Problems foraging specific wood types for bead carving 06/17/2015 01:03 PM CDT
Is anyone else able to forage a specific wood type as a branch, limb, or stick?
Every time I try forage pine branch, forage pine limb, forage pine stick I get a failure message where I used to be able to. Just putting in forage branch, forage limb, forage stick I get all kinds of random wood types.
This is problematic for bead carving as I can just manage to shape apple blocks and easily shape pine blocks. Anything higher on the e-pedia list and I fail horribly.
Re: Problems foraging specific wood types for bead carving 06/17/2015 01:10 PM CDT
> Is anyone else able to forage a specific wood type as a branch, limb, or stick?

No longer possible. If you want a specific wood type, you'll need to lumberjack it.
Re: Problems foraging specific wood types for bead carving 06/17/2015 05:53 PM CDT
Lumberjacked wood isn't working from what I'm hearing from Clerics.

Thayet
Follow @thayelf on Twitter for absolutely nothing of any value whatsoever!
Re: Problems foraging specific wood types for bead carving 06/18/2015 02:25 AM CDT
Do the new woods, you should wind up with a plain wood block.

It sucks, but you can FORAGE limb/stick over and over till you find the wood you want.

I for example, made a tweak to my Mags script for a novice and kept the yew sticks I foraged while getting the 5 gold you can get from Mags. Got 25 or so yew sticks.

Incidentally, the sticks/branches/limbs are WAY bulkier than they used to be. The old way, I could put 60 limbs in a storebought backpack/duffel bag before it was 'too heavy'. Now I can only put in 20 limbs/sticks before more 'cannot fit'.

>Lumberjacked wood isn't working from what I'm hearing from Clerics.

Actually, this is true.

I logged a cedar limb on my Trader, gave it to my Cleric.

>app limb careful
You are certain that the cedar limb has a quality of 88, placing it at 'very high quality' on the official Trader's Scale.
More stuff

You get a holy water urn sculpted from lapis lazuli from inside your devotional pouch.
>sprinkle urn on my limb
>
You sprinkle a cedar limb with some holy water.
>put urn in devo pouch
You put your urn in your devotional pouch.
>prep bless
Since you're not feeding enough power into the spell pattern to make it coherent, you quickly work your way to the minimum required.
You begin chanting a mantra to invoke the Bless spell.
>cast my limb
You gesture at a cedar limb.
A brilliant silver glow surrounds a cedar limb for a few moments, but nothing else seems to happen.
>get carv knife from dev pouch
You get an obsidian carving knife with an etched ironwood hilt from inside your devotional pouch.
>carve my limb with my knife
It would be better to find a creature to carve or specify which tool you want to carve with.

Kaeta Airtag

"I have faith in the current crop of GMs to not screw people over"

>>Actually an opinion cannot be changed or corrected. Nice try back of line.-VERATHOR
>>But it can be wrong.-Starlear