Prev_page Previous 1
made it! 02/18/2008 03:47 PM CST
was kinda bummed that the shield catagory of titles has an armor req to tag along with it. but yeah

Shield Usage: 200 00.05% pondering

booyah!

Verbal.
Re: made it! 02/18/2008 05:06 PM CST
What, you don't have 340 armor? Get to work!

Congrats.

-Father Gheist
Re: made it! 02/18/2008 05:46 PM CST
Yowza! great work Verbal!

"militantly enforcing the overly rigid standards of you and your small collection of friends"
Re: made it! 02/18/2008 08:37 PM CST
Great work, Verbal!

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: made it! 02/21/2008 04:54 PM CST
>was kinda bummed that the shield catagory of titles has an armor req to tag along with it. but yeah

I'm even more bummed that the shield category requires the parry skill.

The following titles of the Shield category are available to you:
Cortege, Protector, Chaperone

Shield Usage: 508 28% mind lock
Leather Armor: 423 43% mind lock
Light Chain: 408 44% mind lock
Re: made it! 02/21/2008 06:36 PM CST
>>I'm even more bummed that the shield category requires the parry skill.

Dang, you have those skills and less than 90 parry??

~Thilan
Re: made it! 02/21/2008 07:43 PM CST
Parry is painfully non-ideal. =P I'm sure a GM will come up with a way to make us all regret not having equal parry ranks someday.

---
"Close your eyes -
For your eyes will only tell the truth..
And the truth isn't what you want to see.
In the dark, it is easy to pretend
That the truth is what it ought to be." - Erik Claudin
Re: made it! 02/21/2008 09:59 PM CST
>>Parry is painfully non-ideal. =P I'm sure a GM will come up with a way to make us all regret not having equal parry ranks someday.

Parry really is =(

I think at the least higher weapon balances (fairly, reasonably, excellently) should enhance performance more than they currently do.
Prime: Malkien
Prime: (Necromancer Bob- coming to DR in '08!)
TF: Ganymede
Re: made it! 02/21/2008 10:00 PM CST
>Dang, you have those skills and less than 90 parry??

Parry Ability: 81 16% clear Multi Opponent: 351 38% perplexed

It is far too late for me to train it now, especially since there's no real benefit.
Re: made it! 02/21/2008 10:09 PM CST
>>It is far too late for me to train it now, especially since there's no real benefit.

This is a little too true for comfort.
Re: made it! 02/21/2008 10:27 PM CST
I have some half-ideas on making parry a good option, but nothing strong or even remotely complete.

---
"Close your eyes -
Re: made it! 02/26/2008 10:36 PM CST
The parry statement is dreadfully true. I think since shield is tert, it should count for my parry ranks.

I train shield, and the cleric guild making me do parry instead just means I have to hunt twice as long. In fact, I've got almost 100 ranks of a blade by just holding it.

I've got 60 in another blade, by doing the same thing.

If they switched parry / shield, I could probably gain five circles overnight.

Rabee
Re: made it! 02/26/2008 11:43 PM CST
>>The parry statement is dreadfully true. I think since shield is tert, it should count for my parry ranks.

Parry is secondary and thus should be a more valuable defense for Clerics (and most guilds for that matter).

Cleric reqs aren't the problem, parry is.
Re: made it! 02/27/2008 12:50 AM CST
>Parry is secondary and thus should be a more valuable defense for Clerics (and most guilds for that matter).

>Cleric reqs aren't the problem, parry is.

Exactly. My thief still values parry somewhat because he can learn it faster, but there's no advantage for my moon mage. My trader would never bother with parry though, and my paladin only trains it because of the requirement.

Armworn shields had a really profound affect (although the various tweaks helped too).
Re: made it! 03/01/2008 04:27 PM CST
my opinion.

Shield is better than parry.

I prefer to train shield. only train parry cause shield gets me fluid.

VErbal!
I made it! 07/19/2008 03:26 PM CDT
I finished the Quest for Resurrection! :) A big BIG thanks goes to Smegul, helped me on the second attempt in. :) And thanks to everybody else. :)
Re: I made it! 07/19/2008 03:32 PM CDT
Congratulations, Kaeko!

