A completely original thought on communes 04/14/2015 03:58 PM CDT
...unless you consider WM planar summoning.

Could we potentially, somewhere down the line, have either a separate commune or a variation on the Meraud commune that allows us to attune a room more to one or more of the gods? The commune nature could prevent abuse (although admittedly I wish the room communes followed with the cleric, as the epicenter of their divine will).

It would rely upon (and train) Theurgy, you could even create opposition similar to how WM planar summoning occurs, where gods that are frequently at odds with each other cause varying negatives/positives to the room. It could be something as simple as certain gods bonus curses or tm spells, or (since I know the global caps are a sore spot) perhaps it could have more creative effects, such as...

Urrem'tier's influence causing a poison miasma in the room that causes slight internal damage or nerve damage to those in combat with the cleric or his group.
Eylhaar could cause a slight, spirit drain
Aldauth could cause a slight dr penalty on foes, causing damage to slightly increase to them
etc.

"Give a man fire and he's warm for a day; light a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life." - Terry Pratchett
"You're Michael Jackson's hair and I'm a Pepsi commercial!" Bucky from Get Fuzzy
Re: A completely original thought on communes 04/14/2015 04:20 PM CDT

Interesting thoughts.