Racial Patrons 06/22/2015 06:34 AM CDT
For the core Kermorian races-

Kertigen: Dwarves

Glythtide: Halflings

Eluned: Elotheans

Hav'roth: S'Kra Mur

While many Immortals seem popular with Humans and Elves, is any one considered the chief deity? And what about poor Gor'Togs?
Re: Racial Patrons 06/22/2015 08:34 AM CDT
The Gor'Tog race is a 'late addition' historically speaking, I believe. They were a troll-like race employed as slaves by the S'Kra Mur, so it would stand to reason that the pantheon existed prior to their inclusion as one of the seven intelligent races. Humans and Elves on the other hand are pretty prolific, and as I recall several immortals appear as either Humans or Elves.

I

Kneebiter Zhunee just arrived.
R>
Zhunee glances around the room and says, "Someone pull my finger."
R>
Kneebiter Zhunee runs west.
Re: Racial Patrons 06/22/2015 08:43 AM CDT
Lemicus is the patron of Elves. It took me a minute of searching to find it, but I knew Elves had one.

Idon is always represented as a human in his portraits... just a tidbit.

No love for Gor'Togs as far as I know however.
Re: Racial Patrons 06/22/2015 08:59 AM CDT
I like the idea (touched upon in another thread) of Gor'Togs having a primitive religion that their ancestors followed before being inducted into worship of the Thirteen; someone should do some analysis of their language and history and put together a proposal and email it to whoever owns Gor'Togs these days.

I

R>
R>
Re: Racial Patrons 06/22/2015 11:23 AM CDT

I want to say Truffenyi is a patron of Humans but I could be off.
Re: Racial Patrons 06/22/2015 11:36 AM CDT
>>I want to say Truffenyi is a patron of Humans but I could be off.

Pretty sure that's correct.
Re: Racial Patrons 06/22/2015 01:59 PM CDT
Drogor could be the patron deity of Gor'togs. At least, he's the only deity that presents himself as a 'Tog, as far as I've seen. Kinda fits with Eluned and Lemicus being patrons as well?

Raesh - "Moon Mages see stars when they do it."
Re: Racial Patrons 06/22/2015 02:58 PM CDT
>> Drogor could be the patron deity of Gor'togs. At least, he's the only deity that presents himself as a 'Tog, as far as I've seen.

Does he?

I

R>
R>
Re: Racial Patrons 06/22/2015 06:47 PM CDT
>>I like the idea (touched upon in another thread) of Gor'Togs having a primitive religion that their ancestors followed before being inducted into worship of the Thirteen; someone should do some analysis of their language and history and put together a proposal and email it to whoever owns Gor'Togs these days.

I posted this in the Gor'Togs folder:

Anyone notice the Gor'Tog word for "god" dawan is similar to the word for "burn" dawanaka?

And that even though "cougar" is listed as nawa in the Gor'Tog Language books, in the Grammar book it's listed as dawa. And that "tiger" and "cougar" are both nawa in the Gor'Tog Language books, while "devil" is nawalh? Which is correct, dawa or nawa?

Maybe ancient Gor'Togs worshipped burning big devil cats? Or made sacrifices to the gods by burning cats? I noticed no word for lion or panther, but there is for cat and bobcat.

Some other words I noticed.

Cleric- Amalat
understand- amalanaka
Re: Racial Patrons 06/22/2015 08:14 PM CDT

I always thought elotheans worshipped Meraud. Probably because of my time as a moonmage and the Wolf constellation says he is the god of the Elothean race. But, the wiki on Eluned says she is the chief diety, so maybe its both?
Re: Racial Patrons 06/22/2015 09:42 PM CDT

I want to say the mythology runs that the Elotheans were created by the pure will of Meraud.
Re: Racial Patrons 06/22/2015 10:47 PM CDT
>>I want to say the mythology runs that the Elotheans were created by the pure will of Meraud.

That's EXACTLY what the Elotheans want you to believe!!

It does seem lie Elanthian religion would be dominated by the folks with the power and influence to pull strings, right?