Hollow's Eve 2010 Prayer Mats 11/01/2010 04:43 AM CDT
So for those who missed them, I wanted to share the looks of this year's prayer mats. I also want to commend the GM(s) who made these for not only the awesome design but the cool lore fit into them. I never knew these figures existed (well except the Starry Host but I never new much about the mythos surrounding it neither).

a handwoven rose prayer mat portraying a blind Elothean madwoman
Short: a rose prayer mat
Worn: Shoulder-worn.
Cost: 721600 Dokoras
Read: "The first mortal to glimpse Kerenhappuch's Skirt, Widaneir is said to have wasted away her life with the curse of burning jealousy branded upon her soul. In death, she was bound to the service of the irony-loving goddess. ~ Crafted by Weaver."
Look: The woman sits among several unalluring brown peahens. A blazing iridescent hue fills her otherwise empty eyesockets, and her long-nailed hands claw the air.

a handwoven teal prayer mat portraying an armored Dwarven zealot
Short: a teal prayer mat
Read: "One of the few spirit-helpers whose mortal forms are known to have lived in the modern times, Valtusk is notable for sacrificing his life as a Kertigen priest and becoming the Asketian General for the greater good. Many believe that this stalwart soul was returned to his god after his service to the goddess concluded. ~ Crafted by Weaver."
Look: The zealot appears surrounded by an army of fearsome creatures at a respectful distance. His sorrowful face is turned to the sky, his beard heavy with snow and ice.

a handwoven saffron prayer mat portraying an emaciated Human elder
Short: a saffron prayer mat
Read: "Literally 'dearth' in S'Kra Mur, Srakh is said to have possessed so great a devotion, as a mortal, that he underwent a fast-to-death in the name of Ushnish. Many superstitious S'Kra attribute their mistrust of Humans to this spirit. ~ Crafted by Weaver."
Look: The elder is seen approaching a village, famine and drought befalling it as he harbingers divine fury.

a handwoven ashen prayer mat portraying a giant of starry blackness
Short: an ashen prayer mat
Read: "The guardian of the Void, Starry Host is the most well-known spirit-helper and the earliest one encountered in history. Some say he was Keloryon the First Elf in life; some say he is merely an automaton of Urrem'tier. ~ Crafted by Weaver."
Look: The giant stands before a nebulous gate in the night sky, unmoving as a mountain.

a handwoven jade prayer mat portraying a silver-haired shadowy man
Short: a jade prayer mat
Read: "The great spirit-warrior of Hodierna and protector of mortalkind, Karszen is awakened from his divine slumber to battle Maelshyve's evil whenever she has reached from the Abyss through the millennia. ~ Crafted by Weaver."
Look: The man wields an enruned scythe in one hand and a shard of black metal in the other. Torn midnight-blue scales are scattered in the air all around him.

Nikpack
Re: Hollow's Eve 2010 Prayer Mats 11/01/2010 09:20 AM CDT
>>I never knew these figures existed (well except the Starry Host but I never new much about the mythos surrounding it neither).

Not sure about Widaneir and Srakh, but Valtusk and Karszen are pretty recent [Saints?] from the more current timeline.

http://elanthipedia.com/wiki/Valtusk
http://elanthipedia.com/wiki/Karszen

"We're not "out to get you," we're here to enhance your playing experience with extreme prejudice.," DR-ARMIFER
Re: Hollow's Eve 2010 Prayer Mats 11/01/2010 10:20 AM CDT
Super neat. Thanks Tev :)

Nikpack
Re: Hollow's Eve 2010 Prayer Mats 11/01/2010 11:58 AM CDT
I managed to grab a dwarf one. Anyone want to buy it?
Re: Hollow's Eve 2010 Prayer Mats 11/02/2010 10:22 AM CDT
Things that make you go hmmmm:

>>Sanyu Lyba...Summons a spirit creature

>>In death, she was bound to the service of the irony-loving goddess.

>>One of the few spirit-helpers whose mortal forms are known to have lived in the modern times...

>>Many superstitious S'Kra attribute their mistrust of Humans to this spirit.

>>The guardian of the Void, Starry Host is the most well-known spirit-helper and the earliest one encountered in history.

>>The great spirit-warrior of Hodierna and protector of mortalkind...

~Thilan