Blade Barrier 01/20/2017 02:29 PM CST
Let's get one of the Cleric Classics in the game! Blade Barrier can be a cyclic TM spell that does slicing and holy damage. Cast at either melee, pole, or ranged. And only dealing damage to critters in that area.

This could be some sort of blend of Holy and Lunar (think TKS effect but with a divine twist) and fall under the Antinomic Sorcery school).

Just some thoughts - as usual.
Re: Blade Barrier 01/20/2017 09:21 PM CST

We have halo already. It is a circle around the cleric and hits as it pulses.
Re: Blade Barrier 01/20/2017 10:42 PM CST
>> We have halo already. It is a circle around the cleric and hits as it pulses.

Yes but this is a very different type of spell aside from manifesting itself as a circle. In fact the two spells could work together in tandem very well.

Think you have a blade barrier stationed at pole or ranged and your halo pulses and shoves them from melee and into said spot. Followed by a well placed soul bond to attempt to hold them there. There are so many fantastic combinations and ways to make combat more engaging with a spell like this. And with the new sorcery blends it feels like a great time to look into it.

Also - Because I don't know the extent of what the Antinomic Sorcery book would include and cyclic spells are already more 'difficult' to cast so it certainly doesn't have to be a cyclic spell - even a short duration type spell - a duration similar to Sanyu Lyba or Halo (a few minutes) with the ability to push and pull it from one range to another via INFUSE.
Re: Kertigan's Will 01/26/2017 05:49 AM CST

I see your point, but if you just want to pull someone from hiding then use FoU. Rev also has some non-combat usages which is nice, and isn't watch stronger than 20%?
Re: Kertigan's Will 01/26/2017 06:59 AM CST
I'm fairly sure I've tested FoU to pull from hiding with no success. I'll do more to verify but I don't think that works.

HyH can hit in hiding but doesn't allow pointing and doesn't pull

AE can pull from hiding but you need to cast at them while they are not hidden first.
Re: Kertigan's Will 01/26/2017 07:36 AM CST
I further clarified with who I was testing this with and they were dodging the FoU which could account for not losing hiding. Like I said - I'd have to play with it more.
Re: Kertigan's Will 01/26/2017 02:46 PM CST

Yes FoU will still pull people from hiding, but it has to hit them.