Immortal dedication? 05/08/2008 06:43 PM CDT
I may have missed this in a past discussion, but are there any plans to allow players to show their devotion to a certain God/Goddess in some fashion? Be it post titles or what have you?
Are there any plans to allow players to pray to the aspects of the 13 to gain favors?

If so, will any of these plans/options be open to non Clerics?

Thanks!

~Terra
Fire Dancer of Velaka
Re: Immortal dedication? 05/08/2008 06:52 PM CDT
Titles based on last favor gained and number of favors would be neat.

Rev. Reene

Me: Are...are you listening to Britney Spears?
Idon: You have Evanescence on your playlist. You don't get to judge me.
Re: Immortal dedication? 05/08/2008 08:18 PM CDT
>>Be it post titles or what have you?

Once upon a time, this was actually planned. However, the GM never delivered the list to Solomon/Obseden before he took off.

>>Are there any plans to allow players to pray to the aspects of the 13 to gain favors?

You can already do this on Aspect-specific altars. You may need the altar cleaned by a cleric (non-Clerics are above such menial labor), but other than that... people in the Lang/Theren area most typically get favors from Kuniyo.

>>If so, will any of these plans/options be open to non Clerics?

This really does need to happen.

---
"Close your eyes -
For your eyes will only tell the truth..
And the truth isn't what you want to see.
In the dark, it is easy to pretend
That the truth is what it ought to be." - Erik Claudin
Re: Immortal dedication? 05/10/2008 11:46 AM CDT
There is an altar to Murrula, an aspect of Faenella, just outside of Aesry Surlaenis'a on the island of Surlaenis from which one can get favor orbs.

Re: Immortal dedication? 05/10/2008 01:24 PM CDT
Jumping on to this thread, and mostly as a request for my paladin (I'll post this in the P-folders as well), can we have all aspects of the 39 getting some flavor as well? I like that the Prydeans (and one would imagine Rakash and Kaldar getting their racial gods "Soon!") have their choices, but as far as the 39 go, there is still a lot of ground to be covered. Hodiernia, Chadatru, Damaris, and Urrem'tier all have a lot of flavor for all their aspects, but some of the others are a little bit ignored. For example:

>[Truffenyi's Fountain]
>The grassy green surrounds a large, sparkling white marble fountain. At the fountain's center is a statue of the god Truffenyi, in mortal form, rendered by the carver as a strong muscular human warrior. The water arcs from the rim of the fountain and rains down from above on the statue which gazes patiently on the mortal world. Within the pool of the fountain are smaller carvings of the deity's aspects, the weasel and the magpie.
>Obvious paths: northwest.
>>look alt
>I could not find what you were referring to.
>push stat with bad
>I don't think pushing that would have any effect.
>push fount with alt
>I don't think pushing that would have any effect.

And there are several others who could use some love.

But, you know, Truffenyi first, if you could, please.
Re: Immortal dedication? 05/10/2008 02:39 PM CDT
>>as far as the 39 go, there is still a lot of ground to be covered

QFT.

---
"Close your eyes -
Re: Immortal dedication? 05/10/2008 04:20 PM CDT
Thank you for your information on Murrula. Are there any places to get favor orbs for Albreda or Lemicus by chance? Harawep?

~Terra
Fire Dancer of Velaka
Re: Immortal dedication? 05/10/2008 04:34 PM CDT
Lemicus has an altar in the temple in the lake on Aesry. And I believe the Tiger Clan church is dedicated to Albreda- But I've never tried to get a favor there.

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Immortal dedication? 05/10/2008 04:45 PM CDT
>>Thank you for your information on Murrula. Are there any places to get favor orbs for Albreda or Lemicus by chance? Harawep?

Harawep has one in Darkmist Moor (northeast of Shard), but all 39 aspects have altars that can grant orbs in the Crossing Temple, so that's the easiest place.
Re: Immortal dedication? 05/10/2008 04:49 PM CDT
This helps if you're not in Zoluren:

http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Altar_List

flip
Flip what?

My website of cleric info: http://hometown.aol.com/kaliradr/myhomepage/profile.html
Re: Immortal dedication? 05/10/2008 04:52 PM CDT
I don't know how I went through life not knowing this. So I can get an actual Albreda orb or a Harawep orb by offering the appropriate offering on the altar? That's fabulous.

~Terra
Fire Dancer of Velaka
Re: Immortal dedication? 05/10/2008 05:44 PM CDT
What type of flavor do people want to see?

