Experience System Changes. 07/13/2009 10:25 PM CDT
I already posted in the general discussion topic on this, but I am really becoming concerned about my inability to get empathy to move past perusing since the new changes to the experience model have come about. Today Fran healed a pretty beat up dead body, perceived the health of those in the room she was in, as she usually does, and healed a slightly wounded person several times, (he kept blowing himself up with a box!) and yet never once did empathy move past perusing. All told in the 4 hours I played, Fran didn't learn more then 3% of a rank in empathy. She went hunting in Gargs,and all her defensive skills moved through the steps to mindlock with no issue. Listening to a targeted magic class taught her 2 ranks in the space of 25 minutes, yet every time I did a skill check, empathy was just not even moving enough to stay on the board. I usually give things time to adjust to them, but this is extremely frustrating!!! Fran is my main character, and I am already disheartened at how hard it is to learn empathy now-a-days, but with the new system in place Fran might as well just be listening to carrot planting classes all day.

Player of Francelia, (the lost empath.)