religious experiences 11/28/2009 12:28 AM CST
I sort of wish that non Clerics could have some form of religious experience as part of game play outside of very rare rp events where everyone in the room feels or sees x.

Or the recent development losing all your favors having a spirit drain/death due to enraging the gods.

Celitha
Re: religious experiences 11/28/2009 12:36 AM CST
Define "religious experience"? I can think of several places in-game where you can do things I would say qualify.

Rev. Reene

Your mind hears Khurek thinking, "Perhaps some of you should realize something is wrong with your argument when even the province's premier heretic is preaching against you."
Re: religious experiences 11/28/2009 03:01 AM CST
Would any if not all of the devotion rituals count as religious experiences? On top of that, the commune/ability quests (which come fairly regularly up until circle 30) usually has a character meeting an Immortal's avatar in those.

So maybe I'm misunderstanding what you were thinking of as well.

Nikpack

The gods are jerks. No, really.
-Armifer
Re: religious experiences 11/28/2009 03:06 AM CST
>So maybe I'm misunderstanding what you were thinking of as well.

You skipped over 'non-clerics.' Still, the whole Favor system is pretty chock-to-the-gills with religious experiences.

"...I am inclined to think the focus of the [Warmage's] spellbook should be ways to make things explode, to help you make things explode, or to assist your victim in exploding." -Armifer
Re: religious experiences 11/28/2009 03:19 AM CST
well, if it counts as a religious experience, whenever you try to steal in a holy place, damaris whispers in your ear.

The undead hordes would like to take this moment to remind you that they are quite happy to eat your brains so that you may test new depart.Please consider it.Hugs and kisses, Team Necro.
Re: religious experiences 11/28/2009 03:32 AM CST
>>Still, the whole Favor system is pretty chock-to-the-gills with religious experiences.

Emphasis on this. While I'd love to bring awareness of the Immortals deeper into general gameplay, bear in mind that religious faith blooms in the real world without any religious experience so dramatic as being teleported to some other realm where you go on ordeals to prove your worth to be bodily reincarnated by the gods themselves.

-Armifer
"In our days truth is taken to result from the effacing of the living man behind the mathematical structures that think themselves out in him, rather than he be thinking them." - Emmanuel Levinas
Re: religious experiences 11/28/2009 05:22 AM CST
ayup. thats one of the things that "inspired" my character, from a family of thieves, to join the necromancers. Somehow, pitting yourself against the immortals who can smite you at any point is a bit more challenging than stealing the stuffing out of every last shop in muspar'i.

:-)

The undead hordes would like to take this moment to remind you that they are quite happy to eat your brains so that you may test new depart.Please consider it.Hugs and kisses, Team Necro.