Magic 3.1 changes and updates 10/15/2013 07:57 AM CDT
Are any of our spells going to be seeing anything like the minor/major revisions that were posted over in the Moon Mage forums?
Additionally, do we have any updates on KW, Revelation, and Abeyant Orison, and any other old spells I forgot (or new planned ones)?
Re: Magic 3.1 changes and updates 10/15/2013 08:06 AM CDT
I'd suggest to gather up a list of known buddy things with clerical spells and make a list and then post that list.

---
"I think anything that forces you to do something no sane adventurer would do just in order to train is ridiculous."
DR-SOCHARIS

---
Victory Over Lyras, on the 397th year and 156 days since the Victory of Lanival the Redeemer.
Re: Magic 3.1 changes and updates 10/15/2013 11:57 AM CDT
>>Are any of our spells going to be seeing anything like the minor/major revisions that were posted over in the Moon Mage forums?

Most of the spellslot, signature spell, and buff style tweaking has already been done for Clerics and is live in all instances. 3.1 will have Revelation, and some back end changes to the group cast buffs to allow the cast <self/group/area>.

FGM Ricinus
Logistics Lead
Magic, Sentients Team Member
Cleric Advocate
Re: Magic 3.1 changes and updates 10/15/2013 02:10 PM CDT
Thanks, Ricinus!
Re: Magic 3.1 changes and updates 10/16/2013 12:33 PM CDT
>Most of the spellslot, signature spell, and buff style tweaking has already been done for Clerics and is live in all instances. 3.1 will have Revelation, and some back end changes to the group cast buffs to allow the cast <self/group/area>.

So was KW scrapped? I remember hearing that they wanted to shy away from guilds having buffs/debuffs to their tert skills, but this has already been ignored dozenfold by every guild (and many other spells are far greater offenders, Clerics included) - so I certainly hope that isn't the only reason if so.
Re: Magic 3.1 changes and updates 10/16/2013 01:45 PM CDT
>>So was KW scrapped?

Nope, we're just dividing time between all the guilds for getting the last few spells done, while continuing to balance and rework existing ones. The original plan for KW was a aoe stealth debilitation, and as far as I know it hasn't changed. AO is the other cleric spell mentioned, and I'm not sure its functionality from 2.1 has as much need in 3.x, so it may sail away quietly in the night or return as something different.

FGM Ricinus
Logistics Lead
Cleric Advocate
Re: Magic 3.1 changes and updates 10/17/2013 07:04 PM CDT
What is Revelations?
Re: Magic 3.1 changes and updates 10/17/2013 08:58 PM CDT
>>What is Revelations?

http://elanthipedia.org/w/index.php/Revelation

FGM Ricinus
Logistics Lead
Cleric Advocate
Re: Magic 3.1 changes and updates 10/18/2013 06:24 AM CDT
Sorry, I meant 'What is revelation 3.1?'.

What changes are being made to the spell?
Re: Magic 3.1 changes and updates 10/18/2013 09:35 AM CDT
>What is Revelations?

A book of The New Testament.
Re: Magic 3.1 changes and updates 10/18/2013 10:10 AM CDT
Meh, fantasy is really hit or miss with me.
Re: Magic 3.1 changes and updates 10/18/2013 10:20 AM CDT
>>What changes are being made to the spell?

Aside from it being a cyclic, the functionality is about the same.

FGM Ricinus
Logistics Lead
Cleric Advocate