Avengers 03/30/2009 10:22 AM CDT
Alright, this isn't really a bug so I didn't use that folder, but this has always bothered me.

>>A pure white alfar avenger scratches his neck and looks around with a distinctive lack of paranoia.

I'm sure the game has several instances where some syntax changing would be well-appreciated, but every time I see this particular one I stop and scratch my head.

If you saw someone like this you wouldn't think to yourself, "wow, how incredibly un-paranoid." You would think they looked confident, or some such. It would be like seeing someone smiling and thinking "wow, what a distinctive lack of sadness."
Re: Avengers 03/30/2009 10:35 AM CDT
Agreed
Re: Avengers 03/30/2009 11:47 AM CDT
>Ask avenger about quiet

A+ verb.

Inauri
Avengers and non safe-room guilds. 06/08/2010 09:44 PM CDT
First I'd like to say that I love having non safe-rooms in the Crossing empath guild, thank you. I'm not sure if it's related or not, but we can't call a guardian spirit into the room. It'd be nice if the room was combat ok for us, too.

> cast avenger

You gesture.
Your heart skips a beat as your spell sends a subtle jingling call outward from you in all directions.
>
At the edges of your perception, you sense a pure white alfar avenger attempt to answer your call, but something in the area prevents it from joining you.
Re: Avengers and non safe-room guilds. 06/08/2010 09:59 PM CDT
I agree. As things stand now you'd have to para or nb the target and drag them out of the guild in order to properly destroy them. Whereas they can, you know, just destroy you at will.

~ Trem

I'm sharpening my halo into forest thorns // I'm sanctifying pages in the protocols of war.
Re: Avengers and non safe-room guilds. 06/09/2010 09:21 AM CDT
>First I'd like to say that I love having non safe-rooms in the Crossing empath guild, thank you. I'm not sure if it's related or not, but we can't call a guardian spirit into the room. It'd be nice if the room was combat ok for us, too.

I was just about to post this.

>I agree. As things stand now you'd have to para or nb the target and drag them out of the guild in order to properly destroy them.

I just did this.

Get out of my head.

~ Purehand

>collect coin
You manage to collect a pile of coin.
Roundtime: 30 sec.

... Jackpot.
Re: Avengers and non safe-room guilds. 06/09/2010 10:04 AM CDT
>> I just did this.
>>
>> Get out of my head.

You're my empath hero, Purehand, and third on my list of DR heroes overall!

~ Trem

I'm sharpening my halo into forest thorns // I'm sanctifying pages in the protocols of war.
Re: Avengers and non safe-room guilds. 06/09/2010 02:56 PM CDT
My disposition would work out a lot better for me if I had Karthor/Quazzarz/Frediwyn's combats.

~ Purehand

>collect coin

... Jackpot.
Re: Avengers and non safe-room guilds. 06/10/2010 06:11 PM CDT
This has almost gotten me killed. Sometimes you can sleep and drag, but a lot of people use avoids - not everyone is going to let you drag them out of the room to let you try and fight back, and not every empath wants to run straight to NB for their PVP. This wouldn't bother me if it was anywhere BUT the empath guild. Turning off the safe room was GREAT, I love it, but this keeps reminding me of fish in a barrel, let everyone get violent in their guild but them.
If it was done on purpose I'm sure I can live with it.
Re: Avengers and non safe-room guilds. 06/11/2010 07:33 PM CDT
>>Turning off the safe room was GREAT, I love it, but this keeps reminding me of fish in a barrel, let everyone get violent in their guild but them.

I agree. What's good for the goose is good for the gander: Empaths should be able to use their avengers in rooms where combat is allowed.

Teilan: PHA = Healer Union. They charge for healing based on your injuries. We will now pause while everyone gives their opinion on this.
Re: Avengers and non safe-room guilds. 06/11/2010 10:31 PM CDT
Going to third or fourth the notion to allow avengers to be summoned here. No reason to have anti-summon wards up in a non-safe room imho.
Re: Avengers and non safe-room guilds. 06/11/2010 11:41 PM CDT
Bah. Empaths only method of offense against griefing idiots in their own guild are their avengers. Well, I supposed they could use TM or something and get shock... Seriously, if it's not a safe room, then it should be anything goes. Avengers included.

Clerics are on the sectual radar.

Just to be clear - I didn't do it. Not sure who did, but it wasn't me.

- GM Raesh
Re: Avengers and non safe-room guilds. 06/12/2010 03:35 PM CDT
>>Seriously, if it's not a safe room, then it should be anything goes. Avengers included.

Agreed.
Re: Avengers and non safe-room guilds. 06/12/2010 03:36 PM CDT
Yes, if the inability to summon Guardian Spirits in the Crossing Empaths' guild is a mistake, I would very much like to see it fixed.

As it stands, it's getting in the way of my RP. >:)

-- Naraya (player of)
Re: Avengers and non safe-room guilds. 06/12/2010 04:29 PM CDT
It's getting in the way of my appraisal training... and stuff.

Also, please let us pop boxes in there. So what if a room trap goes off? Buncha empaths in there. No biggie.

