GG 05/19/2009 11:09 PM CDT
From the WoE boards.

>>Now if only GG could be used as the sacramental wine.

Basically it would be nice to be able to use the alcohols that GG produces as the sacramental wine used in the devotion ritual. I know it's not game breaking, but I have been dying to see some functionality add to this RP-only spell and it fits in the current dynamic.

To take this idea one step further, it would be nice if the spell could produce some of the other ritual or commune items a cleric may use from water to oil to incense to even a sirese seed or two. I hate nothing more than missing one of those items right when I'm planning on duing the ritual. Of course some sort of restriction would have to be placed on the non-alcohol options. Maybe they drain devotion?

I'm envisioning casting options:

-cast alcohol (provides a random alcoholic beverage)
-cast water (provides a single use of water)
-cast oil (provides a single use of oil)
-cast incense (provides a stick of incense)
etc, etc.

Thoughts?

Nikpack
player of more than I should list

Climbing List:http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Climbing_skill
Swimming List:http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Swimming_skill

And while I am evil, I try to avoid being just plain mean.
-Z
Re: GG 05/20/2009 08:45 AM CDT
This or once again, make it a cantrip. Something needs to be done. In it's current form it's completely worthless. The only reason I know it is because I know all the spells AP and otherwise and still have 3 open slots and not to 150 yet

Cute verbs and speaking from hiding are excellent ways to catch a lightning bolt in the face regardless of mystical ninja abilities.

-Armifer
Re: GG 05/20/2009 12:41 PM CDT
Cantripifying GG would be the sane thing to do, but I keep hoping to find a solid enough concept to rewrite it as a real spell. Consider this suggestion noted as a possible secondary effect.

GM Grejuva
Re: GG 05/20/2009 12:56 PM CDT
I'm glad you're thinking about to Grejuva but truth be told IMO I think that even if it were able to be used to make wine for devotion it's still not worthy of a spell slot unless it had other functions. The idea of creating seeds and such have merit though. I can't think of anything else it'd be useful for though

Cute verbs and speaking from hiding are excellent ways to catch a lightning bolt in the face regardless of mystical ninja abilities.

-Armifer
Re: GG 05/20/2009 12:58 PM CDT
Im not the best at tossing out clerical spell ideas but was thinkin about something GG could do as a real spell and what about a charisma/spirit booster?

Glythtide is the god of happiness and joy so it would make sense that if you cast his spell it would make you happy through and through which would make people around you drawn to you (CHA bonus) and would make your spirit stronger (could be anything from reducing spirit damage from spirit attack spells to a vigil like effect on the regen/pulse speed).

Im sure someone could flesh out some better details but I could see this as a viable booster spell of some sort. Could prolly even find a way to keep the secondary effect of the drinks if it wasnt just turned into a cantrip.
Re: GG 05/20/2009 01:00 PM CDT
Vigil already boost charisma which in turn boost spirit health. Unless it was raised a tier and provided more of protection as MPP to MaPP i don't see a point in having another

-Armifer
Re: GG 05/20/2009 01:08 PM CDT
<<Cantripifying GG would be the sane thing to do, but I keep hoping to find a solid enough concept to rewrite it as a real spell. Consider this suggestion noted as a possible secondary effect.

The problem with cantripifying it would be that other guilds would lose access to it. I think the Bard guild would implode.

If its an Analagous Pattern cantrip, however....

-Evran

Crackling with unspent rage since 386AV.
Re: GG 05/20/2009 03:51 PM CDT
GG: I would prefer it become a real substantial spell in its own right. The question is what is a solid Tier 1 affect that would:
a) be in character with Glythtide and
b) be actually useful/desirable.

From posts not too long ago, we know that Tier One spells can be strong, single characteristic spells- i.e. Shadows. However, would GG's trivial current use be counted against it? The only thing I am really coming up with is the happiness side- i.e. protection against fear based attacks/WvW attacks. Even that is a stretch.

What i don't want is GG to be Hypnotize light- i.e. making single creatures non-violent, without any of the other features. Banner light would be more preferable to me- a shorter duration room violence protection.
Re: GG 05/20/2009 03:54 PM CDT
How about turning it into a spell that makes someone giggle like a little girl and has the side effect of being a small concentration debuff + potential to disrupt every action in favor of mindless giggling ala Chorus of Madmen.

Rev. Reene

The black panther growls, "Are you blind Tachid? Kill Caelumia."
>
Tachid says, "SHE HAS BLUE FIRE"
Re: GG 05/20/2009 04:14 PM CDT
A BoT type spell would be nice, perhaps make everyone too happy to attack

-Armifer
Re: GG 05/20/2009 06:39 PM CDT
Thanks for listening everyone. I just really want to see more use out of this spell while still keepin it a spell because I know there is a subset of the population who likes to keep it temporarily memorized. Thus my idea was to try and take it's current idea one step further. Since it is a literal gift from Glythtide, I thought it might provide a bunch of different things, particularly things clerics might find useful such as items for rituals or communes. I just don't know if it's doable or allowable.

All hail Grejuva!

Nikpack
player of more than I should list

Climbing List:http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Climbing_skill
Swimming List:http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Swimming_skill

And while I am evil, I try to avoid being just plain mean.
-Z
Re: GG 05/20/2009 07:39 PM CDT
I still want it to give an Intelligence debuff in return for a Wisdom buff.

