Sweet Home Alabama 06/24/2005 04:51 PM CDT
Finally made it to Alabama and just got the old computer unpacked and hooked up. Tish is back. ::grin::
Re: Sweet Home Alabama 06/24/2005 05:27 PM CDT
Welcome Back!! It was great meeting you in RL too after almost nine years of playing together.

Basthet
Re: Sweet Home Alabama 06/24/2005 05:59 PM CDT
It was totally AWESOME meeting you too!! I hope we can see other again soon!!

Tish
Re: Sweet Home Alabama 06/24/2005 08:05 PM CDT
Yippie! Glad you are back with us. Oh and IC me and Barnoran got married and you missed it.
Teel
Re: Sweet Home Alabama 06/25/2005 06:23 AM CDT
See what happens when you are on the road driving from AK to AL for 10 days and then waiting 2 weeks for your computer to arrive?

Sorry I missed the wedding.

Tish
Re: Sweet Home Alabama 06/25/2005 01:27 PM CDT
By the way was it a fun road trip Tish?

Flavius
Re: Sweet Home Alabama 06/26/2005 06:00 AM CDT
It was fun at first but it was long, it took us 10 days and we drove over 6100 miles. In Canada we saw 4 black bears, a couple of moose, a fox, a small herd of wild horses, deer, and some mountain sheep. In Wyoming we saw another herd of wild horses and a lot of antelope. While in California we drove through the redwoods (I even bought one to take home), and if you ever want to see something truly magnificent go to the redwoods they were awesome. We spent the following day in San Fran so my daughter could go to Alcatraz and we have a wonderful picture of her behind bars.

After California the trip really just dragged on and on and was pretty boring until Kansas scared the heck out of us. We saw 2 tornados when we drove through Kansas on the 9th and drove through Wakeeny just before one of them hit. Then about 20 miles down the road we saw 2 semi tractor trailers the wind from the storm had blown off the road. I never want to go to Kansas again.

After that it was just drive, drive, drive to get to Alabama.

Tish
Re: Sweet Home Alabama 06/27/2005 07:13 AM CDT
<<While in California we drove through the redwoods (I even bought one to take home), and if you ever want to see something truly magnificent go to the redwoods they were awesome.>>

I went to college in Santa Cruz, south of San Fran, and our campus was in the middle of the redwoods. It was amazing to walk to class through them everyday. And the bright yellow banana slugs, ahhh I miss that place. However, I am not sure how well your is going to do in Alabama. But here's hoping it grows big and tall for you.

Teel
Re: Sweet Home Alabama 06/28/2005 02:45 AM CDT
almost sounds like you skipped Texas....shame you had to miss the best state the United States has ever known...

Rabee
Re: Sweet Home Alabama 07/08/2005 09:26 PM CDT
No, we deliberately avoided Texas. Since Texas is only number 2 in size compared to Alaska, we figured been there done that.

Tish