Healer Adept Onsuwayo 01/29/2009 07:23 PM CST
Would the Empath guild mind replacing Healer Adept Onsuwayo stationed in Ratha as he gets too tired way too quickly and could use a vacation to regather his strength and stamina.

Re: Healer Adept Onsuwayo 02/01/2009 10:09 AM CST
Provincial healers are hired by the provinces, not established by the Empaths' Guild.

GM Reexa

Re: Healer Adept Onsuwayo 02/02/2009 01:54 PM CST
>Provincial healers are hired by the provinces, not established by the Empaths' Guild.

Wait, are you saying that the Empaths' Guild GMs have no authority over autopaths?
Re: Healer Adept Onsuwayo 02/02/2009 02:54 PM CST
Isn't that what they've said for years every time it's brought up?
Re: Healer Adept Onsuwayo 02/02/2009 05:12 PM CST
I think JMF90 was being tongue in cheek about that question.

::squints::

GM Reexa

Re: Healer Adept Onsuwayo 02/02/2009 05:12 PM CST
The only reason Empath GMs had any sort of "control" over autopaths is that I (for a time) was the pro forma Healing Systems GM. Meaning I was ostensibly in charge of autopaths (autopaths fall under the realm of Healing Systems and Provincial Owners).

I'm no longer (technically) an Empath GM, nor am I the Healing Systems GM, so on both cases it's out of the Empath Guild's hands.

On a side note, keep in mind that restrictions on certain autohealers is very much intentional. Both in terms of lore, and for variety.

-GM Obseden
"To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under heaven."
"Anything's possible. Especially since I'm rewriting the system."
Re: Healer Adept Onsuwayo 02/02/2009 05:18 PM CST
>I think JMF90 was being tongue in cheek about that question.

No, that was an honest question. I'm wondering whom I should lobby about places like Muspar'i.

>On a side note, keep in mind that restrictions on certain autohealers is very much intentional. Both in terms of lore, and for variety.

What about how autopaths won't heal scars if you self-heal with herbs? Surely that isn't an intentional restriction when the same empaths readily heal scars as part of the normal healing process.
Re: Healer Adept Onsuwayo 02/02/2009 09:30 PM CST
So is there a way ingame to petition whoever the heck hires the empaths for further training and/or for a more competent autopath without standing around for a few weeks hoping a gm notices you trying to hold a conversation with a npc and decides to rp it out some. Assuming you've chosen the right npc to have a conversation with.

Myself and another person were getting healed by onsuwayo i wasn't hurt much a couple bruises and the rest were abrasions the other guy pretty much the same maybe a tad worse it took 30 minutes real time to heal the both of us. 15 minutes a piece.

My barb lives on the islands and unlike crossing i cant walk to a gathering spot announce i would like to be healed be healed in under a minute tip and head out on my way. There aren't an abundance of empaths to put it mildly.

I would just like to see the time it takes to be healed from medium severity wounds reduced to 5-7 minutes, light woulds 5 minutes or less, severe wounds i don't mind being 15 minutes.

And i have tried to have conversations with npc's full knowing they werent going to actualy recipricate.

Although a gm made the cabinet talk in the empath guild and me being a barb at the time declared it magic and proceeded to go into combat with it, which was fun. However after the initial couple sentences the cabinet ceased to do anything. I can only guess the gm was drawn away for something even though i pretty much had to do everything myself with acts and the cabinet wasn't playing along it was still amusing to myself and the one or two people who were actually were not afk.
Re: Healer Adept Onsuwayo 02/03/2009 04:33 AM CST
I think having the autopaths take such a long time is a good thing. It forces the character into making choices like seeking out another player's empath or carrying and knowing how to use a bunch of herbs and potions, etc. Using the autopaths is and should be hugely impractical. I see them all as being overworked and underpaid and not entirely motivated to work quickly.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
- Albert Einstein
Re: Healer Adept Onsuwayo 02/03/2009 07:04 AM CST
>>I think having the autopaths take such a long time is a good thing. It forces the character into making choices like seeking out another player's empath or carrying and knowing how to use a bunch of herbs and potions

hmm 15 minutes looking for another empath... or more... usually more, or 15 minutes waiting on onsuwayo.

as too herbs i carry a full compliment of herbs and know how to use them it takes equally as long or longer waiting for herbs to work and if i have to use herbs that i had to buy it can get pricey.

Iv dabbled in drying and preparing my own which takes a huge amount of time and I'm not exactly sure what I'm doing is actually increasing the potency of the herbs, as my skills for such a task are questionable at best and i don't remember skills/stats and how they affect preparing herbs off hand, i used to know but i haven't done it in a while.

Re: Healer Adept Onsuwayo 02/03/2009 07:16 AM CST
>>herbs that i had to buy it

My Thief used herbs pretty much all the time. If you haven't, you should train stealing (unless you're a Paladin). Steal them as you need them, eat them as you need them. I'd use herbs all throughout the hunt, and only go to the NPC Empath for the worse stuff, and then only to get it down to an herb-able (or nonbleeding) level.