I remember when Ressurection was the most dangerous quest for a cleric. Now it's even deadlier. I'm glad you made it!

Ryeka

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

Re: I made it! 07/19/2008 04:06 PM CDT
I actually almost made it the first time, but when it came time to finish I couldn't enter the Void - was injured and bleeding. The candle I had burned out and in the process of trying to exit the area I got blocked by some hierophants and.. well the rest was history. After departing, and last nights crashes of the game or the net, whatever it was, I returned today with Smegul and finished it. :) The quest itself wasn't all that hard. It's those blasted "phants!"

Now, I need to learn how to actually "do" it. Until I raise my first deader, insecurity will persist.
Re: I made it! 07/19/2008 04:14 PM CDT
If you can't figure it out, write my play.net addy. It's great! And the thing is, it can even be done in bad-mana spots- if you know what you're doing.

Ryeka

Re: I made it! 07/19/2008 04:22 PM CDT
Well I'm told by having OM it will be easier, for a new raising cleric. I'm making the assumption raising the dead isn't that simple: takes more than cast rezz at someone which I honestly doubt you do. I plan on getting numerous raises under my belt before I hike it back to Ratha.
Re: I made it! 07/19/2008 04:30 PM CDT
OM does indeed make it much easier, that is true. Resurrection as a spell is a very different beast from what it used to be.

Re: I made it! 07/19/2008 05:13 PM CDT
>OM does indeed make it much easier, that is true. Resurrection as a spell is a very different beast from what it used to be.

In all honesty, I found Raise quite self explanatory (and anyone will tell you, I am not the most intuitive player, ever). I'd recommend spending time in Xings (where there are tons and tons of corpses eager to be raised) just to get the hang of the spell, at your level.

If you have OM and PoM, so much the better. Learn when to charge camb and when not to, and for what spells (etc.).
Re: I made it! 07/19/2008 08:36 PM CDT
Those avatars are giving me a headache now... =P

---
"Close your eyes -
Re: I made it! 07/19/2008 08:38 PM CDT
Hee hee! Kaeko, I suddenly have an evil idea!

Re: I made it! 07/19/2008 08:39 PM CDT
Oh, also:

Don't hesitate to ask people to die for you to practice on. Some people will do it. =P Especially if you have an empath on hand.

---
"Close your eyes -
Re: I made it! 07/19/2008 09:10 PM CDT
If you want to practice, show up to tourney nights. We love Clerics. You'll even get money out of the deal, probably.

Rev. Reene

Idon: Why are we taunting the happy fun Y'shai, again?
Me: Idon know.
Idon: You disgust me.
Me: At least I'm not trying to Phelim up.
Idon: Makes me wonder what she's doing to the World Dragon.
Re: I made it! 07/19/2008 09:33 PM CDT
Tourneys are how I gain back favors I lose from MF. Every now and then, I'll go do the raising at a tourney and will get 2 or 3 favors back while getting to watch some fighting. Good cash is a nice added benefit sometimes, but you have to stay to the end to get that usually and I don't care enough to do that most times.

Unfortunately there are a couple pretty serious downsides for a lower level cleric there. You see a lot of very high circle people who are harder to raise, some of them very much so. You also have to deal with very poor mana, relatively speaking. It's certainly doable, but it isn't easy. Raising in the guild is a much more comfortable deal given all the circumstances.

-Gheist
Re: I made it! 07/19/2008 09:35 PM CDT
People are pretty understanding in tourney environments, though - I don't think I've ever seen someone yell at an Empath or Cleric for going too slow, we just kind of chill until we're ready to go. And it gives you good practice for raising in less ideal conditions, minus the people screaming part (which you will get in invasions).

Rev. Reene

Re: I made it! 07/19/2008 09:35 PM CDT
Actually my cousin's offered to get himself slaughtered as many times as it takes for me to figure it out. I'm just hoping that being a new raising cleric doesn't mean severe difficulty in performing the magic.
Re: I made it! 07/19/2008 09:43 PM CDT
True, no one is going to begrudge a slow raise in a tourney. It's expected and people are going to have to wait to start again no matter what. It's just that you'll finally get ready to raise someone and another cleric will raise them out from under you, which gets frustrating when you're moving slowly. It can be overcome with communication, but it's another thing to deal with.

