Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page
Re: Some cleric spell changes 04/24/2013 02:20 PM CDT
Casting OM uses the standard Utility and Holy Magic skill blend to determine how much mana you can use per cast. This applies to the original cast as well refreshing casts. The size of the orb is determined based on your Holy Magic skill when the orb is created. Roundtime reduction for touching or breaking the orb is based on Arcana. Roundtime reduction for casting OM is based on Holy Magic. Infusions loss is reduced by Arcana. OM casts always use 100% of the mana you are able to use to cast.

While I was double checking these numbers I did come across an issue with refreshing OM casts that was causing a less than a 1:1 ratio of mana invested to mana saved. This was probably not an issue when the spell scaled to 100, except for very low value casts. With the spell scaling to 200, though, it seems to have caused a reduction across the board for all mana ranges. This has now been fixed, so you should expect to be able to fill an orb through casting with less effort.

AGM Ricinus
Dev Systems
Cleric Advocate
Re: Some cleric spell changes 04/24/2013 06:39 PM CDT
>The size of the orb is determined based on your Holy Magic skill when the orb is created.

Base, or buffed? Should I cast SAP for a better orb, under, say, 500 magics?

Pants.
Re: Some cleric spell changes 04/24/2013 07:04 PM CDT
Thank you for telling us this infomation, its very helpful.
Re: Some cleric spell changes 04/24/2013 07:18 PM CDT
>>Base, or buffed? Should I cast SAP for a better orb, under, say, 500 magics?

Buffed. Nope. :)

>>Thank you for telling us this infomation, its very helpful.

Just about all of that has been mentioned before in one way or another. That was mostly just a consolidation. But very welcome.

AGM Ricinus
Dev Systems
Cleric Advocate
Re: Some cleric spell changes 04/25/2013 09:15 AM CDT
>>Base, or buffed? Should I cast SAP for a better orb, under, say, 500 magics?

>>Buffed. Nope. :)

I think that's because SAP doesn't boost Holy Magic, but all the other skills. Need to find reliable Holy Magic booster ...

Nikpack
Re: Some cleric spell changes 04/25/2013 12:57 PM CDT

Good catch Nikpack- I blew right past that. So I need to find a helpful moon mage if I want to make my orb bigger by any sizeable amount...I don't think the boost from my totem would do much.
Re: Some cleric spell changes 04/25/2013 01:13 PM CDT
You thinking predictions? Can moon mages still predict primary magic? They have another spell, perhaps aus?
Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page