I pretty much never needed PC empaths except for death scars, and those are gone now. (Hooray.)

On a similar note, as the player of an Empath, I'm not at all adverse to more NPC Empaths available -- player Empaths could always just set up shop in the NPC place, after all. Since most PC Empaths need a reasonable population to set up shop (players to heal and teach and socialize with), I think the lack of a PC Empath is sort of a chicken and egg problem. Empaths don't hang out in such places (in general) because they lack the player base that they need to do their Empath thing, and players don't go there because there are no Empaths.

I do think it's fitting that NPC Empaths kind of suck compared to the real thing, though. I see them as needing to conserve their energy and mana, since they're essentially one person ERs. I also don't see the Empath guild taking its best healers and sticking them into those sorts of positions, so the NPCs may even be sort of second-rate dead-end Empaths.

-- Player of Szrael --

Skills Needed for Kaith Partani
Need 285 (500) Empathy.
Have at least 200 in #1 Armor (Light Chain).
Have at least 240 Evasion.
Have at least 160 Shield Usage.
Re: Healer Adept Onsuwayo 02/03/2009 09:11 AM CST
>>I also don't see the Empath guild taking its best healers and sticking them into those sorts of positions, so the NPCs may even be sort of second-rate dead-end Empaths.

Mirinn used to be head of Zoluren, right? The Khalo Moda or something? Although that doesn't necessarily mean she's one of the best healers, just good at playing politics.

~Thilan
Re: Healer Adept Onsuwayo 02/03/2009 09:52 AM CST
I think they either get paid an hourly rate by the province, so they tend to stretch things out, or they get a flat wage that isn't sufficient to motivate them.

That said; my own empath, young though he is, is glad that they're there to deal with all the mooks getting themselves hurt all the time, so they don't have to bug him. He also feels that they're pretty much the prostitutes of the guild, for better or worse, selling their bodies for coin at the beck and call of any random schmoe passing through the province. The notable exception is Dokt who, being a Tog, is smart enough to just use some herbs rather than taking any harm onto himself.

Denstimar Dustyfoot
Idon Raider - www.idonraiders.com
"It's not about making money, it's about taking money; destroying the status quo because the status is not quo." - Dr. Horrible
Re: Healer Adept Onsuwayo 02/03/2009 02:27 PM CST
Probably salaried, not hourly. They also could be in semi-retirement before being put in the Home for Decrepit Empaths, or retired and therefore limited on the amount of work they can do without a negative impact on their retirement benefits. No sense in stressing out in one's infirm age, after all, one put in the hours when one was younger.

Asbhuan
Re: Healer Adept Onsuwayo 02/03/2009 02:37 PM CST
hes supposedly adept iv seen empaths under 10th circle who can heal circles around him if i could tip autopaths to motivate them i would.

right now I'm hoping someone responds to my post in the lore subcategory alchemy section, then i may try using herbs as my primary healing avenue again.

Re: Healer Adept Onsuwayo 02/03/2009 03:25 PM CST
>right now I'm hoping someone responds to my post in the lore subcategory alchemy section, then i may try using herbs as my primary healing avenue again.

Bear in mind that if you partially heal a wound like that, the autopaths won't touch it, and you'll be forced to take care of it on your own.
Re: Healer Adept Onsuwayo 02/03/2009 03:38 PM CST
>>Bear in mind that if you partially heal a wound like that, the autopaths won't touch it, and you'll be forced to take care of it on your own.

ya i know that already.

I'm just wondering at what point with foraging skill is it worth it to try to optimize the form of an herb im only at 87 now but thats easily changed.

As it stands now if i forage a jadice flower, if then dry it and/or turn it into a potion it has no more potency than the original jadice flower.

On the islands there are very few that I'm aware of that have a huge foraging skill.
Re: Healer Adept Onsuwayo 02/04/2009 05:53 PM CST
<<No, that was an honest question. I'm wondering whom I should lobby about places like Muspar'i.>>

Sorry, sometimes it's hard to tell tone from writing.

The recommendation for auto-path changes or suggestions is to post them in the respective province folders for attention to whoever owns that province. That is usually the person or persons that would need to initiate a proposal to have that changed (if they concur it should be).

GM Reexa

Re: Healer Adept Onsuwayo 05/19/2009 08:02 PM CDT
> ...unlike crossing i cant walk to a gathering spot announce i would like to be healed be healed in under a minute tip and head out on my way.

Given my newb MM's recent experiences in the Crossing, I can't wait to get out to the islands where he can afford the autopath. 15 minutes would be lovely.
Re: Healer Adept Onsuwayo 05/19/2009 08:28 PM CDT
<<Given my newb MM's recent experiences in the Crossing, I can't wait to get out to the islands where he can afford the autopath. 15 minutes would be lovely.

