communes 07/05/2020 06:15 PM CDT
You struggle to commune, but feel somehow too hollow to channel Eluned's waters.
>

>commune meraud
You struggle to commune, but feel somehow too hollow to channel Meraud's favor.

am i getting these messages because i'm not hugging altars often enough? I'll clean the altar near horse clan, maybe even kiss it and then pray to my badge. Do i need to do more to keep enough devotion to use communes?
Re: communes 07/05/2020 07:03 PM CDT
If you use just "commune" you'll see what your devotion level is. Communes do have minimum devotion levels to be able to use, but tbh, I'm not sure what that level is.

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors." -Raesh
Re: communes 07/05/2020 07:08 PM CDT
<<I'll clean the altar near horse clan, maybe even kiss it and then pray to my badge. Do i need to do more to keep enough devotion to use communes?

That doesn't sound like enough devotional tasks to keep your pool full if using communes fairly frequently, especially Meraud's commune which uses up quite a bit of devotion.

I recommend at least adding planting a sirese seed to your devotion runs since that gives a fairly large amount by itself.

What I do is meditate at the crossing refectory, buy and bless some wine then offer it at an altar, pray with my badge, pray to my god, clean an altar, kiss an altar, dance at an altar, wave lit incense at an altar, and gather and plant a sirese seed. I'm dark aligned, so I also offer a stolen item at an altar and use the specially prepared blood incense to get a bit more devotion out of the incense waving ritual. This is enough devotional tasks for me to lock Theurgy and be able to use Meraud's commune once with an occasional additional commune here and there while always keeping my devotion at near capped levels.
Re: communes 07/05/2020 08:33 PM CDT
Thank you for the info.
Re: communes 07/06/2020 02:59 PM CDT
More info...

Can also do Recite/Poetry, undead offering, release from greed/donation of 5 silver at almsbox, bathing with herbs/holy bath, preaching/invoking prayer parchments. My only request is, if you run commune scripts please check to make sure you are not stepping on another clerics crossing bathing pool filling. I've had more script running clerics come running in & grab the jars I'm filling the bath with, totally messing me up.

Check here --> https://elanthipedia.play.net/Clerical_rituals <-- for more stuff depending on providence.