW/HS and Regenerate, Regenerate will "stop being available" until you choose Heal. When asked at a way-too-early stage (ie, day of release), Dart said that he wanted to autoinsert Heal at the same time the four other spells were to be removed but that they hadn't gotten to that part yet. The latest response indicated that Heal would probably be a manually-chosen spell (ie, normal result of going off preview) but that until it was chosen anyone who already had Regenerate will be unable to use Regenerate.

DISCLAIMER: THIS POSTER IS NOT A MEMBER OF STAFF AND HIS INFORMATION IS/MIGHT BE WRONG.
Re: HW, HS and the path to Regen 08/23/2009 02:36 PM CDT
If we can't use regen until we choose heal, as heal is a prerequisite of regen now, then I'd rather it simply be inserted for anyone who currently has regen. That makes a lot more sense to me, then suddenly taking away one of my spells.

Regarding hw and hs. Had no idea they had even been rewritten? Whats changed about them? They seem to work about the same as they used to. Though admittedly I was away from the realms for quite awhile so...
Re: HW, HS and the path to Regen 08/23/2009 03:05 PM CDT
Not trying to be offensive here but it's always a good idea to read the announcement pages when you've been gone for awhile.

Here you go.

http://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=20&category=23&topic=1&message=253
Re: HW, HS and the path to Regen 08/23/2009 09:27 PM CDT
Not offended at all. And thank you for the link. After reading it, it sounds like it works the same way it used to, standard healing external then internal, however it basically just adds the options to heal only internal or external, or reverse the standard and heal internal first then external.

Guess my empath is just so advanced that she never noticed the difference. I always over power my healing spells anyway. Though in all honestly, the primary reason I didn't notice is probably because I normally use regen or the new heal spell to heal up these days. I used to use hw and hs, but when I found out about heal, I've been sold on it ever since.

Very happy to know about the changes. Have been using iwh, ish, and esh to maintain an occasional bleeder, as both heal, and hw, when cast normally would heal them. Heh, either that or Regen, which stops at bleeders.
Re: HW, HS and the path to Regen 08/23/2009 09:55 PM CDT
>>Heh, either that or Regen, which stops at bleeders.

It doesn't stop at bleeders. Bleeders can essentially come at any point, so if the bleeding wound is attached to a level of injury that the spell will heal normally based on the option you used it will cause the bleeder to disappear.

DISCLAIMER: THIS POSTER IS NOT A MEMBER OF STAFF AND HIS INFORMATION IS/MIGHT BE WRONG.
Re: HW, HS and the path to Regen 09/10/2009 10:36 PM CDT
So what's up with this? I am also to the point where I can't move further up the tree because none of spells the can be chosen.

--Player of Szrael --

Professional Healers Association Fee Calcs: http://empathunion.com (G3 script and web calc links in the sidebar.)

PHA Crossing Healing spot: east, north, go backdoor from Empath guild. (Try gwething if no one is there!)
Re: HW, HS and the path to Regen 09/10/2009 10:45 PM CDT
A possible solution would be putting Regenerate on preview so long as HW and HS are on preview.

Rev. Reene

You also see a broad-capped glass toadstool with white spots labeled "1UP".
Re: HW, HS and the path to Regen 09/10/2009 10:46 PM CDT
<<A possible solution would be putting Regenerate on preview so long as HW and HS are on preview.

^^^ Yes please.
Re: HW, HS and the path to Regen 09/11/2009 01:20 AM CDT
Preview is sure lasting a looong time.
Re: HW, HS and the path to Regen 09/11/2009 08:35 AM CDT
I wish they'd get rid of ewh, iwh, esh and ish so I can free up two spell slots
Re: HW, HS and the path to Regen 09/11/2009 09:20 PM CDT
Agreed, I started playing about 2 months ago as an empath and was really looking forward to regenerate. I'm up to 28th circle and it saddens me that I won't be able to get it.

Player of Nithhogr, Riverhaven Empath
Re: HW, HS and the path to Regen 09/11/2009 10:36 PM CDT
If it makes you feel any better.. regenerate really does not start becoming effective til well past the PM/Harness you will have at 28th circle. It will be slow and will not train your PM/Harness at all in any significant way.

That said.. HW/HS does need to be taken off preview for those who do want to move up that tree to be allowed to do so.
Re: HW, HS and the path to Regen 09/12/2009 11:58 PM CDT
I'm sitting on some empty spell slots and one of them has the name "Regenerate" on it. Either please put this on preview as well, or take HW and HS off of preview so we can add them to our spellbooks.
Re: HW, HS and the path to Regen 09/14/2009 03:43 PM CDT
*Same Here
Re: HW, HS and the path to Regen 09/18/2009 05:51 PM CDT
End Preview please.
Re: HW, HS and the path to Regen 09/27/2009 10:47 PM CDT
Extremely long preview.
Re: HW, HS and the path to Regen 09/27/2009 10:50 PM CDT
Can we please, please, pretty please get these spells off of preview? Please with a cherry on top?
Re: HW, HS and the path to Regen 09/27/2009 10:57 PM CDT
<<Can we please, please, pretty please get these spells off of preview? Please with a cherry on top?