If you're in the Crossing area use the auto-healer in Knife Clan instead of Crossing itself. Much better service.

-Evran

Crackling with unspent rage since 386AV.
Re: Healer Adept Onsuwayo 05/19/2009 08:28 PM CDT
My empath will heal you for anywhere from 5 gold to 2 plat.

Rev. Reene

The black panther growls, "Are you blind Tachid? Kill Caelumia."
>
Tachid says, "SHE HAS BLUE FIRE"
Re: Healer Adept Onsuwayo 05/20/2009 12:55 AM CDT
just kinda wondering what the "experiences" were...

you hear all the time about how horrible crossing is, but honestly i have spent lots of time in lots of areas and i just don't think it is nearly as horrible as people want it to be and it is frustrating to hear it all the time. there are more people in crossing, and more experiences (not all will be good, sorry).
Re: Healer Adept Onsuwayo 05/20/2009 06:13 AM CDT
>>you hear all the time about how horrible crossing is

you really only hear this on Ratha, where the sand sprite and swain hunters for some reason develop an uber leetest attitude that seems to make them think they're better than most others. sitting on the green you can almost always hear someone make a disparaging remark about crossing or verbally attacking someone because they disagree with the hive mind and being told to go back to crossing. amusingly enough, this actually makes ratha about 100x worse than crossing ever was to begin with. luckily, if they ever want to break out of the 100s in combats efficiently they have to leave that island and are generally washed of the horrible attitude that seems to be carved into their brains as they ride the skirr

~Arwinia

The Empath spellbook is a riddle trapped in an enigma hidden inside a lot of suck.-Armifer
Re: Healer Adept Onsuwayo 05/20/2009 11:40 AM CDT
>>just kinda wondering what the "experiences" were...<<

For me, I can say that I don't "hate" Crossing but my visits there are short as possible. The reason isn't that I don't like the people (lots of my best buds live there). Its mostly the gwething for me. Mean spirited, taunting or mean gweths bug the hell out of me. I can't speak for every single day since I'm usually out of crossing range, but when I visit there, it's always the case. So, I'm either faced with removing my gweth or just dealing with the "thoughts in my head". So, I simply moved. Other places do have that issue I realize but because of the larger population in crossing, it just naturally has more gwething. But at the same time, I don't run around smearing Crossing in the dirt. It is what it is. Just a big town with big town issues.
Re: Healer Adept Onsuwayo 05/20/2009 12:29 PM CDT
>If you're in the Crossing area use the auto-healer in Knife Clan instead of Crossing itself. Much better service.

Shh, you're supposed to keep it a secret.
Re: Healer Adept Onsuwayo 05/20/2009 12:34 PM CDT
>>Shh, you're supposed to keep it a secret.

Darn you Tyrun I mean, Coper!

~Arwinia

The Empath spellbook is a riddle trapped in an enigma hidden inside a lot of suck.-Armifer
Re: Healer Adept Onsuwayo 05/20/2009 12:37 PM CDT
>Darn you Tyrun I mean, Coper!

Be nice to me, or I'll reveal empath and WM hax.
Re: Healer Adept Onsuwayo 05/20/2009 12:39 PM CDT
>>Be nice to me, or I'll reveal empath and WM hax.

Pffft, I'll roll a bard and become immune to all rules that have been laid down for any other guild and destroy your prime characters without ever leaving town or listening to a combat class.

TAKE THAT

~Arwinia

Re: Healer Adept Onsuwayo 05/20/2009 06:09 PM CDT
Arwinia, I double dog dare you to make that bard.

Nikpack
player of more than I should list

Climbing List:http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Climbing_skill
Swimming List:http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Swimming_skill

And while I am evil, I try to avoid being just plain mean.
-Z
Re: Healer Adept Onsuwayo 08/08/2009 03:51 PM CDT
Arwinia you can train combats in Ratha well over 600
Re: Healer Adept Onsuwayo 08/08/2009 04:22 PM CDT
huh?

~Arwinia

Re: Healer Adept Onsuwayo 08/09/2009 08:36 AM CDT
I think she's referring to the celps on Ratha.

Nikpack

The gods are jerks. No, really.
-Armifer
Re: Healer Adept Onsuwayo 08/09/2009 08:38 AM CDT
lol yeah but WHY

~Arwinia

Re: Healer Adept Onsuwayo 08/09/2009 09:12 AM CDT
ummmm ...

probably because you said "if they ever want to break out of the 100s in combats efficiently they have to leave that island and are generally washed of the horrible attitude that seems to be carved into their brains as they ride the skirr"

GOD. Don't you remember everything you ever wrote on these intuitive and easy to navigate forums?

Nikpack

The gods are jerks. No, really.
-Armifer
Re: Healer Adept Onsuwayo 08/09/2009 09:25 AM CDT
>>GOD. Don't you remember everything you ever wrote on these intuitive and easy to navigate forums?

lol not if it was said months ago

PS Ratha celps are pooptacular

~Arwinia