Kertigen's Commune 03/10/2016 12:45 PM CST
Are there are any clerics who could share their experience on how many strikes you get from this commune? It looks like the Duration/Strikes data on the epedia page are out of date and/or just plain incorrect. We're also missing the messaging for the commune. Feel free to edit anything else you see missing or unclear. Thanks!

https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Kertigen's_commune

Vote:
http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Kertigen's Commune 03/10/2016 02:30 PM CST

You whisper a prayer over the throwing hammer. Slowly, and then more rapidly, a warm glow surrounds the weapon, consuming it in furious fire. When it fades, the hammer is covered in a fine white powder that wipes off easily.
> perc hammer
The throwing hammer is powerfully blessed and should last for 599 more strikes.
Roundtime: 4 sec.
Re: Kertigen's Commune 03/10/2016 02:41 PM CST
Does theurgy skill or devotion level affect strike count Liurilias or is 599 strikes the cap as well as the norm for Kertigen's Commune now? Curious if there's any variation on strike count when the commune is used by clerics of different skills/devotion.

Vote:
Re: Kertigen's Commune 03/10/2016 03:14 PM CST

Honestly, I haven't tested much. I only just checked the strike count since you were talking about it. 599 is what I got with a bit above one thousand Theurgy.
Re: Kertigen's Commune 03/10/2016 03:17 PM CST
When I picked it up recently I had maybe a handful of theurgy ranks more than the 8th circle requirement, so something like say 30ish ranks, and IIRC I got 70 strikes the first time I tried the commune.
Re: Kertigen's Commune 03/10/2016 04:05 PM CST
One thing I've noticed about both Bless and Kertigen's Commune is the blesses doesn't persist through weapon/item changes when you have a weapon like a katavdar that changes from weapon to tailband.

Vote:
Re: Kertigen's Commune 03/10/2016 04:09 PM CST
>>One thing I've noticed about both Bless and Kertigen's Commune is the blesses doesn't persist through weapon/item changes when you have a weapon like a katavdar that changes from weapon to tailband.

I think that's how it [currently] works for all items that "literally" change what they are as objects (as opposed to just having some stuff change like typical swapping weapons). So your ring-weapons from Grey Raven, those exo weapons (I think), ice blades, etc. fall under the same umbrella.

That's also why you can't do things like use platinum sigils to bond brooms/carpets/etc – because the system is literally loading/unloading brand new items when they're activated.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Kertigen's Commune 03/10/2016 04:17 PM CST
Bonding mechanics work with katavdars. Not sure how different the other items are coded but maybe whatever makes katavdars bondable throughout item shifts can be adapted for grey raven rings/brooms/carpets/etc and maybe for spell effects.

Mostly just pointing it out for anyone experimenting with Kertigen's Commune though.

You sense a deep connection with the steel katavdar, as if it will be with you always.

Vote:
Re: Kertigen's Commune 03/10/2016 04:22 PM CST
>>Bonding mechanics work with katavdars. Not sure how different the other items are coded but maybe whatever makes katavdars bondable throughout item shifts can be adapted for grey raven rings/brooms/carpets/etc and maybe for spell effects.

Hence the [currently] in what I said above. Bonds don't drop on ice blades, but I can't speak to how they work on the rings (they kinda handle it naturally so it's less of a thing).

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Kertigen's Commune 03/12/2016 11:46 PM CST

Not sure where my Theurgy was when I blessed my weapons (well over 1k), but I'm showing 642 strikes.
Re: Kertigen's Commune 03/12/2016 11:51 PM CST

Ok, just bought a broadsword from the shop here on Kresh to check and see if the number of blesses would keep scaling, it appears it does.

> COMMUNE KERTIG

You whisper a prayer over the flame-tempered broadsword. Slowly, and then more rapidly, a warm glow surrounds the weapon, consuming it in furious fire. When it fades, the broadsword is covered in a fine white powder that wipes off easily.

> perc broads
The flame-tempered broadsword is powerfully blessed and should last for 720 more strikes.

Theurgy: 1300 55.04% attentive (10/34)
Re: Kertigen's Commune 03/12/2016 11:56 PM CST

So, in case anybody was wondering, it appears that the weapon pawned for more with the commune on it than without. I know we're talking about a minute amount, but, found that interesting is all.

With commune:
> sell broads

You sell your flame-tempered broadsword to Oweede.