Some notes first, not all altars are going to grant favors nor will there be an altar to every god in every province. Also not every altar will be to work with your badges. The current version of them is actually maxed out and even if it wasn't there are several hundred altars so its just not going to work.

GM Lirrak
Cleric Guru1
Re: Immortal dedication? 05/10/2008 06:01 PM CDT
>> What type of flavor do people want to see?

Titles? Heh.

"Hand of Idon" would be nice...albeit slightly dirty.

Rev. Reene

Re: Immortal dedication? 05/10/2008 06:10 PM CDT
I would like to see the title "Favored of Meraud," or whichever Immortal you have a/many favor/s with.

Also nice would be something related to the animal avatar of the gods.

-Gheist, Wolf of Meraud
Re: Immortal dedication? 05/10/2008 06:28 PM CDT
I'd love to see titles as well. Here as some I'm thinking of off the top of my head

Albreda - Peacemaker, Dove, Midwife
Harawep - Widow Maker
Idon - Heathen, Chaos Drummer, Reaver, Gypsy (I realize two of those are also existing titles)
Phelim - Dreamweaver (shared with Bards Guild)

Those are just some thoughts, I'd also like to see titles based on how many favors you have, ranging from things such as Devotee of <Immortal> to..well, as Caelumia suggested, maybe Hand of <Immortal>.

~Terra
Fire Dancer of Velaka
Re: Immortal dedication? 05/10/2008 06:38 PM CDT
Heh, Heathen. I don't think that's a particularly relevant title for Immortal worship, but I would love it.

Rev. Reene

Re: Immortal dedication? 05/10/2008 07:10 PM CDT
Messenger of (Immortal)- if that's not too long for the parser to handle, that is.
Chosen of (Immortal)
(Immortal's) Favored

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

Re: Immortal dedication? 05/10/2008 09:51 PM CDT
Heathen could be for those with zero favors.

J'Lo, I'm a ranger.. I'd believe anything.....
The Manipulation List -- http://symphaena.com/index.html
Re: Immortal dedication? 05/11/2008 06:51 AM CDT
I'd like to see something for Togs.

We know that Hav'roth has S'kra, Truffenyi Elotheans, Kertigen the Dwarves, Glythtide the Halfling - but which god is particularly fond of the big folks? If we can vote, I'd say Everild, being that so many togs are Barbarians, and there are many everild symbols and titles of him and his aspects within that guild.

<<Because it's a gigantic can of worms. Eldritch, necrotic, squamous worms, writhing in a vile stew of coagulating ichor, crushed from the living gullets of a thousand infant puppies, ululating in wordless terror. - Lorz>>
Re: Immortal dedication? 05/11/2008 07:52 AM CDT
I would like to see the altars in the temples of light and dark in Shard work like the main temple in crossing as far as favors go.

~Hanryu Ves'Shomis
Sword of House Calibanor, Ambassador of the Ilithi Court, Emerald Knight, Keeper of the CEC, ... still a Ranger
http://www.kynevon.info/CombatEquipmentCompendium.xls
Re: Immortal dedication? 05/11/2008 08:31 AM CDT
Understandable about the nobadgey-update, but I was always sad that some Gods were duplicated and Meraud isn't on there.

As far as favor-related titles, my question is about God selection... Originally with me / monk, if I got a favor from Meraud, he addressed me and Meraud, and my Resurrections call upon Meraud. I haven't got a REAL favor since 2002 or so, when I came back the second time we got favors for Raises. Who does those favors get logged in as? Would they all have counted as "Meraud" favors, or does the system even recognize a list of who favors I got from who? If so, a neat-o title would be for someone who had all 39 Gods at least one favor fom each.

Rabee
Re: Immortal dedication? 05/11/2008 08:55 AM CDT
>>I'd like to see something for Togs.

>>We know that Hav'roth has S'kra, Truffenyi Elotheans, Kertigen the Dwarves, Glythtide the Halfling - but which god is particularly fond of the big folks? If we can vote, I'd say Everild, being that so many togs are Barbarians, and there are many everild symbols and titles of him and his aspects within that guild.

I'll have to re-read The Immortals to find anything more. But I remember that Drogor's chosen form- when he chooses to physically appear- is that of a Gor'Tog.

Ryeka

Re: Immortal dedication? 05/11/2008 12:45 PM CDT
Both resurrection and the monk in Crossings go by your last favor gained. Favors received from resurrections are given the same as whatever your last favor was.
Re: Immortal dedication? 05/11/2008 02:41 PM CDT
There's supposed to be a thing in the works to let us change who we're dedicated to. I don't know if that's still planned.

---
"Close your eyes -