Deity Worship 03/22/2011 01:43 AM CDT
Are there any negatives to worshiping a "dark" deity other than role-play issues? I have chosen a Neutral deity for role-play issues but was wondering if there were any actual implications on "who" you worship?
Re: Deity Worship 03/22/2011 01:53 AM CDT
Not really, but there was a post about alignments added with Everything 3.0. Should give you a bonus/loss to certain magic subskills depending on which diety you follow. I'd bet the dark gods would favor the debilitations and target nicely though, which should work for your PvP cleric but it's all up in the air.

Aside from that...

Horn looks cooler 'cause the Unicorn isn't shiny.
Dark aspect beads are the toughest to carve.
You look kinda evil every time you cast Benediction.

-Rambliin

Your spirit is weakened beyond its ability to sustain your body!

A panicked scream pierces the air. "Murderer!" You notice the nearby citizenry looking your way for the moment, before most quickly run off in fear.
Re: Deity Worship 03/22/2011 02:53 PM CDT
What Rambliin said. Choose your deity based upon who fits your view of your character.

Clerics are just so cuddly you can't get mad at them, until they try to rip your soul out and chew on it like a candy bar.
Re: Deity Worship 03/22/2011 09:38 PM CDT
Isn't the color of FoU also affected by Immortal choice?

>>Horn looks cooler 'cause the Unicorn isn't shiny
You can keep your mopey Goth unicorn, I like my sparkly Twilight-vampire unicorn!

Tachid smugly exclaims, "Die midget!"
Re: Deity Worship 09/04/2011 04:14 AM CDT

Saddist thing with Magic 3.0 is that everybody is getting an evil unicorn.

That being said Harm Evil also changes color depending on your deity of choice.
As good almost kill a man as kill a good book; who kills a man kills a reasonable creature, God's image; but he who destroys a good book, kills reason itself, kills the image of God, as it were in the eye.
-John Milton
Re: Deity Worship 12/30/2011 04:58 AM CST
A ton of spells change colors depending on which way you are aligned. FoU, Bless, HE, HH (I assume), Sanctify Pattern, Fist of Faenella, Horn. And of course your aura changes with Benediction.

Terra