---
"Close your eyes -
For your eyes will only tell the truth..
And the truth isn't what you want to see.
In the dark, it is easy to pretend
That the truth is what it ought to be." - Erik Claudin
Re: GG 05/21/2009 12:14 PM CDT
Devan's post got me thinking- I think he meant it somewhat in jest, but conceptually, a stat boost that is balanced by a stat deboost is kind of intriguing. What if there was a spell that could boost any stat, but cause a reduction in a specific other stat of half as much.
Say for instance you wanted to boost discipline, but were willing to debuff strength- casting the spell for a 18 point increase in discipline would result in a 9 point debuff in strength. The reason I don't make it one for one is because I think having a 50% debuff is plenty of a trade off to be able to boost any specific stat.

Let me say though- I can't see this for GG. It just doesnt seem to fit. So here are my proposals for GG:

a) A stamina boost- with a twist. As a first tier stat boost, keeping it to a specific single stat should mean we could expect a high maximum, with hopefully a nice minimum to make it usable by lower level clerics. When casting GG, the cleric would "cast Flavius" and as usual a beverage would appear, but in this case it would be "Glythtide's Special Elixir". The cleric could drink it immediately for the modest stat boost(the elixir at this point could not be stored and would dissappate in a minute or less), or could cast Bless upon it(metamagic!), and in that case a) the stamina boost is doubled(still bound by global caps), and more importantly, the drink could be stored for a period of time, and the duration of the stat boost would not start until the elixir was drunk. Only one elixir could be in effect at any period of time, so there would be no stocking up. The elixir could be shared with someone else, but since only one elixir could be in effect at any period of time, the cleric would be foregoing his own stat boost in order to boost someone else.

b) Share those drinks- cast at another person or creature, it would displace whatever was in the targets right hand(causing it to drop) with a GG drink. A second cast would do the same thing with the left hand. A critical success would induce a short RT while the person or creature cheers and drinks the drink(rp effects- yay).

I think either of these spells could be useful early on, yet would still be useful at all stages of a clerics career.
Re: GG 05/21/2009 01:32 PM CDT
Given the kind of Immortal Glythtide is, perhaps the spell could increase resistance to fear attacks? Since the fear mechanics themselves are going to be rewritten, or so I understand.

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: GG 05/21/2009 01:36 PM CDT
<<I think he meant it somewhat in jest, but conceptually, a stat boost that is balanced by a stat deboost is kind of intriguing.

In practice it kinda sucks. BLUFF AMAZE boosts charisma but debuffs discipline for example. The times I'd want to boost charisma, I usually want my discipline intact as well and so the ability goes almost entirely unused.

Note the GMs: If you wanted to axe the disc debuff in favor of reducing the CHA boost slightly I'd be okay with it. Or just give us a way to turn it off at will. Or something. :/

-Evran

Crackling with unspent rage since 386AV.
Re: GG 05/21/2009 04:09 PM CDT
>>b) Share those drinks- cast at another person or creature, it would displace whatever was in the targets right hand(causing it to drop) with a GG drink. A second cast would do the same thing with the left hand. A critical success would induce a short RT while the person or creature cheers and drinks the drink(rp effects- yay).

Hahaha. This would be so funny. I'd love to be in the middle of a spar and watch my opponent trying to attack me with a shot of whiskey.

~Player of "One of the Caels."
Spiritual Adviser to the Heretics
Re: GG 06/07/2009 07:04 PM CDT
(I realize I'm a bit late here, but I've been on vacation give me a break)

My suggestion for GG has always been to allow the alcohol to be thrown as a weak naphtha effect which can be lit on fire by FOU and the like.
Re: GG 06/07/2009 08:12 PM CDT
I always hate to disagree with Smegul, so how about a refinement? I wouldn't want GG to have to require LT skill in order to use it. How about GG using a SvA contest throw hurl the alcohol at the creature(alcohol itself wouldn't do any damage, ala IP)- or maybe even better- have it be even more like IP, using TM to cause blunt damage(the heavy mugs), and SVA to determine whether the alcohol hit.
Re: GG 06/07/2009 08:13 PM CDT
If I could throw my alcohol around, I'd be more than willing to train LT just for the sheer amusement.

~Player of "One of the Caels."
Spiritual Adviser to the Heretics
Re: GG 06/07/2009 08:32 PM CDT
>>My suggestion for GG has always been to allow the alcohol to be thrown as a weak naphtha effect which can be lit on fire by FOU and the like.

http://classic.battle.net/war3/neutral/pandarenbrewmaster.shtml#drunkenhaze

Vote yes on Prop. re. GG by Smegul.

---
"Close your eyes -
Re: GG 06/07/2009 09:15 PM CDT
>Vote yes on Prop. re. GG by Smegul.

Vote no one spell suggestions that require weapon skills and another spell to be 'useful'.

GG is a cantrip. Frankly, other cantrips snicker at the idea of making GG a cantrip. It's embarasing.

If it is going to be a real spell, it should have real-spell effects. Summon the alcohol directly into the bloodstream of the target, to cause stat penalties or percept penalties or something.

Currently, it is a sort of nifty RP tool that anyone with a few gold can replicate. While I understand the motive behind the suggestions, this spell is just, frankly a dishonor.
Re: GG 06/08/2009 12:59 AM CDT
Like any real enhancement to GG is ever going to happen in a PG game. Now I have to start rifling through Jackie Chan drunken boxing movies.

---
"Close your eyes -
Re: GG 06/09/2009 09:11 PM CDT
Steal a page from warrior mages, have Divine Radiance guide the liquor to the target on a beam of holy light.

heh that would amuse me greatly

"The demons said Humans are responsible for their own actions, but their thoughts were dictated to them from above. Is that really fair?"
-KUF:COD