What am I doing wrong with bead carving? 06/13/2015 02:30 PM CDT
This was happening yesterday as well, so it wasn't caused by Kodius rolling out Shaping. It looks like the Bless isn't taking. I know only clerics can cast Bless on other people; could that somehow be screwing up casting bless on objects?

>forage stick
You move slightly to the right, hoping to find a better foraging spot.
You manage to find a redwood stick.
Roundtime: 4 sec.

>prep bless 30
That won't affect your current attunement very much.
You trace a careful sigil in the air, shaping the pattern of the Bless spell. Casting rationality aside, you prepare to yoke unseen mana streams to fuel your sorcery.

>sprinkle bottle on my stick
You sprinkle a redwood stick with some holy water.

>cast my stick
You gesture at a redwood stick.
A pure golden glow surrounds a redwood stick for a few moments, but nothing else seems to happen.
Emotional pain and exhaustion lingers in your mind, even after you regain rational control.

>stow left
You put your bottle in your leather backpack.

>get carving knife
You get a curved carving knife with a ruby-inlaid hilt of goldenoak from inside your leather backpack.

>carve my stick with my carving knife
It would be better to find a creature to carve or specify which tool you want to carve with.
Re: What am I doing wrong with bead carving? 06/13/2015 03:08 PM CDT

I tried on my MM. Wasn't able to get it to work either.
Re: What am I doing wrong with bead carving? 06/13/2015 06:29 PM CDT
It was working fine for me just now. Not sure what might be up... Make sure the water you are sprinkling is blessed before you sprinkle it.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: What am I doing wrong with bead carving? 06/13/2015 07:30 PM CDT
I did it with Holy water from the vats in the cleric Guild hall (This is in TF).
Re: What am I doing wrong with bead carving? 06/13/2015 11:43 PM CDT
> It was working fine for me just now. Not sure what might be up... Make sure the water you are sprinkling is blessed before you sprinkle it.

It was. I blessed it myself. Here's another try:

>forage stick
You manage to find a redwood stick.

>get bottle
You get a bottle of crimson glass swirled with feathery streaks of orange and gold from inside your leather backpack.

>l in bottle
In the glass bottle you see some holy water.

>sprinkle bottle on my stick
You sprinkle a redwood stick with some holy water.

>prep bless 15
That won't affect your current attunement very much.
You trace a careful sigil in the air, shaping the pattern of the Bless spell. Casting rationality aside, you prepare to yoke unseen mana streams to fuel your sorcery.

>stow left
You put your bottle in your leather backpack.

>cast my stick
You gesture at a redwood stick.
A pure golden glow surrounds a redwood stick for a few moments, but nothing else seems to happen.
Emotional pain and exhaustion lingers in your mind, even after you regain rational control.

>get carving knife
You get a curved carving knife with a ruby-inlaid hilt of goldenoak from inside your leather backpack.

>carve my stick with carving knife
It would be better to find a creature to carve or specify which tool you want to carve with.
Re: What am I doing wrong with bead carving? 06/13/2015 11:51 PM CDT

I'm not sure really. I don't think I've ever known a non-Cleric to try and create their own blocks before.
Re: What am I doing wrong with bead carving? 06/14/2015 07:08 AM CDT

possibly an incompatibility with new wood and bless used through sorcery?
Re: What am I doing wrong with bead carving? 06/14/2015 08:20 AM CDT
>possibly an incomfpatibility with new wood and bless used through sorcery?

Nope, as I said it happens to me in TF too.
Re: What am I doing wrong with bead carving? 06/14/2015 09:36 AM CDT
> Nope, as I said it happens to me in TF too.

And it was doing it for me the day before Kodius released Shaping.
Re: What am I doing wrong with bead carving? 06/16/2015 12:23 AM CDT
Oh you are a non-cleric? No I didn't try that, and I've not touched anything in TF in months. I'm not sure what to say.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: What am I doing wrong with bead carving? 06/16/2015 12:41 AM CDT
I'm guessing it's part of the way Bless behaves differently for non-clerics. /glances at Ricinus