Resurrection question 08/13/2009 02:17 PM CDT
Do you need an empty spell slot to obtain resurrection? Can't find info anywhere so appreciate any help.

And apologies if this should be elsewhere or has been answered...I've been looking so long for the answer I'm now crosseyed...like the gerbils!!

TIA
Re: Resurrection question 08/13/2009 02:22 PM CDT
I believe soul bond counts as the resurrection spell slot, doesn't it? An I totally off my rocker?

- George, Player of Foresee
Re: Resurrection question 08/13/2009 02:24 PM CDT
>>I believe soul bond counts as the resurrection spell slot, doesn't it? An I totally off my rocker?>>

You're correct. Resurrection itself doesn't require an empty slot.

MF/FoU (our two other quest spells) DO require a spell slot.
Re: Resurrection question 08/13/2009 02:25 PM CDT
>>I believe soul bond counts as the resurrection spell slot, doesn't it? An I totally off my rocker?

I'm not sure if that's the official reason but Rezz does not require an open spell slot. FoU and MF do though
Re: Resurrection question 08/13/2009 02:26 PM CDT
Thank you very much...was preparing for a trip to Throne City!!
Re: Resurrection question 08/14/2009 10:12 AM CDT
Since we're on the subject. Other than circle 30 requirement for the spell is there any other required skills that you should have before attempting to complete it?

Same question for MF, other than circle 50 req, any skills you need to pass the area?

No wonder you're late. Why, this watch is exactly two days slow.
Re: Resurrection question 08/14/2009 10:21 AM CDT
I'd recommend 300 evasion, but that's only because I'm mean.

---
"Close your eyes -
For your eyes will only tell the truth..
And the truth isn't what you want to see.
In the dark, it is easy to pretend
That the truth is what it ought to be." - Erik Claudin
Re: Resurrection question 08/14/2009 10:48 AM CDT
>>Since we're on the subject. Other than circle 30 requirement for the spell is there any other required skills that you should have before attempting to complete it?

Oddly enough, I think this quest is more dangerous than that for MF. I suggest swimming and climbing, and a good ranger or paladin companion.

>>Same question for MF, other than circle 50 req, any skills you need to pass the area?

It's not an official hard requirement, but I do recommend at least 100 in climbing for this one. A decent amount of TM and combat skill wouldn't hurt. I also suggest a full herb pouch.

Good luck!

Ryeka

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy