Perceiving Necros 02/26/2016 10:31 AM CST

Today, I actually was able to "see" my first Necro.

>perc XXXX
>
The telltale signs of necromantic corruption wind through XXXXX's soul like a disease!
XXXXX has no protection from the gods' judgment.
Roundtime: 5 sec.

So question....and forgive me if this has been covered previously.

Is this information a skill contest.....or would any Cleric be able to perceive and see, regardless of circle?

~Gab
Re: Perceiving Necros 02/26/2016 11:17 AM CST
>>Is this information a skill contest.....or would any Cleric be able to perceive and see, regardless of circle?

Pretty sure this (and MM's perceive and empathic detection) all work the same, where if it works it works, but with a side order of Necros having the ability to dodge those detections if they're properly prepared.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Perceiving Necros 02/26/2016 11:55 AM CST
I think all that matters is the necromancer's level of divine outrage and whether they are using their DO hiding abilities at a strength high enough to cover it. If not then any Cleric can sense it. If they are then no Cleric can.

I.e. I don't think there's a contest and it's entirely on the necro to be properly prepared.