Creatures of the Dark Gods 04/18/2016 07:27 PM CDT
I didn't know where to ask this question so hopefully this is appropriate.

Every time I clean over various factors surrounding the Dark Gods I always notice a few things I've never seen crop up in game regarding creatures that were supposedly created by the Dark aspects. Looking at Centaurs, Werebeasts, Vampires, etc.

Are these just outdated lore bits that have been retconned or are these actually supposedly to exist somewhere on the face of Elanthia?
Re: Creatures of the Dark Gods 04/18/2016 10:06 PM CDT
Immortal lore is a bit of a strange beast, if you'll pardon the expression. Officially, vampires don't exist. However, they are mentioned in The Immortals- which is a very old book. As for werebeasts- well, we do have Rakash! I'm not so sure about centaurs, unless someone had an encounter with Horse Clan while very drunk.

Ryeka

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Creatures of the Dark Gods 04/18/2016 10:12 PM CDT
Centaurs I think are essentially a divine beast much like the unicorn, which is only seen when that particular Immortal is directly intervening. I may be wrong.

Vampires are mentioned in two places, both the very old book The Immortals and the much more recent book The Undying Threat, where the legends of them are described as folktales about actual necromantic beings.

Thayet
@thayelf // http://thayette.tumblr.com

"But you must know that if corruption is powerful enough, it's not corruption at all — it's law. Unspoken, unwritten, but law." — Robert Jackson Bennett, City of Stairs
Re: Creatures of the Dark Gods 04/19/2016 07:34 AM CDT
>>ENOTS

Ha. I have no idea why I forgot Rakash. Duh.

>>Vampires are mentioned in two places, both the very old book The Immortals and the much more recent book The Undying Threat, where the legends of them are described as folktales about actual necromantic beings.

That's interesting, I'll have to check out Undying Threat again. Thanks