Small Milestone 05/14/2010 02:29 PM CDT
Name: Father Ashler Race: Elf Guild: Cleric

Plus, thanks for the kudos IG GM Zadraes!
Re: Small Milestone 05/14/2010 02:34 PM CDT
Grats! Have fun on the MF quest!!!
Re: Small Milestone 05/14/2010 02:35 PM CDT
Can't wait! I've loved our all our quests so far. Best time I've ever had playing DR in over 11 years.
Re: Small Milestone 05/14/2010 02:50 PM CDT
Clerics definitely have the best quests in the game (infusion rezz and MF at least). MF is extremely difficult but very well written.
Re: Small Milestone 05/14/2010 03:05 PM CDT
>Clerics definitely have the best quests in the game (infusion rezz and MF at least). MF is extremely difficult but very well written.

While infuse was interesting, 90% of people get ferried through rezz, and I have not done MF yet.

Excluding those, I have no idea how anyone could possibly enjoy cleric syntax quests unless they are a sadomasochist.

Or use a walkthrough, which is not 'enjoying' the quest anymore than using a script and reading the flavor text would be.
Re: Small Milestone 05/14/2010 03:16 PM CDT
The only quest I had any assistance on was the Infuse quest. (at the time I didn't have uncurse or the skill to skin/hunt the creatures needed for the quest) Everything since then I've done on my own. Rezz I died once or twice before getting to the actual quest area, and FOU I died once... sadly right at the end. But they were all great fun, and well written. I'm sure it's been said before, but great job to anyone that worked on the writing of said quests. Can't wait for 51st and MF.
Re: Small Milestone 05/14/2010 04:08 PM CDT
Congratulations!

And yes, us clerics do have the best quests, even if some of them are syntax dependent.

In my opinion, the Rezz one is now the most dangerous. For MF and Infusion, while there certainly is risk, lore-smarts are far more important.

Ryeka

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Small Milestone 05/14/2010 04:11 PM CDT
>>In my opinion, the Rezz one is now the most dangerous. For MF and Infusion, while there certainly is risk, lore-smarts are far more important.

How'd you come to that conclusion? All 3 require some lore knowledge if you're not using a walkthrough but, and i hope this isn't too much of a spoiler for anyone, MF is the only quest that you have to fight.
Re: Small Milestone 05/14/2010 04:21 PM CDT
>>How'd you come to that conclusion? All 3 require some lore knowledge if you're not using a walkthrough but, and i hope this isn't too much of a spoiler for anyone, MF is the only quest that you have to fight.

I wasn't referring strictly to skill ranks; Some of the puzzles require the person on the quest to know the Immortals and turn the brain through some mighty strange permutations. ;)

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

Re: Small Milestone 05/14/2010 05:06 PM CDT
But you said Rezz is more dangerous than MF. That's far from the truth IMO. I solo'd Rezz without dying as a 30th circle but I died doing MF at 52nd. If you're careful there's 0 risk to Rezz, you can't get yourself out of harms way on MF.
Re: Small Milestone 05/14/2010 05:30 PM CDT
Ah, I see. Well, with MF, there are only a couple of spots where I didn't see much running room. With Rezz, there was a long stretch through a maze- and have I said I don't like mazes yet? ;)

That being said, perhaps I will dust off and train up one of my baby clerics just to see if I can solo rezz.