Or at least put Regenerate on preview in the interim for those who are 30+ and can't pick it because of the current state of affairs?

-Evran

Crackling with unspent rage since 386A.V.
Re: HW, HS and the path to Regen 09/27/2009 11:01 PM CDT
That works too.
HW, HS and the path to Regen 09/28/2009 10:58 AM CDT
I have been over 30th circle now and not been able to get Regenerate. When are you going to take HW, HS, and Heal off of preview so the path can be opened to us. This preview is getting rediculously long. Can you please take the spells off preview or change the path so we can use what we are supposed to have.
Thanks
Player of Gitta
Re: HW, HS and the path to Regen 09/28/2009 12:01 PM CDT
I've had regen for a long time but I still think it's pretty awful that the players who don't STILL don't have the opportunity to choose it.

Fix this, please. The players who've attained 30th deserve the fruits of their labors.

player of Zaeylor
Re: HW, HS and the path to Regen 09/28/2009 12:48 PM CDT
Regen is a pretty great spell, not gonna lie

~Arwinia

http://www.llbbl.com/data/RPG-motivational/target262.html
Re: HW, HS and the path to Regen 09/28/2009 12:59 PM CDT
I'd really like to see some kind of GM response to this. We've been asking for this to change for weeks now with not one single acknowledgment or any kind of time line as to when we can expect this to happen. I'm assuming 'soon'... heh.
Re: HW, HS and the path to Regen 09/28/2009 01:02 PM CDT
>I'd really like to see some kind of GM response to this.

Soon.
Re: HW, HS and the path to Regen 09/28/2009 01:06 PM CDT
sun exploding soon, or mayan end of the world soon?
Re: HW, HS and the path to Regen 09/28/2009 01:15 PM CDT
>>mayan end of the world soon?

Isn't that only like a little over 3 years away?

That might not be so bad...

srsly though, my empath has been slacking (Still in their low teens after over a year) but the way this preview has been handled locking empaths out of key spells is really absurd and should be fixed ASAP.

Dartenian says, "The thing that makes Dragon Dance king is that it pretty much bonuses every single that can possibly be buffed for combat. Including at least two things that don't even exist."
Re: HW, HS and the path to Regen 09/28/2009 01:19 PM CDT
>>Isn't that only like a little over 3 years away?

On the Winter Equinox December 21, 2012
Re: HW, HS and the path to Regen 09/28/2009 01:28 PM CDT
I'm not sure that the 30ish circle players who are chomping at the bit for regen are going to be thrilled with the effectiveness of the spell unless they've been banging out 6-7 ranks of PM per circle.

I agree the preview should end, but just be sure you know what your getting before selecting regen below 200PM or you might be disappointed.

~ Purehand

After a long deliberation, the judge finally says, "Purehand, this court finds you innocent of the charges brought upon you."
Re: HW, HS and the path to Regen 09/28/2009 01:28 PM CDT
If the healing spells are taking a while, I'd be just as happy to get some TM-based disablers or a nice conc debuff to tide me over!

-- Player of Szrael --

Professional Healers Association Fee Calcs: http://empathunion.com (G3 script and web calc links in the sidebar.)

PHA Crossing Healing spot: east, north, go backdoor from Empath guild. (Try gwething if no one is there!)
Re: HW, HS and the path to Regen 09/28/2009 01:31 PM CDT
>>I agree the preview should end, but just be sure you know what your getting before selecting regen below 200PM or you might be disappointed.

Beh, I held off getting it for just this reason (was basically saving it for last, so my magics would be sufficient) and can't get it now either because of the preview on HS and HW.

So it's not all 30th circlers chomping at the bit.

-- Player of Szrael --

Re: HW, HS and the path to Regen 09/28/2009 01:39 PM CDT
<<I'm not sure that the 30ish circle players who are chomping at the bit for regen are going to be thrilled with the effectiveness of the spell unless they've been banging out 6-7 ranks of PM per circle.

Definitely not 30th circle here and have more than 250 PP. Basically, this preview come out right as I hit 30th... I've leveled 20 times since then and I'd like to start using regen.
Re: HW, HS and the path to Regen 09/28/2009 01:42 PM CDT
>scream heal

~Arwinia

Re: HW, HS and the path to Regen 09/28/2009 04:47 PM CDT
>>It took less than 5 minutes to find that. Now think about how many of those 3 spells mentioned have been put out for testing and consider we've been told a couple major projects have tied up a lot of time and GMs also have a life beyond this game.

That's not an excuse for making part of the already limited empath spellbook impossible to get

~Arwinia

Re: HW, HS and the path to Regen 09/28/2009 04:49 PM CDT
>>It took less than 5 minutes to find that. Now think about how many of those 3 spells mentioned have been put out for testing and consider we've been told a couple major projects have tied up a lot of time and GMs also have a life beyond this game.

I don't think it's unreasonable to request an update, which is what is being done.

TG, TG, GL, et al.
Also: Moo.
Prev_page Previous 1