~ Purehand

>collect coin

... Jackpot.
Re: Avengers and non safe-room guilds. 06/12/2010 04:44 PM CDT
Not sure what happened to block avengers, but they should be allowed in there. I will see about getting this fixed sometime this weekend!

Thanks!
Lyneya
Re: Avengers and non safe-room guilds. 06/12/2010 04:45 PM CDT
Thank you!
Re: Avengers and non safe-room guilds. 06/12/2010 06:49 PM CDT
And boxes and stealing and an orb in the infirmary that an empath can invoke to kill folks.

~ Purehand

>collect coin

... Jackpot.
Re: Avengers and non safe-room guilds. 06/12/2010 07:20 PM CDT
>>Not sure what happened to block avengers, but they should be allowed in there. I will see about getting this fixed sometime this weekend!<<

GM Lyneya gave me the go-ahead, so I went through and fixed this. Avengers and creatures of all descriptions are now free to roam the Empath guild once more.

This applies to the rooms that are not safe rooms.

Melete
"'You're no help,' he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could." -- Neil Gaiman
Re: Avengers and non safe-room guilds. 06/12/2010 10:28 PM CDT
Yay!

~ Trem

Re: Avengers and non safe-room guilds. 06/12/2010 11:26 PM CDT
... and Purehand's orb, please???

i mean thank you!!
Re: Avengers and non safe-room guilds. 06/13/2010 01:30 PM CDT
I only BUG reported this WEEKS ago. In any case, thanks for letting me cast Shadowling in the infirmary again.
Re: Avengers and non safe-room guilds. 06/13/2010 02:03 PM CDT
>>RUCENT: In any case, thanks for letting me cast Shadowling in the infirmary again.

Not more shadowling scroll in the Infirmary!

Teilan: PHA = Healer Union. They charge for healing based on your injuries. We will now pause while everyone gives their opinion on this.
Re: Avengers and non safe-room guilds. 06/13/2010 02:10 PM CDT
>> I only BUG reported this WEEKS ago. In any case, thanks for letting me cast Shadowling in the infirmary again.

Oh great and mighty Lyneya and her right hand Melete. For the love of all that his holy, unholy, good, evil... Who cares. Please continue to block Shadowlings! No one wants to see a MM sit there and spam their shadowling magic training script. Doing so should be kill on site.

"The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."
-Thucydides

http://www.theapostlesorder.org/
Re: Avengers and non safe-room guilds. 06/13/2010 02:33 PM CDT
Lets compromise by keeping the shadowlings + getting Purehand's death orbs. Win - win, everyone's happy!
Re: Avengers and non safe-room guilds. 06/13/2010 03:01 PM CDT
I would settle for thugging mechanics.

~ Purehand

>collect coin

... Jackpot.
Re: Avengers and non safe-room guilds. 06/13/2010 03:23 PM CDT
If a MM casting shadowling over and over bothers you so MUCH (which it obviously does) why don't you just squelch it and move on?

Necromancy brings out the Stupid in us all. -Armifer
Re: Avengers and non safe-room guilds. 06/13/2010 03:53 PM CDT
Or we can just remove moonies from guild.
Re: Avengers and non safe-room guilds. 06/13/2010 07:54 PM CDT
>> If a MM casting shadowling over and over bothers you so MUCH (which it obviously does) why don't you just squelch it and move on?

Squelching = not smart. A few select GMs have been said to change minor wording in crap like Shadowlings atmo msgs as script checks. Plus I would rather know whats going on around me just in case something, Oh I don't know... Important happens.

"The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."
-Thucydides

http://www.theapostlesorder.org/
Re: Avengers and non safe-room guilds. 06/13/2010 08:43 PM CDT
I'll definitely be removing any moon mage chain casting shadowling in the infirmary. One way or another.

~ Trem

Re: Avengers and non safe-room guilds. 06/13/2010 09:45 PM CDT
>>Squelching = not smart. A few select GMs have been said to change minor wording in crap like Shadowlings atmo msgs as script checks. Plus I would rather know whats going on around me just in case something, Oh I don't know... Important happens.

It would be stupid to squelch the word "shadowling" but not the entire line of text that a shadowling can cause. When I gag things in Genie I anchor both ends and it is an exact match with regex, so I don't have to worry about that. I gag all atmo messaging wherever I am hunting this way.

As long as you're copying the ENTIRE line exactly as it is, you should not have any issues. Some things in DR are incredibly annoying and repetitive. I don't need to see someone forage and braid their grass 500 times.

Vashir: one day I will devise a weapon fueled by the tears of warrior mages
Vashir: it'll be unstoppable

http://docs.google.com/View?id=dcszxzpn_22g3mtzcv

http://elanthipedia.com/wiki/Out_of_Character
Re: Avengers and non safe-room guilds. 06/14/2010 03:30 AM CDT
>> Oh great and mighty Lyneya and her right hand Melete. For the love of all that his holy, unholy, good, evil... Who cares. Please continue to block Shadowlings! No one wants to see a MM sit there and spam their shadowling magic training script. Doing so should be kill on site.

This is not what I said, but good job anyway. And if text in a text-based game causes you issues, I really do not know what to say.