FoU Quest Hint 03/11/2017 12:59 PM CST
I talked to Esuin about the quest, bought several of the thing from the place, made my way to the dangerous place, studied the first thing, poured the thing from the store into the second thing, waited for stuff to happen, then studies the second thing. This is the message I got.

"You think you see some meaning within the flow of lava, but it somehow feels too vague to your eyes."

That's not the low skill message, I got that one the first time I tried to finish the quest, and I came back later with more ranks. It's not the wrong aspect message, I've seen that one too, when the lava the wrong color.

Any hints or suggestions on what to do?
Re: FoU Quest Hint 03/11/2017 06:50 PM CST
>"You think you see some meaning within the flow of lava, but it somehow feels too vague to your eyes."

Far as I know, it's just one of the miscellaneous messages you get. I just helped a Cleric complete the quest, and he also got that message one of the times.

As a side note, it took about 8 uses of the first "thing" you mentioned before he got the correct message from the second "thing." (As you called it)
My understanding is that it is totally random.

~Gab
Re: FoU Quest Hint 03/12/2017 11:10 PM CDT
The "thing" switches randomly through the 3 different aspects, one being to vague, one to bright. It means it not the alignment your currently set at. The "thing" accepts only one type at any certain time. It seems to randomly change when it moves so it may take a bit, or happen the first time you come back there. Just keep trying.
Re: FoU Quest Hint 03/14/2017 04:55 PM CDT
One is too dark, one is too light, one is just right. Near as I can tell, the 'too vague' message came because I hadn't done the first thing recently enough before I tried the second thing again. When I went through the whole part in the place, I was able to get the right color after the second thing cycled a couple times.