Theurgy Training 08/07/2015 09:39 AM CDT
In relation to the other thread going on about the overall value and future of Theurgy, I am curious how others are training the skill these days?

I've just recently picked up back up my cleric who had grandfathered skill. Last night I went and did all of the quests again to pick up the communes, but am curious what is and worth during and how often etc to keep things locked.

Thanks for any feedback.
Re: Theurgy Training 08/07/2015 10:34 AM CDT

In combat a lot so mostly just use a combination of Meraud commune , Praying on badge/immortal/critter when dead, and reciting.

There's plenty more you can do, which can be found here.

https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Cleric_Rituals
Re: Theurgy Training 08/07/2015 11:44 AM CDT

Commune wise, I cycle through Eluned/Tasmine/Meraud/Truffenyi. I've found them to be the 'easiest' in the sense of fewest materials required.

Start with dirt, use dirt for Eluned (dirt to water)
Use water from Eluned, sprinkle for Tasmine
Carve beads for mech, use beads for truffenyi (then throw away the orb)
Meraud.. I just wind up using leftovers from doing devotion runs.

Ritual wise I generally just pray urrem'tier and prayer badge while hunting. I should probably pick up prayer critter, though.

Then I just do a run through in town for devotion.
Re: Theurgy Training 08/07/2015 04:14 PM CDT
Thanks for the great feedback
Re: Theurgy Training 08/08/2015 02:40 AM CDT
Meraud commune followed immediately by my devotion gaining script. The end. Theurgy is too useless for me to devote more effort to keeping it anything other than around a circle ahead of where it has to be.
Re: Theurgy Training 08/08/2015 12:21 PM CDT
In combat: Tamsine's, Meraud's.

Out of combat: Truffenyi's.

Devotion in combat:
Prayer Badge
Prayer Bead
Prayer
Dance
Recite
Undead/Last Rites

Devotion out of combat:
Sirese seed

Most devotion rituals are on a 10 minute timer (ish). Prayer badge is 1 hour.

Prydaen prayer for the hunt:
http://pastebin.com/fRrP52H7
Re: Theurgy Training 08/15/2015 01:24 PM CDT

Why does the pearl ritual in the swamp teach so little when it comes with the spirit hit and the danger?

Any chance someone has found fun ways to train this? maybe more obscure rituals that train it better but put a timer on them?

Just a feeble old cleric
Re: Theurgy Training 08/15/2015 03:00 PM CDT
No, right now, the best way to train it is do a Meraud, possibly a Tamsine, then do things to fill your pool back up, and repeat.

This isn't specific to clerics; most of the guild skills are languishing in 'blah' world because there's simply not enough dev time.
Re: Theurgy Training 08/15/2015 05:50 PM CDT

I just want to note: Theurgy != Devotion. Different things, people often confuse them.

To hit 170 theurgy I have been using:

Eluned (dirt--> water) every 20 minutes
Prayer mat (kiss/dance only) every 10 minutes
Pray every 10 minutes
Prayer badge every 1.5 hours

Area rituals: Every hour or so
Run to altar (preferably the least common one)

dance altar
clean altar
recite altar

This keeps me about 5/34 depending on some other timings.

I just added Tamsine every 20 minutes (holy water) and I'm running positive now, meaning I'll eventually hit 34/34.

Training will likely change as my int/disc/wis increases and I start draining more exp.

All of the rituals I do require 0 materials that I can't forage/get myself. I'm not using any wine/oil/incense. I'm also not using any specialized rituals or even taking advance of area rituals as I only do them once an hour. There are also a bunch more communes I could use.

Basically, theurgy training is really really easy and I could easily double, triple, or quadruple my theurgy experience if I wanted to.