You're greatest challenge as a young raising cleric will usually be mana management. You'll catch on and develop a routine pretty quickly, though.

-Gheist
Re: I made it! 07/19/2008 09:49 PM CDT
You know- I was about to tell you how I handle it. But since you are a younger cleric than I am, my method might not work.

Re: I made it! 07/19/2008 10:11 PM CDT
>If you want to practice, show up to tourney nights. We love Clerics. You'll even get money out of the deal, probably.

Renee, I'm prolly back playing prime for a while. When're tourney nights? I wouldn't mind the coin, but I'm more interested in messing with rezz right now.

Or at least having something to do other than mindlessly kill grave worms. Can post, IM at kroonermanblack, or hit the play.net addy here, I'll do my best to show up and be a 'pet cleric' for the tourney nights.
Re: I made it! 07/19/2008 10:18 PM CDT
Check out http://www.zerodivides.net/tourney/index.php for scheduled tourney times.

SC also has a tourney folder where they get announced.

Rev. Reene

Re: I made it! 07/20/2008 01:40 AM CDT
Ok, after about an hour trying to figure it out I managed to do it with some help. Spent some hours attempting to raise someone, just plain couln't do it. Most I ever saw (or sensed) was a spirit, but didn't see them by name. Had to finally call it a night after the failure so I guess heavy-duty training is in order to improve the odds. It's my understanding that PM and Harness are both key in it. Also, I couldn't use OM with raising. Not skilled enough. So MD training is of course in order.

Now, I have some 141 TDP to spend. My wisdom is at 21, everything else is at 20. Anything I can pump that TDP into to maybe improve my odds at raising?
Re: I made it! 07/20/2008 02:09 AM CDT
Ouch, yes. Get some MD. OM is invaluable at <300 (maybe <400) magics for rezz when dealing with bigger people.

For comparisons sake, at 46th circle, people vary from approx 40 mana to raise (these are littler people with enough favors) to over 400 mana (these are big people, higher 100s circle, who need to walk cuz they dun have enough favors).

A couple hundred in held mana rezz doesn't phase me much at this point (480s magics), doing 20 mana per infuse. Lil guys are a breeze, requiring something like 30 seconds of my time total. Only time I tend to use orb now is if I'm waiting for a gate/trail to a body, useful for preparing in advance.

Fun times!
collect ceb root
>
You manage to collect a pile of cebi roots.
Roundtime: 102 sec.
Re: I made it! 07/20/2008 02:59 AM CDT
We don't know for sure, but the most favorable theory is that Charisma will help with raising.

---
"Close your eyes -
Re: I made it! 07/20/2008 03:14 AM CDT
>For comparisons sake, at 46th circle, people vary from approx 40 mana to raise (these are littler people with enough favors) to over 400 mana (these are big people, higher 100s circle, who need to walk cuz they dun have enough favors).

From my testing, the bare minimum to see someone is 50 mana. Could be wrong, haven't done a ton of testing. 50 just felt too exact to be a coincidence :)
Re: I made it! 07/20/2008 04:40 AM CDT
I don't think 50 is the bare minimum, as there are some people I only have to infuse at 20 mana twice and I see them (little people) - I noticed this because I'd harness 50 mana, infuse 20 twice, and already see them (a lot of times I like to harn 50, infuse 20 twice, harn 50, infuse 20 3 times when dealing with smaller people). Never done 25 mana, so I didn't do that =)

Mighta been me imagining things tho.

Fun times!
collect ceb root
>
You manage to collect a pile of cebi roots.
Roundtime: 102 sec.
Re: I made it! 07/20/2008 07:19 AM CDT
Ucu if you're in Shard area you can test on Averalaan as well. She's played guinea pig to many when they wanted to test new abilities/spells.
Re: I made it! 07/20/2008 10:09 AM CDT
Well, I've been following this:

prep rezz
harn 7
cast (when spell is ready - not sure if I really need to wait)
harn 7 (sometimes at this point I fail - doesn't seem to be enough)
infuse rezz 7

From that point on while it's up:

harn 7
infuse rezz 7

If I try to harness and infuse any higher, I simply backfire my arse into the next room.
Prev_page Previous 1