Oweede takes your flame-tempered broadsword and gives it a quick but thorough examination. After pausing for a moment, she hands you 1959 lirums for it, and snaps, "Now, go away."
>

Without commune:
> sell broads

You sell your flame-tempered broadsword to Oweede.

Oweede takes your flame-tempered broadsword and gives it a quick but thorough examination. After pausing for a moment, she hands you 1825 lirums for it, and snaps, "Now, go away."
>
Re: Kertigen's Commune 03/13/2016 12:05 AM CST
>>So, in case anybody was wondering, it appears that the weapon pawned for more with the commune on it than without. I know we're talking about a minute amount, but, found that interesting is all.

Did it appraise more? IIRC, like furriers and gem shops, pawn shops have an RNG applied to their formulas.

Re: Kertigen's Commune 03/13/2016 12:12 AM CST
Pawn amounts will change if people sell multiples of the same item as well. You get less each time.

Thayet
@thayelf // http://thayette.tumblr.com

"But you must know that if corruption is powerful enough, it's not corruption at all — it's law. Unspoken, unwritten, but law." — Robert Jackson Bennett, City of Stairs
Re: Kertigen's Commune 03/13/2016 12:44 AM CST

Ah, did not know that, never paid attention to it before, if I had junk then I just sold it if I could.
Re: Kertigen's Commune 03/13/2016 01:29 AM CST
so far we've got:

TheurgyStrikes

Hopefully someone mathy can make sense of this.

Vote:
Re: Kertigen's Commune 03/13/2016 08:28 AM CDT

On the talk page looks like someone put 1131 Theurgy got them 642 strikes, so another data point.
Also, I should rank Theurgy sometime today so I'll get another weapon and do it again, see if it goes up at all from 1300 to 1301.
Re: Kertigen's Commune 03/13/2016 12:14 PM CDT
Just for another data point at 464 Theurgy I got 335.
Re: Kertigen's Commune 03/13/2016 12:41 PM CDT
Another low point:

Theurgy: 79 86.15% attentive (10/34)
>perc swo
The bastard sword is powerfully blessed and should last for 108 more strikes
Re: Kertigen's Commune 03/13/2016 12:44 PM CDT

nice how you can see both blesses now with perc. the bless with the commune shows up as powerful strikes and the regular ones show up normal bless.

The feeble old swamp shaman
Re: Kertigen's Commune 03/13/2016 06:23 PM CDT
Here's the best fit line given the data so far:

f(x) = m*x + b

f(x) = # of strikes
x = Theurgy skill
b = 110 +/- 10
m = 0.477 +/- 0.015

Using rounded numbers this would most likely be something like:

Strikes = 0.475 * Theurgy skill + 100

This assumes there are no other factors like circle or stats. It is also just a best fit line of 8 data points so it is only an approximation.
Re: Kertigen's Commune 03/13/2016 06:27 PM CDT
The lowest data point of 108 strikes from 79 is also a bit off the best fit line of the rest of the data, so taking that one out of the data set gives the following best fit line:

b=122.17 +/- 0.37
m=0.45963 +/- 0.00050

Strikes = 0.46 * Theurgy + 122

This is a much better approximation for all data points so far aside from the lowest.
Re: Kertigen's Commune 03/13/2016 10:42 PM CDT

Ok... 1301 Theurgy, still at high devotion, still 720 strikes. I'll try to remember to maybe check this out every like 20-30 ranks, see if/when it changes again.
Re: Kertigen's Commune 03/14/2016 12:41 AM CDT
That formula looks accurate. Here is what I get at 200:

SKILL: Rank/Percent towards next rank/Amount learning/Mindstate Fraction
Theurgy: 200 80% dabbling (1/34)

You whisper a prayer over the sledgehammer. Slowly, and then more rapidly, a warm glow surrounds the weapon, consuming it in furious fire. When it fades, the sledgehammer is covered in a fine white powder that wipes off easily.
> perc sledg
The sledgehammer is powerfully blessed and should last for 214 more strikes.
Re: Kertigen's Commune 03/14/2016 02:58 AM CDT
453 strikes @ 720 Theurgy.

Prydaen prayer for the hunt:
http://pastebin.com/fRrP52H7
Re: Kertigen's Commune 03/14/2016 11:06 AM CDT

65 strikes at 33 theurgy
Re: Kertigen's Commune 04/17/2016 10:15 PM CDT

UPDATE:
1328 Theurgy,
The flame-tempered broadsword is powerfully blessed and should last for 732 more strikes.

At 1300 Theurgy I had 720 strikes.